PDA

View Full Version : A new clue in an Australian tragedy

MaryD
July 25th, 2015, 09:28 PM
We have a very sad case of a child's remains being found in a suitcase by a country road in Australia. The suitcase was found a week ago but was probably there for weeks. The child could have been murdered any time after 2007.

Now the police are asking for anyone who recognises a homemade quilt to contact them.

I'm having trouble getting the image across to this post but I'll keep trying. Someone might be able to date the fabric.

"A degraded quilt found at the same site as a child's remains in South Australia might help police solve the killing.

The remains were found close to a roadside near Wynarka this month by a passing motorist.

Police hope someone will recognise the distinctive quilt and give them a breakthrough in their murder investigation.

They said forensic examiners had closely checked the quilt, which is 90 centimetres-square.

Detective Superintendent Des Bray said it appeared to be homemade but had machine stitching.

A filling of polyester material suggested the quilt maker intended it be washed regularly, police said.

Detective Superintendent Bray said it was badly degraded, but the fabric still intact showed a wide border of black material illustrated with musical notes.

He said there also were images of a pumpkin patch, a camel and dragonflies.

"It has been suggested this is a so-called I-Spy quilt, which is especially constructed to allow a parent to play I-Spy with the child using the images stitched into the blanket," he said.

"Someone loved that little girl and either made her, or gave her, that quilt. I would appeal for whoever loved her to get in touch with us.""

GuitarGramma
July 25th, 2015, 09:54 PM
How tragic. May this quilt lead to justice for this poor, poor child!

klgls
July 25th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Very sad indeed.

309Bella
July 25th, 2015, 10:36 PM
I am guessing it was a loved one who killed the child. Typical of leaving something special with the child. I could be wrong. How sad.....

Snickeldorfer
July 25th, 2015, 10:49 PM
what a heartbreaking story
praying the identity can be made
so this poor little soul can rest in peace

Lori63
July 25th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Oh that's so sad:(

dwil23
July 25th, 2015, 11:35 PM
This is so sad. Here is a link I found for a picture:

Quilt gives clue to murdered child whose remains were found near Wynarka in SA - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582)

MaryD
July 26th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the picture, Donna. I could NOT get it to copy across.

stationarymom
July 26th, 2015, 02:29 AM
This is such a tragedy,we also have a case in the Boston,ma area on deer Island where the body of a little girl was found in a trash bag.The police have been asking for clues or tips from the public and nobody has come forward to say they at least recognize her.

dwil23
July 26th, 2015, 05:55 AM
This is such a tragedy,we also have a case in the Boston,ma area on deer Island where the body of a little girl was found in a trash bag.The police have been asking for clues or tips from the public and nobody has come forward to say they at least recognize her.

You're welcome Mary. Just hoping that someone somewhere can provide an answer for this little girl.
Joan,
I have seen those pictures too and you know that either 1) the child's family is also dead or 2) (most likely, sadly) the family is responsible. I am so angered by the little boy missing from Jacksonville this week. Why oh why would a mother leave her toddlers with a man she has had 3 restraining orders against? I don't care what the excuse is, there is no excuse.

Monique
July 26th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I hope they find the person responsible for this tragedy.

irishrn
July 26th, 2015, 10:18 AM
It's a wonder we let go of our children's hands with the craziness in the world!
Such sad stories!!

Nidan_07
July 26th, 2015, 07:17 PM
This story has been getting a lot of media coverage here Nationwide appealing for anyone with any information at all to come forward.
It is just so sad on so many levels. I truly hope that someone can identify that quilt and get some closure for that poor baby and her family.
The images of the quilt have only been released over the weekend, so hopefully some information will come forward very soon.

Blondie
July 27th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Words cannot express my sadness reading this. I am hoping that the child's identity will be forthcoming and those responsible will be held accountable.

MaryD
October 21st, 2015, 01:19 AM
This little girl has been identified. She is the daughter of a 20 year old woman whose body was found 5 years ago in a forest hundreds of miles away.

Now to get whoever is responsible!

judimccl
October 21st, 2015, 03:55 PM
There are just no words to express the sorrow I feel when I read something like this. There seems to be so much of it lately. May God watch over these special angels that he has called back home

SallyO'Sews
October 21st, 2015, 05:35 PM
Oh, Lord, have mercy... Glad at least they have identified her. What a sad, sad story. I think we need to pray for the authorities, as well. I can't imagine having to investigate this sort of gruesome thing.

dwil23
October 21st, 2015, 11:00 PM
Unspeakably awful.

We have had two - not one but two - similar cases solved here this week. One was a nine year old girl whose own mother had stuffed her body into a freezer a year or so ago. The other was a precious 2 year old whose mother and her boyfriend (not the father) beat him to death and then buried him. When the "mother" was asked why she allowed it to happen? "I couldn't stand the thought of loosing two people I love in the same day"!

And Sally, I wholeheartedly agree with you. We need to pray for the authorities who have to investigate this evil.

Sharon G
October 23rd, 2015, 02:15 AM
'The little girl in the suitcase', found in country South Australia earlier this year has been identified. Her name is Khandalyce Pearce
Her mother (Karlie Pearce) is also a murder victim. Her body was discovered in a forest 5 years ago.
Now the police have the task of putting the puzzle together and finding those responsible.
The quilt found with the little girls remains had been made by her grandmother who passed away some years ago.
Rest in Peace Khandalyce x

Granny Judy
October 23rd, 2015, 05:14 AM
Prayers sent to all involved.. I get so sad hearing of these atrocities. "Vengeance is Mine" sayith the Lord. I do hope it comes soon.

auntiemern
October 23rd, 2015, 03:59 PM
How very sad. Will certainly pray that they catch whoever is responsible. RIP baby girl.