PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning

Ginny B
July 25th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Another beautiful morning here. I had three great days off from work. I finished the baby quilt and brought it to the person who ordered it. She loved it. I also finished 6 pillows for ds #4, worked on my hexi project, got to a lqs and picked up some 30's fqs, some Best Press and their row by row and license plates. I had some relaxing reading time too. Today we watch little Henry while step-daughter and her hubby move into their house. Tomorrow we hope to get to the beach in the morning. Then back to work on Monday. Vacation will be coming up before we know it so I think I'd better get researching what quilt shops we may be near on our trip. I am sure it will not be anywhere near the 32 shops our Monique got to! Lol

Have a great day everyone.

irishrn
July 25th, 2015, 10:12 AM

Morning Ginny and all to follow.
Beautiful weather here, cooler, sunny and no humidity. Eyes hate the low humidity but the rest of me loves it!!
Just a glimpse of the new flooring in living room finished yesterday afternoon. Now the marathon cleaning begins. Dust everywhere!!! The bookcase alone is gonna take days!
But I am pleased, actually thrilled all that carpet is gone!!

So I wish all a wonderful weekend...... Cool, sunny and relaxing!!

Snickeldorfer
July 25th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Eileen - you did grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat
catch a bit of 'me' time someway or other

irishrn
July 25th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Eileen - you did grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat
catch a bit of 'me' time someway or other

Thanks so much.... Remind me again what me time looks like.... I'm sure it's here somewhere but I can't find it!! LOL!!!

Kim T
July 25th, 2015, 10:20 AM

Beautiful weather here, cooler, sunny and no humidity. Eyes hate the low humidity but the rest of me loves it!!
Just a glimpse of the new flooring in living room finished yesterday afternoon. Now the marathon cleaning begins. Dust everywhere!!! The bookcase alone is gonna take days!

Eileen

Your floor looks beautiful!
Don't do what I did and use the Swiffer with the hard wood floor solution on them. It puts a bad residue on them and dulls them down. I was able to get it off but not without a lot of hard work.

Ginny B
July 25th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Eileen, they are beautiful! You are inspiring me even more to get rid of the carpeting here.

Simply Quilting
July 25th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Eileen, that looks like a great comfy spot to curl up with a good book. The floors look great.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

irishrn
July 25th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks all! I'm very happy!
DD and her BF arrived this morning with plans to help clean and reorganize. We made a nice dent in The mess, got curtain rods hung up and re hung all the big pictures, BF steamed cleaned the carpet for under the coffee table, and went to the store for me!!

Right now I'm having a well deserved cup of tea and admiring the view before I head to kitchen to start dinner!
DH wants eggplant tonight, so that will be a bit of another mess to clean up!!!
Oh well.

Bubby
July 25th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Eileen, Your new floors look wonderful! I wish we had wood.

Iris Girl
July 25th, 2015, 06:44 PM
They are gorgeous! If I had to do it over I would only have carpet in the bedrooms.

Snickeldorfer
July 25th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks all! I'm very happy!
DD and her BF arrived this morning with plans to help clean and reorganize. We made a nice dent in The mess, got curtain rods hung up and re hung all the big pictures, BF steamed cleaned the carpet for under the coffee table, and went to the store for me!!

Right now I'm having a well deserved cup of tea and admiring the view before I head to kitchen to start dinner!
DH wants eggplant tonight, so that will be a bit of another mess to clean up!!!
Oh well.

fry him an egg
and tell him he
forgot to plant
the hens

Carrie J
July 25th, 2015, 09:11 PM

Late to the Good Morning (sorry Blondie, it was an early start but good day here!) but after looking at your new floors Eileen, they are simply drop dead gorgeous!!!