PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night owl

Simply Quilting
July 25th, 2015, 03:08 AM
It was a hot one today. We did make it to the pool for a while. The severe weather was headed straight towards us tonight but split as it went around us and then came back together as it headed into the next county.

I did get the top finished to a red and white jelly roll quilt this evening.

This night owl is listening to the scanner. Bad wreck and they can't find the people. It is in the middle of nowhere with cars out in a field. Lifeflight is needed but there is a major storm headed in so lifeflight can't come. They are trying to decide a game plan for the critically injured. Three law enforcements and one ambulance crew are trying to figure everything out. Lots of chatter on the scanner and the clock is ticking of the critical hour.

How is everyone's evening going?

bubba
July 25th, 2015, 03:16 AM
I'm smelling rain....

stationarymom
July 25th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Everything is good here now. We had severe weather earlier in the night.What an awful situation to have an accident that needs life flight and a storm coming in.I hope they find the occupants and get them all to help soon.

sewlucky
July 25th, 2015, 03:27 AM
Just heading to bed now. We leave tomorrow for holidays. Last minute change of plans in destination, we are staying in Canada and spending a week in the Banff area. It should be nice, a lot less driving than our original plan and probably I will manage to get to the southern quilt shops in the Row by Row. Our daughter will be in Calgary all week so we can hopefully see her once or twice too before she flies off to Nova Scotia.

Rest well night owls!
Terri

Simply Quilting
July 25th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Terri, enjoy your holidays.

As far as the wreck, everyone found, one transported by ambulance and others are okay. A storm is starting to move in - wind has really picked up. So at least everyone has been taken care of before the severe weather hits.

I think I'm going to head off to bed.

Have a safe night everyone :)

Andrea F
July 25th, 2015, 05:08 AM
Good morning! I'm glad they found everybody and transported them to the hospital.

I can't smell the rain but I see and hear it. We have storm warnings today. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be warn, sunny and very pleasant according to the weather forecast. Crazy...

Terri, enjoy your vacation and have a great time!

I'm hopefully going to sew something today. I haven't seen the machine since two weekends ago. I always fell asleep before I got there. One more week and then we'll be off work for a week too. We won't go anywhere since our beach vacation is coming up in September. But I really need some more sleep and I need to get things done in the house. Washing the windows, deep cleaning the house, you get the idea. Also I really need to get some bags and NCWs sewed, I decided to give selling them a try. Now I need to find a name for an etsy/dawanda shop. Hubby likes "psycho bags". LOL. I'm not sure if I want to go by that name. Do you have any ideas for me?

Have a wonderful day everybody!

kimsophia
July 25th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Hi everybody! I got my quilt sandwiched yesterday so I can start quilting. I really love the backing and am glad I matched the pattern across the seam, even though it was painstaking work. It is weird to be awake days. I'm ready for sunset around 1 in the afternoon.