• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

The weekend is here

It is Friday folksies!

Working again today, tomorrow and then ahh, rest for me which means sitting and getting some stitching done.
    Some people look forward to Saturdays. I always look forward to Fridays but perhaps for a bit of a different reason.

Blueberries are really coming in strong now, what is left of the blackberries I will let the birds enjoy. I am going to make some blueberry muffins this morning to carry over for my favorite octogenerian and nonagenarian. I always make them a fresh pot of coffee before they arrive, sometimes make cookies, little finger sammies (like cucumber bites) or whatever.

Their hair gets washed, set and etc, all the while enjoying the morning. My 98 year old is a thoroughly Modern Millie kind of gal. Very fluent with the computer, current events - I have been knowing her all my life. Sis and I used to go play in her backyard way in the day because she has a large bamboo forest. I lived away from here for many years; however, when I returned, Ms. Martin was one lady I wanted to visit. We visited, got all caught up and have been enjoying each other since. She had been getting her hair done by my cousin, Baby (I have 3 cousins who do hair in the area - Bootsie(Rita), Baby(Hazel), Nonnie (NormaJean) When Delle told Baby she needed to have me start taking care of her hair, I thought for sure it would cause hard feelings. Thankfully Baby is somewhat older than me but at that time was working on snagging her third husband - she was feeling quite generous. And as Ms Martin pointed out, I had been taking care of her hair before Baby did and when I left home, I sent her to Baby. Now that I had returned, she also was ready to return to me. I don't like hurting anyone's feeling but I would have considered Ms. Martin worth it. Besides, Baby married No. 3, retired, divorced and lives with her daughter. They both come to me for their hair cuts, both Baby and her daughter.

Alrighty folksies. I am about to grab another cup of coffee, smile at my husbands as I wave him off to work before I must get it all going on for the day. Have a wonderful weekend, create something lovely in whatever manner you wish - cooking, sewing, memories - enjoy it all. And don't forget to smile.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• ceiliam
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2014

Re: The weekend is here

Morning all. Blondie hope you have a great time with your friends. Got 2 table runners done yesterday, hope to finish quilt I have been
    Working on today. Hope all have a great day. Cecelia

Comment

• songbird857
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2014

Happy Friday
      Blondie, you are one of the most thoughtful people I know...
      I should be finishing up the two mini wall hangings for the yankee swap tomorrow (Christmas in July party...) I'll post pics later - the design is so cute when it is stitched out!
      Last night was band practice - we had taken a hiatus when my FIL first got here, only playing gigs when we were requested. We are now getting back into the groove, getting ready to play on Cape Cod in August. Started a new song last night - "Lift Your Head Weary Sinner"... hoo boy - good song by Crowder... of course, ours has more of an acoustic-y vibe since we have 5 musicians and not 20
      I'm off to get my kitchen in order, well, after I watch the tute... then sewing for me (yaaay!)
      I hope everyone has a great weekend...

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone,

We got 3 more inches of rain yesterday....will this ever stop?

I should devote the day to cleaning but instead I will sew the borders onto the Curved Log Cabin and ready it to take to Reggie for quilting. I really like the new tutorial and plan to make a small version of it for a child. I may see how it works made with charms.

Blondie, have a great time with your special ladies. Speaking of special ladies, has anyone heard from our May? Last I heard she was starting to feel a bit better.

Happy Friday Everyone!!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Good morning. Home at last. PHEW.....

Great trip, lots of rows, lots of license plates and some fabric.

Today I will start a baby quilt that I was asked to make. I bought solid coordinating fabric to go with the Frozen panel. I NEED to get that done. That is the only commitment I currently have. The weekend is all mine. Les is still staying at his mom's at night. He says that she did not know him the other day. So sad. I don't know how long they can keep this up. I can't suggest anything because it is not my mother, so I shall keep quiet and let the family deal with it, but it is so terribly sad.

Have a great day and weekend friends.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• Ginny B
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Good morning and Happy Friday all. I had a good day yesterday. Went to get my haircut -- didn't have an appointment. I was just going in to see if they could fit me in anytime yesterday or today and lo and behold, they were able to take me right away. And I really like the way she did my hair yesterday. Then I went to Joann's and it wasn't crowded at all and I was in and out in no time. Headed home and worked on the baby quilt and got it finished and even had time to work on pillows for ds. I even surprised dh by making him some chicken parm for dinner.

This morning I think I will try to finish the last two pillows for ds and then I may head to a lqs for their row x row and license plate. I am really liking this staying home bit. So, today being the last of my days off, I will enjoy every moment.

Blondie you are a real sweetie to make those blueberry muffins for those ladies. I am sure they will love them. Barb, I was wondering how May was doing too. Sure miss her here.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
            Ginny B
            Levittown, NY

Comment

• SewnByBee
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2015

Happy Friday ladies and gents.

I have been trying to find font apps for my Kendle, I put some BAD key board crap
              on here and I'm having Problems !!!!!!!
              I was hoping this could help too , OMG. FAIL.
              I needed APPs to make my fonts easier to SEE what I read and wriite.
              If you know a good links to lnlarge fonts on facebook I need help please, PM me. Ican't figure it out.
              Now I MUST fix My KEYBORD PRAY FOR ME !!!!!!!................Bee

....Bee
              The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
              ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

• irishrn
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2010

Morning all! Yeah it's Friday but I'm not anywhere near to getting this week over. Yesterday was a long day with workman but even longer with DH who was so out of sorts with things moved around in HIS living room. No TV set up, no sofa to snooze on, even though I put the TV in the bedroom for him to watch that just wasn't the same!!!
                We both fell asleep after the workers left at 4 and woke up about 6 pm. DH insisted it was 6 am and wanted coffee and breakfast. When I told him it was 6pm and we were having hamburgers and fried potatoes he wouldn't eat them..... Obviously that's not breakfast Food!!
                So it's gonna be a long weekend. Workman due here at 8 haven't arrived yet so DH is finally eating breakfast!! He's hungry!

Hope all have a happy and sunny cool day today!! Enjoy the weekend!!!
                sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

• Snickeldorfer
                  Applique Angel
                  • Jul 2015

ouch.jpg
                  can you tell how much it is swollen
                  my ring was very loose when i went to bed
                  couldn't get it off now if i had to
                  ouch

did i say ouch
                  i thought a thought that i thought i had thought but the thought that i had thought wasnt the thought that i had thought i had thought so maybe if i had thought the thought that i thought i thought i wouldn't of thought so much

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Good Morning! Yup! We made it to Friday. Hubs has woken up the last few days with horrible cold symptoms. This morning he had the worse cough I've heard outta him in 40+ years. I felt SO bad for him, but would he take a day off? Nope. I'm betting I see him early today.

I got a lot of sewing done yesterday and my plan for today is to finish my current project. Now let's see how this goes. Barb, I would love to see a pic of your curved log cabin you're working on. I still have to post pics of mine. It turned out great and I love it!

Off to get it going! Hugs and Prayers to all in need! Have a wonderful day.....
                    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                      Missouri Star
                      • Aug 2010

Love the story... have many memories of "ladies" like that in my past life... I am who i am now because of them........I strive to be "one of them" as i age.... to make an impression on the younger generation that is positive is a gift... to be treasured and revered by them in old age is a blessing!!!!
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2010

What the heck???? That looks like my flare of RA a few years back... did you bump.. or did it just come on?
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• songbird857
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Snickeldorfer View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]114630[/ATTACH]
                          ouch

did i say ouch
                          Oh nooooo... what is that from?

Comment

• Navy Wife
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2013

I'm back home after a glorious and exhausting week at Lake Barkley in KY. Our whole family was there at one time or another, and we had 3 under 3 for most of the time. I forgot how much noise they can make! My ears are still ringing. We had our 3 kids, spouses, 4 grandchildren, spouses, and 3 great grands all in one huge house. It was fun. DS#2 brought his new boat, and it was the hit of the trip. Uncle Tom is everyone's favorite anyway, and now he's the Man! We left a day early because I was so tired I was sleeping most of the time. Drove home in pouring rain from Nashville to Knoxville. I picked up the cat on the way in, and she has been glued to me ever since. She's a Mama's baby!

As soon as I unpack and do laundry, I may be able to sew. I feel like I have been in another country, or planet!

Have a great Friday all. Enjoy your family. If they are far away, call them! Prayers for those who need them and hugs to all!

Comment

• Lori63
                              Missouri Star
                              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Snickeldorfer View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]114630[/ATTACH]
                              ouch

did i say ouch
                              Oh my What in the world happened? I'm sorry, it's looks painful. Hope you get better soon.

Busy day for me. I'm putting an I spy quilt on my design wall this morning and hope to starting sewing it this weekend. Later this morning I'm taking MIL to an eye doctor appt and out to lunch. Then spending time with DD2 and DGD, so not much sewing today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                              Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X