PDA

View Full Version : Theatre shooting in Lafayette, Louisiana

MBCA
July 24th, 2015, 12:33 AM
The world now has more people that have no regard to the value of life. What a coward, he went into the theatre and shot 10 innocent people there to enjoy a movie then committed suicide. Two patrons have died from their issues. Pray for the people and their families that they may get beyond this tragedy. By the way, head of the ambulance company got the call and then found out that his daughter was in the theatre that the gunman had opened fire in, traumatized but ok. Thanks for the prayers

Hulamoon
July 24th, 2015, 12:48 AM
This is a new one?I didn't watch news today.
You are posting in the wrong place I think.It should go here for a better responce

General Chit-Chat (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/)

Sorry I didn't explain' well, but this section is for quilting stuff.

stationarymom
July 24th, 2015, 12:56 AM
Another horrible tragedy,I will pray for all of the people in the theatre and their families too.

Lori63
July 24th, 2015, 01:07 AM
So sad, I just heard a 3rd person died:(

dwil23
July 24th, 2015, 01:13 AM
So tragic. It's a sad day when you can't go to the theatre without worrying about something like this happening.

Prayers for all involved.

GuitarGramma
July 24th, 2015, 01:32 AM
How awful! Where has the respect for human life gone? What enters the head of someone who wants to kill people he doesn't even know?

AlohaSandy
July 24th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Very sad indeed and prayer to all the families and its ok that it was posted here im sure that you are very upset i understand i sometimes post in the wrong place
The world now has more people that have no regard to the value of life. What a coward, he went into the theatre and shot 10 innocent people there to enjoy a movie then committed suicide. Two patrons have died from their issues. Pray for the people and their families that they may get beyond this tragedy. By the way, head of the ambulance company got the call and then found out that his daughter was in the theatre that the gunman had opened fire in, traumatized but ok. Thanks for the prayers

MBCA
July 24th, 2015, 01:45 AM
I thought I had hit general chit chat, sorry.

MBCA
July 24th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Just received a call from my best friend, her son is in ICU was shot through his shoulder, his wife and her friend were uninjured.

shermur
July 24th, 2015, 01:57 AM
This is one of the reasons I do not attend the moves at a theater any more....it started when the Colorado movie theater shooting happened. There are too many derranged people running around.

Prayers to the families that had been afflicted by this tradegy. When will the madness stop!

pcbatiks
July 24th, 2015, 02:14 AM
Beth......I was just wondering about you and your family when I saw your post. Sorry to hear about your friend's son. I'll be praying of him and the others that were affected by this insanity. It's even more unnerving when it happens in your state or your area.

I will never ever understand someone having no value for human lives. It's really pitiful when things like this happen so often we can't keep track of whether this is a new or older news story.

Beth.......prays to all of you.

kimsophia
July 24th, 2015, 12:18 PM
It makes me ballistic that some kill a bunch of people and THEN commit suicide...kill yourself first, you don't deserve to take anyone with you.

Hulamoon
July 24th, 2015, 12:42 PM
It makes me ballistic that some kill a bunch of people and THEN commit suicide...kill yourself first, you don't deserve to take anyone with you.

I know, that always bothers me too. If you want to make the history books, what's your point. Your're never going to see it.

snippet
July 24th, 2015, 02:44 PM
What a crazy thing to happen. I wonder why the killer did this. So sad for everyone.

I hate it especially because I enjoy going to the movies and I work at the theater too.

K. McEuen
July 24th, 2015, 03:20 PM
The guy had a history of mental issues.

John Russel Houser: What we know about Louisiana movie theater shooting suspect (http://news.yahoo.com/john-russell-houser--what-we-know-about-louisiana-movie-theater-shooting-suspect-134806223.html#)

MBCA
July 24th, 2015, 03:38 PM
They don't think he intended to kill himself, he had a car outside the exit. He actually started to leave but when he opened the door the police were already on the scene so he went back inside, shot my friends son then turned the gun on himself. Also found out this morning one of the victims that died was a friend of my son. It is all so senseless.

pcbatiks
July 24th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Beth........you and your friends have been on my mind today. How is your friends son doing? So sorry to hear about your sons friend. Continued prayers for Lafayette.

Midge
July 24th, 2015, 07:19 PM
You have been on my mind today as this story has unfolded. These things are always inexplicable. I hope your friend's son's recovery is smooth and complete. What can we say about the two young women who died? Just tragic.

Monique
July 24th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Oh Beth, prayers for the families of the fallen and prayers for the survivors. Prayers for the whole town as they come to terms with what happened.

TMP
July 24th, 2015, 08:07 PM
My prayers for your friend's son and your town. I just don't understand people anymore. Seems like we have a shooting once a week now, makes you just want to home and out of crowds.

alliek
July 24th, 2015, 08:39 PM
How sad, how tragic. Sometimes you wonder, how you can hear anymore of these terrible happenings. Prayers and tears for the families this has affected.

MBCA
July 25th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Beth........you and your friends have been on my mind today. How is your friends son doing? So sorry to hear about your sons friend. Continued prayers for Lafayette.

The bullet entered his right shoulder hit his spine in the neck and exited the left shoulder. They want to try and give the bones a chance to heal themselves, especially in the neck, afraid the risk for paralysis is too high for surgery at this time so they have him in several hard braces and he is ou of ICU. This young man has already been to hell and back. During his senior year in college he was diagnosed with leukemia, had a bone marrow transplant and has been cancer free for twenty years and now this, he says he just will have to stay positive,he is alive and his wife was not injured. Bless his heart I admire him.

auntiemern
July 25th, 2015, 09:57 PM
So senseless. A friend of mine from Houma was a friend of one of the girls that was killed. The world truly has become a scary place.