• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grandma G
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2013

It is so hot...

I looked out the window and noticed this squirrel "resting" on the top of my water fountain. He was there for about 15 minutes when I decided to see if I could get a picture. Took this about 6:30 p.m. and the temp was still 94 degrees. I think he was begging for me to turn on the fountain but I was afraid the force of the water would blow him off and he would die of fright instead of thirst.
    Attached Files
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: It is so hot...

Cute picture. It is a scorcher here in Texas.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Genny
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2011

This is a pic of one of ours I posted last summer. Its funny they stretch out when its so hot.
      Attached Files
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

• Hulamoon
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2012

How fuuny. When I was in Calif I took this one.
        P1015128.JPG
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

• jbrewer
          Prairie Pointer
          • Jun 2015

Do you have squirrels in Hawaii? My 2 dogs do NOT approve of them. They come eat the bird food out of the feeder in the back yard. Very naughty.

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by jbrewer View Post
            Do you have squirrels in Hawaii? My 2 dogs do NOT approve of them. They come eat the bird food out of the feeder in the back yard. Very naughty.
            We only have chickens. Up in the mountains there are deer and goats. We have wild pigs in our yard sometimes,But I don't eat meat. I won't get into what other people eat. Just watch your pets.
            Last edited by Hulamoon; July 23, 2015, 08:55 PM.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• BobW
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2014

How hot is it Gerri? (I just couldn't resist LOL)

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

My squirrels are looking very well fed from stealing every green tomato off my tomato plants! Little varmints!

Comment

• jjkaiser
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2013

You people make me laugh, "It's so hot!" I have worn sandals only once this summer and shorts not at all. Barely hit 75. I know you are jealous. But I am hoping it stays like this cause State Fair starts in two weeks and I do not want it to be too hot for me to eat my way from one end of the fair to the other!! Cream puffs, ice cream, bacon, I can't wait!!
                  Jocelyn
                  South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• BobW
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2014

We are getting ready for the hottest week of the summer! It never fails that during our Cole County Fair we have one of the hottest weeks of the summer. The fair starts next week.

Comment

• Lightwriter
                      Missouri Star
                      • Sep 2013

Yesterday was our first slightly cooler day in a week and that was because it rained. Most days were 97 and that is before heat index was figured in...and boy are we humid! Summer in the South!

I enjoyed the slightly cooler day and was able to stay upstairs and sew most of it. The small window AC upstairs was able to keep up. I really do appreciate air conditioning!
                      Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

• Carrie J
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2014

Gerri, all the squirrels here are doing the "draping" here too! LOL! Intense heat AND humidity! It's just too stinking' HOT to do much of anything!
                        What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

• Grandma G
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                          You people make me laugh, "It's so hot!" I have worn sandals only once this summer and shorts not at all. Barely hit 75. I know you are jealous. But I am hoping it stays like this cause State Fair starts in two weeks and I do not want it to be too hot for me to eat my way from one end of the fair to the other!! Cream puffs, ice cream, bacon, I can't wait!!
                          You realize that makes me want to speak pirate-eze!!! Arr! lol
                          Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

• Grandma G
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
                            Gerri, all the squirrels here are doing the "draping" here too! LOL! Intense heat AND humidity! It's just too stinking' HOT to do much of anything!
                            Carrie - if I turn on the fountain it increases the mosquito population and if I don't I get "draping" squirrels. At least if he's laying up there he's not eating my porch furniture. They love resin!!! And obviously Jean's tomatoes.
                            Gerri

Comment

• Snickeldorfer
                              Applique Angel
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                              My squirrels are looking very well fed from stealing every green tomato off my tomato plants! Little varmints!
                              sprinkle red pepper flakes around the tomatoes and on the plant
                              won't hurt the plant but will keep the squirrels away
                              cayenne pepper also works well
                              i thought a thought that i thought i had thought but the thought that i had thought wasnt the thought that i had thought i had thought so maybe if i had thought the thought that i thought i thought i wouldn't of thought so much

Comment

Working...
                              X