PDA

View Full Version : Making lemonade or fruit jucie

Swedish leo
July 23rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Hi

I have been making Elderberry juice and Lime blossom juice! This is the first time making juice of these.

So far I have tasted the juice of the lime blossom and it is good! Next one will be the Elderberry juice and I think it will be equally good!

And I have made my usually summer juice with rhubarb, apple, strawberries and raspberries with a hint of vanilla and mint.

And I have at least 2 liters of black currant waiting for me in the freezer to make more juice with.
They are really big this year. The black currant on the left in the picture is the normal size.

You gotta love summertime and all the good food and drinks!

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 01:52 PM
you are sure ambitious
and health conscious
my dad used to make
fermented wild cherry juice

amartin24
July 23rd, 2015, 02:05 PM
How about lingonberry juice? Aren't they prevalent in Sweden?

Swedish leo
July 23rd, 2015, 02:12 PM
How about lingonberry juice? Aren't they prevalent in Sweden?

Yes, the forest is full of lingonberries but not until fall.

There is how ever blueberries already and we are planning on picking lots of them to.

They make a good juice to but we make pie with them to. and it is nice to scatter some on your breakfast cereal or yoghurt.

FabStripper
July 23rd, 2015, 04:33 PM
I make cucumber lime mint water to drink. I think your the first one I ever seen measure berries with a quilt ruler. Lol!

Carlie Wolf
July 24th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I use to make elderberry wine when I had access to a lot of elderberry bushes when up in Canada. Yummy!

I also cut the flowers in the Spring when in full bloom, dried them for making a tea in the winter. It was good for the "blues" due to not enough sun then. But also the tea worked wonders in knocking out a cold if I drank about three cups during a day or two. I still keep flowers around for the winter in case I'm coming down with something. The first thing I did when I moved down south here was plant two elderberry shrubs.

SallyO'Sews
July 24th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I'd love directions on how you do this, everybody! (Sorry; I always thought juice came out of a bottle labeled "Tropicana" or "Welch's"! :0 )

Lori63
July 24th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Do you make elderberry jelly? I absolutely LOVE elderberry jelly and it's so hard to find. That's the main reason I go to craft festivals every summer is to find elderberry jelly!

Carlie Wolf
July 24th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I make cucumber lime mint water to drink. I think your the first one I ever seen measure berries with a quilt ruler. Lol!

Can you share the recipe??? That sounds really good and I think I have all the ingredients!

FabStripper
July 24th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Can you share the recipe??? That sounds really good and I think I have all the ingredients!

Sorry I just saw this. I start with a 2 quart glass pitcher and put in about 10 slices of cucumbers that I slice like julienne and a whole lime that I slice in slices about 1/4 inch thick slices. I fill the pitcher with water and every time I take some out I refill with water. In each glass I put a few fresh mint leafs. Now if company is over I put 3 cucumber slices and one lime slice with a couple mint leafs in a glass with ice and add water. It is so refreshing and healthy. When it's just me I just drink some and add more water to the pitcher. I even reuse my mint all day.

kensington
July 25th, 2015, 01:17 AM
I learned how to put up Apple Butter last year... my favorite! Just sayin... :D

Carlie Wolf
July 25th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Sorry I just saw this. I start with a 2 quart glass pitcher and put in about 10 slices of cucumbers that I slice like julienne and a whole lime that I slice in slices about 1/4 inch thick slices. I fill the pitcher with water and every time I take some out I refill with water. In each glass I put a few fresh mint leafs. Now if company is over I put 3 cucumber slices and one lime slice with a couple mint leafs in a glass with ice and add water. It is so refreshing and healthy. When it's just me I just drink some and add more water to the pitcher. I even reuse my mint all day.

Thank you! This is great :-) I copy and pasted it in my recipe file.

tnmtgrl
July 26th, 2015, 09:26 AM
We just made elderberry jam yesterday.....it's so good. My DH said that now since we are getting so many that next year he is going to make me some elderberry wine too.