PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
July 23rd, 2015, 07:33 AM

Hello Thursday and Happy Folksies!

This week has been the fastest, slowest week. I have gotten an enormous amount done but very little to show for it in my hands. I have cooked until I need to go to the store again. I have smiled at people when I was really tempted to return their grimaces. I have laughed at inappropriate things at inappropriate times. I even did the biggest no no of all - I looked at caller ID before answering the phone. That is just not me. A phone ringing makes me involuntarily answer it. I never look at the ID. I don't even think I know all the options on the phone system. That is because I answer the phone.

Today is another one of those days that will be busy. I have been making my list of things to finish before the holidays. I have stayed up late working on a few of them. I am determined to get caught up. But who will catch me?

Have a stellar day, folksies. The days may be long but life is short. SMILE.

Granny Fran
July 23rd, 2015, 08:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone !!!

No sewing/quilting today. DH and I are making a day trip to Mansfield, OH, to see the prison that was used in the making of the Shawshank Redemption movie. That is one of DH's all time fav movies and wThen the local paper did an article on it this spring, well, the rest is history......not doing the haunted tour though that is 8pm to 5am. This lady is not going to stay up all night just to be scared to death!!!

Well, off to the coffee pot, then hit the road. DH doesn't know it yet, but there are a couple RxR shops in Columbus that might get a quick visit on the way. lol

Amy R
July 23rd, 2015, 08:41 AM
OOOO I'll have to get my brother up here to go with me for the tour Fran. How fun would that be!!!

Good morning all, hope everyone is doing well.
Busy here, trying to keep sophie busy and out of mayhem.

Bubby
July 23rd, 2015, 08:50 AM
Morning Everyone,

Blondie, I am the girl on the right even at my age.

It's another rainy day so I think this will be my sewing day. I need to put borders on a Log Cabin Christmas quilt and take it to Reggie.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Sylvia H
July 23rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Good morning all! Today - finally - an electrician is coming to fix the outlet in the laundry area. Yay for me......I am pretty low on clean clothes! The outlet died Monday of last week. And in recognition of this event, the ceiling light in my sewing room no longer works. Glad this happened before, not after, the electrician's visit.

It is a lovely morning with windows opened. I was finally able to sleep without A/C last night. The previous nights were just too humid. Now for some coffee and breakfast (avocado toast - yum).

Have a great day everyone!

bakermom
July 23rd, 2015, 09:24 AM
Has been a very busy week so far and will be busier. DH and I are still involved in 4H and this is judging week for our county. Taking a few hours to take the GKs to Amish country today though. Then back to Fair stuff tomorrow.
Haven't done any sewing but did spend some time with DD knitting.

Carrie J
July 23rd, 2015, 09:27 AM
Morning All! :D

Right for sure! :D Up early, and waiting for coffee here! Then off to tackle the day, forecast hot, continued hot until October!! We call it "the lengthy weather forecasters vacation months"! Looong week here, but come Sunday, yee haw sewing begins again! Hope everyone has a super day, Hugs and Blessings to all, safe travels for those on the road. :D

SewnByBee
July 23rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
Good Morning.
I'll be busy again today ,hope things slow back down, bet just in case,

Ginny B
July 23rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
Good morning all. What a beautiful day it was yesterday. I didn't spend time outside but I did have all the windows in the house open and it was beautiful in my sewing room. It has been so humid the last week or so. Looks like I sure picked some great days to be off of work. :) I did get a lot accomplished yesterday. Before heading to the sewing room (because if I went there first, nothing else would be done) I got the kitchen cleaned, two loads of laundry set to go and dinner prepped. Then I spoke with my sis for a bit and then headed to my "cave". It was a nice sunny cave with beautiful sunshine coming in. I finished putting together the Irish Chain baby quilt top, worked on some pillows for my sons new house and also got two rows of tumblers put together as leader/enders while doing all of the above.

Today I hope to get my hair cut and head to J's for the batting and then back to my sewing room to layer the baby quilt and start the quilting. My plan is to be ready for the binding by tomorrow and have it finished by the weekend.

Blondie, I need to make my Christmas project list too. I have things pop into my head but if I don't write them down, I seem to forget I wanted to make them until it's way too close to Christmas. So maybe I need to add "Make Christmas list" to my To Do list for today. And I need to put Log Cabin Christmas quilt on that list because Barb you reminded me that that was one of the things I wanted to make.

Have a great day everyone.

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 10:04 AM
gorgeous day here
door open to gentle breeze
hard telling what the day will bring
gotta keep busy

Grandma Nan
July 23rd, 2015, 10:17 AM

Well my whole week has been quilting related but I have not been near my sewing room.

Monday, doing the row by row with my sister (we dragged Dad along), then Tuesday I met with our special Monique for a bit and then I started working on my favours. Wednesday I had to do some laundry (not quilting related) and made more favours. Also did some hunting around and phoning for some licence plates that i really loved. Today I have to go to the LQS and pick up a row plus take my Dylan (6 yo) to the dentist, then pick up my handicapped daughter. She and I have to go to a funeral tomorrow for the husband of her primary worker at the assisted living. So I have been involved in quilting all week but nary a stitch has been sewn.

I don't care, I'm having so much fun this summer that I can't believe we're almost to August. Having my sister start quilting has just been so wonderful. Just goes to show you again that sometimes bad things have a silver lining. If my sister hadn't been in a car accident in January she would be working and we would not have had this time together. We have had the best summer and I think it is helping both of us in mourning Mom's passing in March. It has also been good for Dad as he has often gone on our quilty adventures with us for the ride.

Everyone have a wonderful day and look for that silver lining when things go wrong. It is not always easy to find but I bet you will find some good.

Be safe out there no matter what you are doing.
Nan

irishrn
July 23rd, 2015, 10:21 AM

Morning all!! Gloomy day here and humid!!
I have officially retired my painting clothes!! Aren't they the fashion statement!!! DH's old tee shirt, DD's old shorts!!
Given the fact that I am now moving into the cleaning phase of the Reno soon, I was thinking I'd try a French maids outfit!!
Considering there isn't a room in this house that doesn't have something in it that doesn't belong there, I'm gonna be a busy busy girl! But when it's done..... I have a date with my sewing machine!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

So I hope all have a good day! Stay cool and enjoy!

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 10:48 AM

Morning all!! Gloomy day here and humid!!
I have officially retired my painting clothes!! Aren't they the fashion statement!!! DH's old tee shirt, DD's old shorts!!
Given the fact that I am now moving into the cleaning phase of the Reno soon, I was thinking I'd try a French maids outfit!!
Considering there isn't a room in this house that doesn't have something in it that doesn't belong there, I'm gonna be a busy busy girl! But when it's done..... I have a date with my sewing machine!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!

So I hope all have a good day! Stay cool and enjoy!

if you throw out those painting clothes
your husband is going to be MAD at you
he'll want to keep them
you know

JCY
July 23rd, 2015, 11:23 AM
Blondie, we rarely answer our phone. We get too many telemarketer calls. Sometimes 3 a day or more. We do not have caller ID -- I don't want to pay the extra ea. mo. to have it. We have a message machine with which we screen our calls. Leading up to elections, there are so many political messages. Also, even though we are on the no-call list, solicitors are not exempted or the politicians. Our friends know we won't answer the phone unless they identify themselves. It works for us. Now if the door bell ringers would honor the "No Soliciting" sign on the door, that would be nice. Either they don't know the meaning of the word, or they think they are exempt.

Another sunny day here. It was 97 yest. & it's expected to be just as hot today. DH has a 2 wk. follow-up appt. with the surgeon today for his Moh's surgery & nose reconstruction. This has been a rough 2 wks. The trauma, bruising, swelling, pain for his nose & face was awful. I felt so bad for him. It really is looking better. His L. nostril is smaller, so he can't move as much air through the L. side of his nose. I think when the scars fade, his nose is going to look ok. In retrospect, we probably would have chosen to have the graft from his neck if we had realized how traumatic the flap procedure would be. Once you're cut on, you can't go back. You have to work through it.

My sewing projects have been slow. I started working yest. on that charm quilt that someone gave a link to. I'm not happy with the strips of white. I may change the color. I have the 9-P/Rail Fence top done; it's ready to be sandwiched.

TGIF Day is almost here. Have a good day, everyone.

Simply Quilting
July 23rd, 2015, 11:32 AM
Several things on the agenda today. Hopefully, a few of them include the sewing machine. Looking at a wonderful day.

Have a great day everyone :)

ravelim
July 23rd, 2015, 01:49 PM
I can't quilt at my machine right now because of medical issues but...

I will just follow you girls. Yup I'm going to live through your description s.

EnumclawGramma
July 23rd, 2015, 03:04 PM
It's still morning here, so here I am! Good Morning! Today is my alone ALL day day and I'm going to go straight to my sewing room as soon as I finish here. I'm going to finish up a scrappy quilt for a wedding gift in the next two days if it's ALL I do. And it just may be!

List of things to accomplish before the holidays? Nope. But I have been making a bucket list (in my mind). Anyone else have one?

Barb, Blondie: I also TRY to be the girl on the right, as often as possible! love ya! ;-)

Have a wonderful day all. Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 03:34 PM
i fixed breakfast and did dishes
i washed large windows inside and outside
very large ones
a lot of them
i unloaded a pickup bed of junk
i did some laundry
i cleaned two large brass bells
i got a wasp sting
i swelled up
i am on benadryl and itching
i moved about twenty boxes full of fabric
i moved two fifty pound bags of sand
i weeded the cracks in the front patio
i put out the padded patio furniture cushions
i swept the kitchen floor
i am tired
i am not finished

K. McEuen
July 23rd, 2015, 03:42 PM
i washed large windows inside and outside

Come and do mine?

i got a wasp sting
i swelled up
i am on benadryl and itching

Make a paste of mustard and baking soda and put on the sting. It always helped draw out the poison.

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 06:57 PM
my hand is as large as if i were
planning to meet mike tyson in
a ring tonight
and then i went
out and spread
eighteen bags of mulch
and now i am truly
enjoying a large drink with lots
of ice and a slice of lime
and i need to sleep
maybe tomorrow

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 06:57 PM
yellow mustard

that is a question
going to try it
benadryl did not much
at all

K. McEuen
July 23rd, 2015, 07:48 PM
Yep, good old yellow mustard.

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 08:12 PM
my roomie (bedmate)
saw my hand and thought
i had really reacted worse
than previously thought
mustard and baking soda
turned bright orange and lumpy
on my hand
wheee
better than the skin falling off

quiltingtrish
July 24th, 2015, 12:20 AM
That sounds icky but I hope it helps and that you feel much better tomorrow.