PDA

View Full Version : Hoo's hot?

Lightwriter
July 23rd, 2015, 01:51 AM
This night owl is about to melt and is barely sticking her head out of her little Airconditioned hole in the tree. The sewing aerie is hot, but got some tumblers sewn together after supper. Can't sleep and Internet is being nasty. Been trying to post for three hours. Called ISP , they said tech would call back. No word. Aaaaarrrggghhh!

I living rurally can be very cool but not when you are trying to access Internet or find quilt shops!

bubba
July 23rd, 2015, 02:12 AM
It has been pleasant here all day long!!! I had the scare of my life when I went up to Safeway to pick up a couple ingredients for dinner. I was looking at the pastas when someone grabbed me from behind, nearly causing me to poop on myself! It was my oldest grandgirl Ryan!! She lives about 25 miles away but is up visiting her mom this week and her and her sisters walked to the store to buy batteries for their game controllers. I asked how they knew I was there and they said they had seen my car in the lot w/my placard hanging in the window so started looking. They had checked out almost every aisle before they found me. It was a nice surprise!

Anyway, for dinner tonight, I made another new recipe. It was like taco hamburger helper, but made from scratch.

One cup chopped onion browned with one pound hamburger. Drain then add one pack taco seasoning, 7 oz chilis, 16 oz salsa and 1/2 pound rotini pasta. Cover and cook on low till pasta is done.

Well, there was not enough liquid in it, so I added about a cup. It was pretty good. I would eat it again before I eat hamburger helper. I hate that stuff but MM loves it! There was enough left over that I put it in a Ziploc bag in the freezer to take to the lake next week for an easy meal.

Tomorrow I have to make an apron, then I will cut out more NCW flaps and maybe some wallet bodies and pockets.

Hulamoon
July 23rd, 2015, 02:29 AM
It's so freaking humid here, I haven't moved for days.

I want an apron for working out side, Maybe a half one, I'm alway's wiping my hands on my shirt. Maybe just a tea towel or something?

stationarymom
July 23rd, 2015, 02:41 AM
Hello It finally cooled down here and the humidity went away (for the most part).I was nice and comfortable until I had to go to the store to get a b-day gift for my dd.My baby will be 25 tomorrow(today).I was trying to plan some kind of party but all of her friends have moved away ,so I guess it will be just us.

bubba
July 23rd, 2015, 02:41 AM
This will be a half apron, like a carpenters apron. It is for a gal who works in some sort of warehouse and needs it for her tools. I have already made one and she wore holes thru it and thought I should replace it for no cost, however she told me she has to replace them every six months or so, and that is how long she used the one I made. I told her no!!!

Hulamoon
July 23rd, 2015, 02:51 AM
Are you working from a pattern or just winging it? I don't need them to look pretty. I'm going to repot a bunch of plants I neglected during my broken wrist phase. Poor things need some love.

sewlucky
July 23rd, 2015, 03:06 AM
It was a cool day here. I went to the quilt shop today to get more backing for my baby quilt (that I haven't started yet, LOL) and I got the binding too while I was there. I think I'm in too overwhelmed to do much mode, and I think it is because I'm trying not to think about dropping our daughter off on in Calgary on Saturday morning on our way out on holidays. She will spend next week with her best friend and then she flies out to Nova Scotia on August 1st to work for a year. I'm excited for her, but sad too. Today she finished emptying out her storage pod and we dropped a bunch more of her stuff of at the thrift shops for donations. Then we shopped a little and went out to a movie together.

Maybe tomorrow I will sew... ;)

Terri

toggpine
July 23rd, 2015, 03:19 AM
Just soaring through on my way to bed.

Still no sewing here.
It was a day. I may have lost a goat 'customer', but honestly I don't care. I have to repair the bird netting around the blueberries after their visit today. Who brings an animal of any sort to any location without a way to restrain them? A collar & lead would have prevented the whole thing. Why do I even ask? They have never brought a lead rope/leash on any of their previous visits. Argh! Just the thought has my blood pressure up. Vented - thanks.

Finish the last of my tea and go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day.

Hugs to my quilty friends!
Cathy

Simply Quilting
July 23rd, 2015, 03:21 AM
The weather has cooled down some. We've had a couple of days where just walking outside takes away your breath between the heat and the humidity. I decided today that I wanted just to do some easy sewing. So I started a jelly roll quilt. Maybe tomorrow it will get finished. A little sewing here and a little sewing there and it will be done.

bubba
July 23rd, 2015, 03:46 AM
Are you working from a pattern or just winging it? I don't need them to look pretty. I'm going to repot a bunch of plants I neglected during my broken wrist phase. Poor things need some love.

It's from a pattern I made up myself. I've been known to do that now and again :D

kimsophia
July 23rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
Hi Owls,

Only got 2.5 hours of sleep yesterday (11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.) so I felt pretty brain dead and slept last night from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m., which is a good stretch. I have cousins coming through town so we will be meeting up having breakfast out in a restaurant this morning.

It has been pretty cool and dry for July this week but temps will be inching up into the upper 80s by the end of the week. My buddy and I helped out a disabled lady yesterday and got an a/c unit installed in her kitchen window over the sink...now that was a project! :P lol Anyway, now she has a/c in more than just her bedroom.

Snickeldorfer
July 23rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
Just soaring through on my way to bed.

Still no sewing here.
It was a day. I may have lost a goat 'customer', but honestly I don't care. I have to repair the bird netting around the blueberries after their visit today. Who brings an animal of any sort to any location without a way to restrain them? A collar & lead would have prevented the whole thing. Why do I even ask? They have never brought a lead rope/leash on any of their previous visits. Argh! Just the thought has my blood pressure up. Vented - thanks.

Finish the last of my tea and go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day.

Hugs to my quilty friends!
Cathy

think i'd have a wonderful roast cabrito after that episode
making my mouth water

toggpine
July 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
Trust me Ima, if it had been the goat's fault, I would have.
I had just castrated the poor thing and they wanted the horn scur removed. OK. If they had mentioned that they needed that done, I would have had the equipment set up and ready. I told them it would be a few minutes to set up the stuff, and they could probably ease up on the wrestling hold they had on him. They TURNED HIM LOOSE! Loose goat with the ouchies on his man-bits at a strange farm equals disaster. There are hoof tracks through my garden and two huge holes in the bird netting around our blueberries.
Thank the sweet Baby Jesus my husband wasn't home. He was irate enough when he heard about it over the phone.
By the time they left, it was MY fault that the goat got away. They didn't know I was going to remove the scur right then, and they didn't think they would have to hold him while I readied the equipment.
Again, this is NOT the first time these folks have had either of these procedures done here on my farm. They didn't bring lead ropes last fall when they brought their does to be bred to our stud bucks either.

In general terms, it's just always a smart thing to travel with a collar and lead/leash for any animal you are transporting, no matter what it is. You never know when you might get stuck in traffic and need to let Fido out to do his business. And while I don't normally recommend letting the livestock out of the vehicle, if there is an accident, you had better have a way to secure them until other transportation can be arranged. Heck, I think there is a spare lead in all of our vehicles, or at least rope that could be made into one.

Hmmm. I guess I'm still a bit pissy about this.

Well, I'll gab a cup of coffee, go out and pet the kitties and do morning chores with my livestock who are behind their fences where they belong.

bubba
July 23rd, 2015, 02:16 PM
Crikey! Most of my deputies that work the outlying districts even have leads / ropes in their trunks in case they need them to catch loose livestock.