PDA

View Full Version : Odd Price

GuitarGramma
July 22nd, 2015, 02:43 AM
For Mother's Day, my DH gave me Missouri Star gift certificate and I have been waiting and waiting for a particular charm pack to go on sale to use it. Every night I've checked to see what the Daily Deal is, then I'd search on the fabric line (Opera) to see if the charm pack had gone on sale.

Tonight, even though the charm pack still showed up as $8.95, I clicked on it. Was I surprised to see that it was actually only $6.95 once I got to "its" page"! I searched again and it says $8.95, then went back to the charm pack page which says $6.95.

This is not a complaint, as I'm thrilled to have purchased four of these charm packs at that sweet price. I'm just wondering if this is common (so we should always click to check the actual price), or if this is a bug that our intrepid Bill Nye would like to know about! :icon_beuj:

K. McEuen
July 22nd, 2015, 03:08 AM
The $6.95 price is because it is one of the Weekly Specials. That charm pack has been on sale for 3 days now.

GuitarGramma
July 22nd, 2015, 12:44 PM
Ah, I see. That makes more sense. Still, I've searched on "Opera" all of those nights, and on the search results page the price showed up as $8.95. I don't quite know why I decided to click last night, but it was sure good timing to do so during a weekly sale.

Is this the norm, that sales prices don't show up when you search by name?

GuitarGramma
July 22nd, 2015, 12:58 PM
Just answered my own question. I tried a search on the name of all the weekly specials, and none of them came up with the sale price.

Which means, I have a new fun place to visit on M*--the Weekly Special page. Woo Hoo!