PDA

View Full Version : Hooo's a Night Owl?

kimsophia
July 21st, 2015, 02:42 AM
Hootily hoo, neighbor! (said in Ned Flanders voice) How'in the heckfire are ya.? I'm doing pretty well. I've been awake for 3.5 hours and had breakfast and watched funny stuff on tv and the internet and am about to play some games. My ideal morning!

I know God exists because I managed to be nice and civil when asking DH about the unvarnished, holey squares on the French doors. He immediately offered to position them back up but actually the door needs work due to a cat scratching it up pretty badly so now we may have my carpenter cousin putty it and redo the whole thing. It also has some drip stains from where it leaked once. And bubba's idea of a new set of doors by a new installer intrigues me....lolol

So how's it going in your tree?

stationarymom
July 21st, 2015, 02:55 AM
Good evening.Kim where are you from that it is morning there?Things are fine in my tree it was hot today,to hot to sew in fact and isn't supposed to be any cooler tomorrow.It's now 1:49am and 77degrees here still,in my world that's too hot.
We had a dog once that scratched the woodwork inside my bow window up so bad it had to be replaced.The really annoying part is that she was trying to scratch her way out the window to get to a bird and eat it.The dog was a springer spaniel, she would watch out the window and this one summer we had a bird that would come right to the window and tap on the glass.I swore I was going to go crazy that summer between the kids and the dog and the bird i thought for sure I was losing it.

kimsophia
July 21st, 2015, 03:05 AM
lol Joan, funny story about the dog... :D

I just call breakfast the first thing I eat. It was toast and V-8 in Iowa around midnight. :D

Granny Judy
July 21st, 2015, 03:25 AM
Joan, I know what you are talking about ....had a Springer Spaniel years ago...and the things that dog drug home---- She was a great little hunter, but we bought her for my Son to show. She was bred for a show dog, but we got a hunter. Cats, birds, squirrels, rabbits, you name a small critter and she'd hunt it down. Even liked to hunt her "master" when he was hiding from me so he didn't have to do chores. LOL.

I wound up baby sitting DDs two dogs. The kids are sleeping in the guest room til their new bed gets delivered. Tomorrow some time in the afternoon. These two hounds can't seem to find either of the kids.. so they are sleeping with me tonight. No Hunter's in this house!! I'm finally getting tired after I had a little nap this afternoon so my eyes won't close til it's morning here. 1:30 a.m.
I have a talking book I can listen to til I fall asleep. At least I think I will fall asleep.. gonna give it a try. Hoots to all the night owls...

bubba
July 21st, 2015, 03:58 AM
When MM's mom was going thru her treatment in her cancer battle, she took out a reverse mortgage on her house. I designed the floor plans and MM drew them up and she hired a contractor to do the work. We were the ones who took her to Lowes and Home Depot because she trusted our opinions. It was pretty fun as the remodel consisted of redoing the entire kitchen, adding onto the back of the house, moving the only bathroom in the house and putting a laundry room where the bathroom had been and then adding a bathroom to the main bedroom.

Anyway, she really listened to my opinions a lot and the countertops are ones I would have chosen for my house (had I known I too would be getting a new kitchen, I would not have talked her into them!). She picked her cabinets, which are hickory. In the family room, she was going to get a slider, but I saw beautiful French doors that had the blinds built into the panes and she changed her mind to the French doors. Well, my daughter and her family bought the house when my mother in law died and Heather absolutely HATES those French doors. She gets cranky every time they are brought up. Maybe I can get you deal on French doors if she replaces them any time soon :D

I started on the second test pattern today. Did I mention two different designers contacted me last week and asked me to be a tester for them? I finished the first the other day....it's basically a bag to carry your Kindle or small tablet in (my iPad does not fit), and I'll be giving it to my oldest grandgirl for Christmas. The next one can be a purse/tote/messenger bag and I really like the design of it. There is only one zippered pocket inside, so I think I will add some slip pockets as well. You can never have too many pockets! I'm thinking that it should only take me about an hour to sew together once I get started tomorrow. Tonight I cut the pattern out. It was on nine pages and each piece was on more than one page. I've never seen anything like it before! It made me crazy till I was able to figure it out, which I did by reading the directions (guess I should have done that to begin with!). I am making it out of Seahawks fabric so I'm anxious to see the response it gets.

I also bought some great fabric for NCW's today!!! I plan on cutting several sets out and when we are at the lake next week, I want to be able to sit on the deck and sew. We plan on doing several day trips, so it may not be worth the effort to even pack my machine and take it up there....we will see.

kimsophia
July 21st, 2015, 04:23 AM
Okay, bubba, when she wants to get rid of those doors just put them in a truck driven by a cute installer and it's a deal! :D

bubba
July 21st, 2015, 04:30 AM
Okay, bubba, when she wants to get rid of those doors just put them in a truck driven by a cute installer and it's a deal! :D

Uh......just where do you live????

kimsophia
July 21st, 2015, 04:49 AM
Iowa City, Iowa...it's right on I-80, I can give you directions...send photo of guy first, please

Hulamoon
July 21st, 2015, 04:54 AM
I have a cat that scratches door jams. I have to close the bathroom door because he won't leave me alone. I throw tp rolls at the door hoping he will stop. My stepson came one time and asked if I had a cougar. lol

Just watched the bachlorette reunion. What did you think Pat? Well that's if your are still watching.

Lightwriter
July 21st, 2015, 05:35 AM
Hoos still up? Actually slept until 4:00. After an extremely busy day of cleaning and mowing finally got upstairs to play with Ella B for awhile. Considering I don't have a clue what I am doing this embroidery stuff is interesting. Stitched out my first piece with color changes. I am seeing that I really need help on placement and how to properly use stabilizers. Oh, to be able to access Youtubes or Craftsy.....we live very rurally and have no access to cable or DSL. Years ago someone put up small tower that a service runs off of. It did fine for several years, but due to a number of factors the service has dramatically deteriorated. We probably need to research satellite. This week has been really bad. We call, it gets better for a couple of days, then we are back in the toilet with signal. I have tried to find info without video, but it s not abundant. Anyone know of. A good book or DVD on machine embroidery?

The place where I bought the machine is offering classes, but it is not until fall. These classes were included in the price of the machine...just wish they were now and the place not an hour or so away. Checked around when I was collecting Row by Row that day and nothing any sooner to be found yet. Welcome to the black hole of LQS.

Years ago I had to figure out everything about a computer by myself with maybe a book to help me. It was tough and I was much younger then. One of the reasons I was hesitant about getting an embroidery machine was the whole support issue. Aaaaarrrgghh!

Maybe the heat is just draining out all my mojo...97 today plus heat index. The heat is supposed to be around awhile.

Have a good Tuesday all!

kimsophia
July 21st, 2015, 07:34 AM
Hey, I'm still up! I drank enough coffee to give me the ambition to get out my quilt back pattern matching project. The only trouble was that it'd been so long since I last did it, I forgot my procedure :0 But I did sew one patch right after two tries. I have a long piece pinned and marked now...just need to sew it. Think I'll wait until DH leaves for work as I work calmer if I'm alone.

Snickeldorfer
July 21st, 2015, 10:35 AM
Iowa City, Iowa...it's right on I-80, I can give you directions...send photo of guy first, please

how you expect her to get a photo of the guy
she can't seem to get one of the hunk in bright orange trunks
her not good with camera
spending way too much time monkeying around

bubba
July 21st, 2015, 03:15 PM
how you expect her to get a photo of the guy
she can't seem to get one of the hunk in bright orange trunks
her not good with camera
spending way too much time monkeying around

I beg to differ!!!!

bubba
July 21st, 2015, 03:18 PM
Just watched the bachlorette reunion. What did you think Pat? Well that's if your are still watching.

I had no problem with the things people said about her, because that is about how I feel. And for Chris Harrison and all those men to sit there and defend her, I was dumbfounded! She is a skank!

Hulamoon
July 21st, 2015, 05:18 PM
I had no problem with the things people said about her, because that is about how I feel. And for Chris Harrison and all those men to sit there and defend her, I was dumbfounded! She is a skank!

Well like Chris said, this was the most controversial season to date. I don't think it was just bringing in'the other guy'. Sleeping with so many guys back to back was just gross,

Oh and defending her...I think it;s to look like a nice guy to get on the next show. Get a life.

sewlucky
July 21st, 2015, 05:20 PM
Pat, would the iPad Mini fit in the Kindle case??

Terri

When MM's mom was going thru her treatment in her cancer battle, she took out a reverse mortgage on her house. I designed the floor plans and MM drew them up and she hired a contractor to do the work. We were the ones who took her to Lowes and Home Depot because she trusted our opinions. It was pretty fun as the remodel consisted of redoing the entire kitchen, adding onto the back of the house, moving the only bathroom in the house and putting a laundry room where the bathroom had been and then adding a bathroom to the main bedroom.

Anyway, she really listened to my opinions a lot and the countertops are ones I would have chosen for my house (had I known I too would be getting a new kitchen, I would not have talked her into them!). She picked her cabinets, which are hickory. In the family room, she was going to get a slider, but I saw beautiful French doors that had the blinds built into the panes and she changed her mind to the French doors. Well, my daughter and her family bought the house when my mother in law died and Heather absolutely HATES those French doors. She gets cranky every time they are brought up. Maybe I can get you deal on French doors if she replaces them any time soon :D

I started on the second test pattern today. Did I mention two different designers contacted me last week and asked me to be a tester for them? I finished the first the other day....it's basically a bag to carry your Kindle or small tablet in (my iPad does not fit), and I'll be giving it to my oldest grandgirl for Christmas. The next one can be a purse/tote/messenger bag and I really like the design of it. There is only one zippered pocket inside, so I think I will add some slip pockets as well. You can never have too many pockets! I'm thinking that it should only take me about an hour to sew together once I get started tomorrow. Tonight I cut the pattern out. It was on nine pages and each piece was on more than one page. I've never seen anything like it before! It made me crazy till I was able to figure it out, which I did by reading the directions (guess I should have done that to begin with!). I am making it out of Seahawks fabric so I'm anxious to see the response it gets.

I also bought some great fabric for NCW's today!!! I plan on cutting several sets out and when we are at the lake next week, I want to be able to sit on the deck and sew. We plan on doing several day trips, so it may not be worth the effort to even pack my machine and take it up there....we will see.

bubba
July 21st, 2015, 05:40 PM
Pat, would the iPad Mini fit in the Kindle case??

Terri

In the bag I just made? Probably. I have the iPad air and it does fit, but I can't zip the bag closed.

mommamarsh
July 22nd, 2015, 03:58 AM
Lightwriter , machine embroidery with confidence by Nancy Zieman is ,IMO, a very helpful book.

easyquilts
July 22nd, 2015, 04:14 AM
Yikes! I just realized it's almost 3am! Guess that makes me a Night Owl... I lost track of time... Easy to do in the summertime,

Lately, I've been finding myself seeing at night.... I have all day, but for dime weird reason, I've been turning on .netflix, or ?Hulu Plus, and settling in to see at night.... My teo fur.babies have been in bed for hours.... They are Chihuahuas...one bug, and one small... They have steps to get up on the bed, but the little one pretends he can't do it... He has a special "Mom, I need you " yap that he uses, do I'll come and put him in the bed.... Or whenever he needs anything....

Gee... Better join the little guys, and try to get some sleep....

Night!