PDA

View Full Version : Night owl is early...

Lightwriter
July 19th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Can't even get to sleep. Hoping this will post. Internet has been mostly down today. Our Internet is not the best since we have no cable or DSL available. We get service off a local tower and the service is getting awful. I get so grumpy when it is down or marginal.

Rested today...needed it badly. Gotta chunk it into gear tomorrow.,,supposed to be over 100 heat index.

Hope all is doing well. I foresee a long night ahead.

kimsophia
July 19th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Hi Connie...it's "morning" for me, as I woke up around two hours ago...hope your internet keeps working! DH is freezing me so off to turn the thermostat up...lol

stationarymom
July 20th, 2015, 01:12 AM
Hi Connie and Kim I hope it cools down for you Connie and warms up for you Kim.It's supposed to be hot and humid here tomorrow just like today,we have a good chance of severe thunder storms coming through too.It was a very quiet weekend here not much going on.We ran errands and things like that,I can't drive so most of that gets done on the weekend.I hope everyone has a good night.

kimsophia
July 20th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Okay, I am going to heat up another half a cup of coffee and get to work! I am portioning out the 8 pounds of pulled pork into muffin tins and freezing them for future use. But I need to bag up the first round of them into bags then portion out and freeze the other half. I think I'll be eating a pulled pork sandwich every day for a couple of months....lol FINE BY ME!!! :D

bubba
July 20th, 2015, 02:39 AM
We had all the kids over for dinner......three slabs of baby backs, 16 smashed potatoes, corn on the cob, watermelon and ice cream sandwiches!!

Food got all passed around. Short one ear of corn....I did not get one! MM broke his in two and gave me half. He apologized and said he meant to break on in two for Mel and Alex to share but forgot. Upon hearing this, Alex chimes in with, oh, I will eat all mine (yeah, right!). Well, about five minutes later she asks her mom if she could be done. She ate half of one baby back rib, one bite of a smashed potato (they tasted funny), and one bite from her ear of corn and her mom told her she could quit eating!!! So I said, that is too bad you are full because we have a good dessert auntie brought for us. That is when Alex informed us she was being taken to Dairy Queen for dessert and she needed to make sure she had room for that! Really??? I wanted to grab her and tell her to sit her little butt down and eat her dinner, especially the ear of corn she insisted on having!!! Oh, and then she asked if she could have a can of pop and her mom said yes!!!!! Uh, NO!!!!

Okay, I'm done with that now......this heat is what is making me crazy! The house was nice and cool but once the sun moved over to the west side of the house, we ate out on the back deck because it was cooler there than in the house. It's cooled off a lot more now and feels fantastic! I think the last report I saw was it got up to 98 degrees. We really need rain bad. We have been watering out tomatoes 2x a day and they are growing like weeds! Some days I swear they grow six inches! Oh, and they are loaded with tomatoes and fresh blooms too! We picked our first one yesterday.....it was just a cherry tomato, so we cut it in half and shared it!

Supposed to be in the 70s the next couple days now....still no rain in sight.

kimsophia
July 20th, 2015, 04:49 AM
Some of you may recall that I ordered window blinds eight inches too short for three French door panes. Apparently, despite me saying no to the idea, DH decided that the situation would be improved by drilling new holes and moving the blinds an inch lower. So that every blind has three unvarnished squares with an empty screw hole above it, where it was previously placed. Because, well...I have no idea. It wasn't ridiculous looking enough already? I'm praying that the Lord controls my tongue when I inquire about this development...because a tirade beginning with "WTF????" is what I'm feeling at the moment.

bubba
July 20th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Just order new French doors that have the blinds between the panes. Oh.....and pay someone to install them! You know, a sweet young thing :D

Granny Judy
July 20th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Just order new French doors that have the blinds between the panes. Oh.....and pay someone to install them! You know, a sweet young thing :D

Oh, can I come watch the instillation?? I'm quite handy with side comments and watching stuff get done...