PDA

View Full Version : heavy heart

dwil23
July 19th, 2015, 06:01 AM
For the last couple of weeks, I have had a "grey cloud" hanging over me. Not really sure why, just a feeling of something bad about to happen.

Yesterday morning, it became clear when I read a post on my BFF from High School's FB page. Her daughter wrote "Please pray for our Mom, she is in the hospital and may not have long on this earth". I just talked to her a few weeks ago and we talked about me visiting her this fall, she lives in Oregon, now. I have found out that she is in acute liver failure and her time is short. I knew she didn't sound "like Kim" when I talked to her, but never had any idea that something so serious was going on. Apparently she didn't know how bad she was until mid June. I had not seen or talked to her since she moved to Oregon about 15 years ago. We kept in contact sporadically through emails and then facebook. In high school we were inseparable.

I am going to try to make contact with her husband today, (I don't know him - they have only been married a short time) and see if he thinks I should try to come to see her soon - real soon. Of course, it may already be too late. I don't know if she is aware of anything or comatose at this point, or even how many days she may have left.

Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Her husband and the father of her two girls passed away about five years ago and her oldest daughter's husband died last December at the age of 29. Her youngest has a precious little boy, who just celebrated his second birthday. My heart is breaking for them all.

I grieve for the years we lost touch, our lives took us in different directions. If you had a special friend you haven't talked to in a while, give them a call, write a letter, whatever. Before it's too late.

kimsophia
July 19th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Oh, how sad...I am definitely praying for all involved.

easyquilts
July 19th, 2015, 07:45 AM
This is so sad... I'm so sorry, and will keep everyone...including you...in my prayers.

Monique
July 19th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Life is so short. Hopefully it is not too late to contact your friend. Prayers being said.

Snickeldorfer
July 19th, 2015, 08:35 AM
saying prayers for your friend and all concerned

bopeep
July 19th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Oh My ....it sounds like she and her family have been thru so much ..... I will be Praying for this family and you as well ...
Prayers
bopeep

YellowCockatiel
July 19th, 2015, 09:24 AM
So sorry to hear about this. Will keep you and your friend's family in my prayers.

songbird857
July 19th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Oh Donna, praying for you and your friend's family...

klgls
July 19th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I hope you get to see your friend. Praying for her and her family and you.

BobW
July 19th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Sending positive thoughts to you and your friend.

You are so right, don't put off spending time or reaching out to those we care about, you never know when the last grain of sand runs out of the hour glass.

Midge
July 19th, 2015, 11:34 AM
So sorry to hear that your BFF is much sicker than you knew. If she can participate in a phone call from her hospital bed, today is the day that must happen. With acute liver failure you must not delay.

jjkaiser
July 19th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Go visit if you can afford to, it will be a gift for both of you. And I am also so sorry your friend is critically ill. You and her family will be in my thoughts.

quiltingtrish
July 19th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep you and her in my prayers.

Amy R
July 19th, 2015, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry Donna :(
Sending prayers for you, her and the family.

Neller
July 19th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I am so sorry for all involved. I hope you can make it out to Oregon to see your friend for your own peace of mind if nothing else. Prayers for you all and big hugs!

sewbizzy
July 19th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Donna, I'm definitely sending prayers for her, her family, and you...

dwil23
July 19th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks for all your prayers.

At this point it doesn't look like I will make it. They are planning to take her home today, she doesn't want to die in the hospital, and they only expect her to survive a day or two. The earliest I would be able to leave would be next Monday. Once they get her settled, I may try to do a "skype" or facetime visit, if she can.

When I was planning on going out to see her later this year, I was going to take her to Sisters, about 2 hrs from her, and have her help me pick out fabric for a quilt. I planned to buy twice as much and make us matching quilts. It was uncanny how we always would pick out the same clothes, shoes, etc. and often show up at school looking like twins. We would stand on opposite sides of a round clothing rack and both hold up the same shirt and say "look at this one" at the same time. I wonder if our tastes stayed the same or have changed, like we have, over the years?

stationarymom
July 20th, 2015, 01:53 AM
Donna I am so sorry to hear about your friend,I will keep her and her family as well as you In my prayers.

mommamarsh
July 20th, 2015, 04:36 AM
I am so sorry . I know just how you feel . I miss my BFF so often . Sending thoughts of peace and comfort for you all.

Iris Girl
July 20th, 2015, 05:24 AM
So sorry to hear about your friend.

Blondie
July 20th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Donna, i hated reading this because I know you well enough to know you do nothing halfway - so when you love someone, you are like me and they become life keepers for you. Visit if you can, pray anyway and I will pray with you also.
let me know if there is anything I can do.
hugs

SallyO'Sews
July 20th, 2015, 02:57 PM
So sorry, Donna. Praying for everyone involved, including you.

pcbatiks
July 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Donna......so sorry to hear about your best friend. You have been in thoughts and prayers. Sending you hugs and prayers and also for your friend and her family.

My best friend passed away almost 5 years ago. The things that brought me comfort were knowing that she wasn't suffering anymore, remembering her with mutual friends and writing down memories of our times together. I gave copies of those memories to her parents & her DH. Someone in their family read those memories the following year at a gravesite visit for the family. That really meant a lot to me.

You will be close in thoughts and prayers.

dwil23
July 20th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Donna......so sorry to hear about your best friend. You have been in thoughts and prayers. Sending you hugs and prayers and also for your friend and her family.

My best friend passed away almost 5 years ago. The things that brought me comfort were knowing that she wasn't suffering anymore, remembering her with mutual friends and writing down memories of our times together. I gave copies of those memories to her parents & her DH. Someone in their family read those memories the following year at a gravesite visit for the family. That really meant a lot to me.

You will be close in thoughts and prayers.

I have been thinking of doing just that. So many things have come to mind over the past few days that I had not thought about in years. It has been impressed on me just how much she influenced and actually changed my life's course. I met my (now Ex) Dh because of her. The chances of us meeting otherwise were slim to none. Because of that I have four wonderful children and two grandchildren. Who knows? I may have never married and had kids if it wasn't for her. She twisted the arm of her boss and got me my first "real" job, allowing me to save money to go tho college. My life certainly would be different if I had never met her.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. I heard from her husband earlier and they are trying to get her home today as she wants to die at home instead of in the hospital. I sent her a big bouquet of roses to be at her house. Why send them to the funeral where she will not see them?

redcaboose1717
July 20th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear about this.....Will put your friend and her family on my prayer list...
Several years ago, after the death of my 1st DH (Dad to our four kids ) passed away, I started to contact friends I hadn't heard from for several years ( life got in the way, many moved etc. ) For several years I had no contact with my BFF in high school, and presently we are the best of friends once more......

Take care.....

alliek
July 20th, 2015, 10:54 PM
That is heartbreaking, I will be praying for this family. God please watch over them.

Simply Quilting
July 20th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Donna, so sorry. I will be praying for this lady and her family.