PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Night Owl

kimsophia
July 19th, 2015, 02:24 AM
I can't decide if I should call this Saturday or Sunday, so I split the difference.

Ugh, had a really tough experience as I accidently hit a wild animal on the road who I had swerved to miss, but it reversed direction and ran in front of my swerve. Terrible and I feel so guilty...it was truly an accident but I feel guilty anyway.

Hope everyone is having a much better night. :(

stationarymom
July 19th, 2015, 02:34 AM
I'm going to call this Sunday morn.Kim I'm so sorry about your night,that happened to us once and I'll never forget what it felt like.Something like that can really make you feel terrible,the animal ran under our car between the front and rear wheels and didn't make it out on time.I hope you had a better day.

toggpine
July 19th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Bummer! I hit a deer a few years ago, but it got up and ran off. AFTER it smashed my left front quarter panel, grill, and cracked the radiator.

It was too hot here today. The wind shifted and is coming from the East. We have a few more days of this before it cools off to the 70's. I did get the barn cleaned and Hubby got out on the tractor and moved the composting manure piles to the other side of the fence. They are done when they don't smell any more. We spread it out over the upper field to fill in the low spots and add nutrients to the soil. We'll spread out the seeds from the hay in the bottom of the feeders over the field. Hopefully we'll get a nice crop of orchard grass out there this fall.

I'm headed off for bed since tomorrow is an early day. Take care.
Hugs, C

Hulamoon
July 19th, 2015, 03:07 AM
(((Kim))) I hit a cat one time that darted out from no where like three in the morning on my way to work at a bakery. I saw it dash off but there was nothing I could do. I felt awful.

I'm watching a Japanese cooking show on how to make Soba noodles. I don't think so. lol

Juliet Taylor
July 19th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Hello friends! Seems like a life ago I was able to check the forum every day and be active and nowadays not anymore.
I don't know how the weather is over there but here in my city in Italy is so incredibly hot people do not even go to the beach to swim in the sea.
Usually during summer I'm able to go to work (it's a 20-25 minutes walk) walking in the early morning, this year I can't, I have to take the bus always because even at 7.30 AM it's too hot!
I have no idea how to survive the heat (even though I have a/c) plus how in the world will I ever finish handquilting my sis quilt? I gotta remember myself NEVER ever again to quilt during summer!

Sorry for venting but I missed this forum so much :(

sewlucky
July 19th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Yikes Kim, I know how guilty you feel, but sure happy you are safe and hopefully vehicle is none too worse for the wear either!

I had a good day visiting with a friend. Hubby installed new line on our clothesline. I dried our trailer bedding on the line today. So nice! Tomorrow a load of towels! Small things are exciting!

We've been discussing a modification for our trailer for hours. Just like quilting, trailer renovations are just as much fun to plan as to implement! Lol

Our daughter got a good start on selling off her stuff today with a yard sale. It feels sad and exciting all at once. I donated away my old dishes and put her pretty ones in my cupboard. Now I will think of her with a smile everyday...not that I wouldn't anyway, but this will be visual. She's moving literally to the other side of the country for a year. Long time. Will sure miss her.

Terri

kimsophia
July 19th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Hello friends! Seems like a life ago I was able to check the forum every day and be active and nowadays not anymore.
I don't know how the weather is over there but here in my city in Italy is so incredibly hot people do not even go to the beach to swim in the sea.
Usually during summer I'm able to go to work (it's a 20-25 minutes walk) walking in the early morning, this year I can't, I have to take the bus always because even at 7.30 AM it's too hot!
I have no idea how to survive the heat (even though I have a/c) plus how in the world will I ever finish handquilting my sis quilt? I gotta remember myself NEVER ever again to quilt during summer!

Sorry for venting but I missed this forum so much :(

Hey Juliet,

So sorry about the heat wave but no need to quilt to post here! Heck, I haven't taken a stitch in weeks...as you say, even with a/c I find it too hot to work with fabric under bright lights. Our a/c was broken and we spent the worst day night in a hotel rather than sweat in misery.

May I recommend a nice cold alcoholic beverage? Sipped next to an electric fan aimed right at you? :)

Vent away, this is the place to find a sympathetic ear... :)

Kim

Juliet Taylor
July 19th, 2015, 05:10 AM
Kim you're always very sweet :)

Yesterday I drank a beer but it wasn't the best idea :( I guess I really can't drink beer during summer along coffee and other stuff. I don't know why but my body simply rejects it. I guess I shouldn't worry too much.. .after all if I could I'd be in Alaska right now!!

The a/c has some problems so tomorrow someone will come check it up. Also because I cannot think to sleep one night without... I could go in an hotel but I've never been in one in my city (of course!) so I'm not sure of what to expect!

You see my house is under the sun from 7 AM until 7 PM during summer. Which is nice during all the other seasons because it's sunny and bright and a little warm in winter but... HELP :D

Btw I'll use your tip, now I grab the electric fan, I go to my sewing area and I use it to keep me cool while drinking juice :)

p.s. it was so hot I couldn't even think to come here and read and think about what I wanted to write. It's way too hot to think.

Lightwriter
July 19th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Heat is steaming up again here. May be over 100 here this week with humidity. Not looking forward to extreme heat. Being very thankful for AC.

Got to do newsletter for guild today. Maybe I will find some sewing time sometime this week, just don't know when.

Letting children fly off on their own is stressful...I often say I raised mine to be independent (a good thing), but forgot to give them a GPS to find home again. My daughter lived in Alaska for over three years, my son taught English in S. Korea for six months. DS now in DC, DD in NYC. If I am lucky I see them 2 or 3 times a year. You deal with it and go on. They can't get off work much and it is too expensive for them to make the trip to the farm, it is a lot on us to travel there. So I sew and keep generally busy to keep my mind off what I can't control. We tried to have a family vacation at the beach this year and it pretty much got nuked by the unexpected passing away of DH's sister. Our family has pretty much shrunk to the 5 of us (DD is married, DS is not), so family time is truly rare. Good luck with your adjustment.

Stay as cool as you can and hoot on.

bubba
July 19th, 2015, 05:33 AM
I think I am recovered!!! :knocking on wood: I even ate dinner a survived!!

Sorry you hit a critter. I've never hit a four legged one, but I did once hit an 83 year old woman. I had the green light (it had changed when I was 1/2 block away), and I was not going full speed and she stepped right in front of my truck as I drove to work. It was dark and pouring down rain and I did not even see her till I pulled to the side of the road and went back to see what I'd hit. This was way before cellphones and everyone was just standing around. I ran to the Dairy Queen on the corner and was so flustered I only knew I was at the Dairy Queen on Portland Avenue and could not remember the cross street for the life of me. Luckily the fire dispatcher knew right were I was and help was on the way. Next to my dad dying, it was the absolute worse time of my life. Fortunately, she survived and she and her family only wanted the medical bills paid, which the insurance company did, and they did not sue us. It truly was an accident, but in this day and age, I'm sure we would have been taken for everything we own.

I got one of my test bags done tonight. It really is cute. I is more of a Kindle carrier than anything, but it does have four good sized pockets in it. I'll probably give it to one of my grandgirls for Christmas as I have no use for it. If I were making another, it would be a couple inches longer so I could get my iPad into it.

Tomorrow, I attack the next one!

bajasadie
July 19th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Hi night owls, I'm normally an early riser but it's been summer hot in Sacramento, so this week I'm swinging to the other side. We're going to Disneyland with the grand kids this week so I thought I'd pack while it's cool. It's their first time and they're very excited.

Juliet: hi, I won't complain about our heat as yours sounds really much hotter. I don't do well in the heat so I stay inside and drink water! When I go out I secretly love to drive-thru Starbucks and get a Very Berry refresher- it's green coffee beans infused w/ blackberries and white grape juice. Try one ��. As for sewing....I have a fan that blows towards me and I watch our San Francisco Giants- they're on a winning streak!

Take care & enjoy! Sadie

SewnByBee
July 19th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Can't sleep, one of those kinda nights.
Kim, I hate you had an accident, I think
Your lucky it wasn't worse, glad your ok.
It's a fast weekend for me.So much going on
, have a good Sunday..........Bee

Andrea F
July 19th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Good morning! I have to be quick, it's hubby's birthday and the boys are making breakfast/brunch. It's almost noon. We were out for dinner with friends yesterday and then at our place. They stayed til 1 am to congratulate Thomas and I was up quite a bit longer since I couldn't sleep right after they went home.

Kim, sorry you hit the animal. I think I once hit a cat when I was really young but I couldn't see anything afterwards. But I remember feeling really bad for quite a while.
Pat, I'm glad you're feeling better and happy that old lady survived. I had an accident only once. I came from my granny's property and drove on the street to the left side and hit another car. Don't know where it came from. There was a kid sitting in that car and all I remember is how glad I was, that nothing happened to the kid. I only made a dent into the steel sheet of the car.
Juliet, I heard about the Italian heat wave on the news. I feel for you! Hope it cools down soon!

Have a wonderful Sunday!