PDA

View Full Version : Breathing deeply

KPH
July 18th, 2015, 11:30 AM
My BIL arrived Wed. It's been nice to have someone to talk to, all the remember whens and all. Somehow, I think it's helped him work through his wife's passing watching over mom and being able to talk about it.

So things were going really well. (Notice I said were.) Since mom's more or less in the bed sleeping most of the day, the guys decided to go to the flea market this morning. I stayed home, because the ground is rough and there are a lot of rude people that just cut in front of you all the time and it frustrates me to go. Somebody had to be here to do the laundry.

DH just called. BIL fell... he fell hard... we're in the ER in Mt Holly. Call me if you need me with your mom... but I think he's broken his shoulder.

Sigh

Midge
July 18th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Oh, my dear. So sorry to hear this has gone from stressful to much worse. Your poor BIL. You mention the ground is rough at the market, and I can imagine how the fall occurred. Hugs to you all, and hoping there are no fractures.

sewlucky
July 18th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Oh dear! I hope it's not broken and ER doesn't take up the whole day. :(

Terri

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM
As hubby sometimes says, there is nothing so bad it couldn't be worse.

Snickeldorfer
July 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
sending strength, healing thoughts and lots of support

KPH
July 18th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Thank goodness, just a bad sprain. They gave him the name of an orthopedic dr. if it doesn't feel better in 4-5 days.

easyquilts
July 18th, 2015, 08:39 PM
Oh no.... I hope his shoulder isn't broken..... Let us know....

YellowCockatiel
July 19th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Wishing you strength and patience.

Neller
July 19th, 2015, 01:53 AM
So glad it wasn't broken! I hope it heals quickly.

mommamarsh
July 19th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Thinking good thoughts for you all.

stationarymom
July 19th, 2015, 02:37 AM
So glad it wasn't a break.You'll still need extra strength some men don't do very well anytime anything is wrong.I'm sending prayers for extra strength for you and quick healing for him.

Lightwriter
July 19th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Get to the ortho and get referral for physical therapy. I hurt my shoulder last year and ER put it in a sling. Went to ortho the same week and they said if I had left it in sling that it would have frozen up and been worse. It takes awhile to recover from shoulder problems. The physical therapy helped more than anything else. I wish your BIL healing wishes.

alliek
July 20th, 2015, 11:07 PM
So sorry to hear this. Many healing thoughts and prayers for your BIL.

Simply Quilting
July 20th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Praying for your b-i-l. And for you as you are dealing with everything going on.