PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Ginny B
July 18th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Good morning everyone. Very overcast here this morning. Dh and I had a nice relaxing time last evening after work. Got out at 4:00, headed to JoAnn's to pick up some pillow forms and used my coupon and saved a bunch. Then we headed to TGIFridays for dinner. Had a nice leisurely dinner which included some yummy peach sangria. Headed home and settled down to watch the Yankee game. Feeling so mellow. Then I get a text from stepdaughter asking what time would be good for us to watch Henry tomorrow and did we want them to bring him here or would we pick him up at their new house? TOMORROW!! I turn to dh and say I thought you said next Saturday?! (he is the one who had the conversation with dd about babysitting). The house was definitely not Henry-proof. So the evening turned into a not-so-relaxjng whirlwind of putting things away and changing plans.

So, wish us luck. We will be picking Henry up this morning after we get the car inspected. No sewing today.

Note you self: next time confirm babysitting date myself.

Have a great day all

Cathy F
July 18th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Morning all,
Finally able to get back to the forum and spend some time here. Last week was a whirlwind week of activities for my 50th class reunion. All went well and everyone seemed to have positive comments.

Overcast this morning and I hear thunder in the distance. Hope the weather holds as my daughter is taking my husband and grandson on her company fishing charter this afternoon. I'm looking forward to a few free hours to get in the sewing room.

I ordered some fabric from M* for an orange peel quilt and in my hurry forgot to order the template to go with it. I hate when I do stupid things like that. So that quilt is on hold till the next daily deal catches my eye and I can throw it in with that order .

Off to get another cup of coffee, hope everyone has a good weekend!

Snickeldorfer
July 18th, 2015, 10:40 AM
i wuz ready to tell miss ginny that i was sorry she was here alone
when the sky went boom and black and i shook
and it rained heavy and made lots of noise
and i had to turn off this gizmo until the
weather decided to play nice
have fun with henry
and enjoy a fishing trip

irishrn
July 18th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Morning all!! Today is suppose to be bright, sunny and very hot with possible late T storms! I've already been out to the store food shopping and all is put away. Came home and started reading up carpet in the living room because it is a quiet job while DH is sleeping. Will get the tackless up later. Still not done with painting doors and trim. Yesterday DH got his mover stuck in a hole and we spend too much time trying to get it out. He ended up calling the neighbor for help and he was out in under 30 sec. So my afternoon didn't go as planned. He wanted me to move his car in the driveway but it was dead and had a flat tire, so needless to say he was not a happy camper. ( DH didn't renew his license in March so his car has sat idle, but apparently it's my fault for not starting it up!!)
I ended up texting my BFF if she'd be my character witness at his murder trial.... She just laughed and laughed! Apparently her DH may be next!!! Must be the heat!!

So I hope all have a good day! Miss sewing for sure!!

CarolynK
July 18th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Good morning all!

I finally have a whole weekend at home and so looking forward to it. Maybe some sewing time.

Last weekend I went to Wichita for my hair appointment and errands - 60 miles away so it takes most of the day. As I pulled in our driveway - we live in the country - there were two little puppies laying by our mailbox. So I scooped them up and took them down to the house. Hubs said that a neighbor saw someone dump them off. It was almost a hundred degrees! They drank and drank and then I fed them and they ate like that was their last meal. I was so irritated....WHO DOES THIS??? You don't want to know what I think about the parasite that dumped them off or what I'd do to them if I caught them.

They were about 12 weeks old and the cutest little darlings - mixed with some pit bull but so darn cute. So I scrambled around to find a kennel on Sunday and get them settled. Then on Monday, my husband took them to the local humane society and it just broke my heart. I knew we couldn't keep them - I have three large fur kids. They said that those two little ones would be easily adopted so I felt better.

So this weekend will be hopefully less eventful and I can get something accomplished.

Miss all my forum friends during the week. Sending smiles and hugs!

Carolyn

SuzyQue
July 18th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Rumbles and dark clouds----pitter pat of more raindrops! URGH! ONE more day and wheat harvest would have been done. Well, I guess that gets me out of mowing.....again. It will be a jungle when I can finally get to that! I guess I will have to sew and quilt today.....what a shame!

irishrn
July 18th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Then I get a text from stepdaughter asking what time would be good for us to watch Henry tomorrow and did we want them to bring him here or would we pick him up at their new house? TOMORROW!! I turn to dh and say I thought you said next Saturday?! (he is the one who had the conversation with dd about babysitting). The house was definitely not Henry-proof. So the evening turned into a not-so-relaxjng whirlwind of putting things away and changing plans.

So, wish us luck. We will be picking Henry up this morning after we get the car inspected. No sewing today.

Note you self: next time confirm babysitting date myself.

Have a great day all

Ginny..remind me to tell you about the day DH told me his DGD and her DH and 2 kids were coming for the 4 th July weekend a few years ago...... Instead they stayed 8 days!! It was their vacation.... But I was never informed!
That hasn't happened again...... We have put out the 3 day rule to all the family.....

Monique
July 18th, 2015, 12:14 PM
I worked my last day yesterday. Took Gilles out for lunch. His wife doesn't have much longer to live. So terribly sad. I had a little accident at work. I was vacuuming and fell over the stupid machine, onto my butt, scraping my arm in the process. I am fine but it left me a little stunned for a minute.

This morning I went to our local flea market, bought some unbleached muslim. Lawn mower has also gone to be fixed.

It has been sunny then cloudy all morning. Will it rain? Who knows. I have to sell 50/50 tickets this afternoon at the Jamboree for the Lionettes. I really feel like doing this (insert sarcasm here). Tomorrow is a BBQ for my brother's birthday and then early Monday morning is my ROAD TRIP row by rowing with Bonnie. Can't wait for a much deserved holiday.

Enjoy your day friends.

Neller
July 18th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Good afternoon all! It's hot in Eastern Washington. I haven't been doing much since we returned home. I thought I would be sewing nonstop but I just can't get motivated. My brother died unexpectedly last month and it took the wind out of my sails. He was just 52 and about to graduate from UW with a Master's in environmental horticulture. He worked for years in retail and was finally about to get work in his chosen field and he died. It is hard to accept.

I have a Square within a Square quilt to make and had started on a jelly roll race (it's more of a slow walk than a race) and tons of other quilts to finish, if I can just get motivated. Maybe tomorrow...

Snickeldorfer
July 18th, 2015, 06:45 PM
sending understanding hugs to neller

Ginny B
July 18th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Well, we made it through 8 hours of babysitting. It was pretty fun and Henry seemed to have a good time too. His mom texted me and said he just keeps talking about Grampa and Ginny's house. Soooooo, they made so much progress on painting today without the little man around that they wondered if we would be around tomorrow to watch him for a bit so they could finish up. DH said he needed some relaxing time so we are going to head to the beach for a few hours early in the morning and then pick Henry up on the way home. I think we had better get to bed real soon. :icon_sleep: But, as I said to dh, we will pick him up, play for a bit outside, bring him in and give him his lunch and then outside a bit more to tire him out and then he'll be ready for his nap. Somewhere in that timeframe, I will need to cook dinner and dh needs to get some grocery shopping done. I think that he is going to go grocery shopping so he can rest a bit. LOL And since they are supposed to actually move next Saturday (if the bathroom is put back together that is), we will probably have him all day that day too. But he is a good boy and a lot of fun --- but very active.

So, goodnight everyone.

quiltingtrish
July 18th, 2015, 10:32 PM
So sorry to hear of your brother Neller.

Neller
July 19th, 2015, 01:48 AM
How old is Henry? I'm looking forward to when our granddaughter is old enough to baby sit!

Ginny B
July 19th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Henry is 19 months old and, as you can imagine, full of energy.