PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Blondie
July 17th, 2015, 05:52 AM

Hello and Happy Friday, Folksies!

This week has been fairly zipping back so I expect no less from today. I was able to enjoy an almost totally ME day yesterday and I did absolutely NOTHING that was necessary, required or expected. I'll have another one of those, please!
I googled, I pinterested, I hovered here and there. I did dishes, I made dinner, I did dishes again. Went to Mom's twice, Sister's once and the only thing I didn't do was nap. I was having too much fun doing nothing to think about a nap. It was wonderful to not HAVE to be anywhere for anyone. It was terrific just chilling with the Mom and Sis without having to feel compelled to do any busy work there. It isn't as if there isn't and wasn't loads of stuff to be taken care of. I just took a personal day and what a difference it makes! Yes, I'll have another one soon. Oh yes, I will.

So, it's Friday. Everyone's happy place to be. I would like a picnic tomorrow. Perhaps I can figure out where to go for the afternoon. I love the mountains ~ and, perhaps will just take a drive if I can manuever it ~ to a close by foothill.

Have a special day, folksies. Give an extra smile to yourself in the mirror - my, my - aren't we soooo good looking when we smile!

Bubby
July 17th, 2015, 07:17 AM
Morning...It's going to be a real scorcher today in the triple digits.

First thing this morning I plan to make cookies for the Girls. Afterwards I will put the binding on the Pinwheels On Point quilt I got back yesterday. I'm trying to decide what color binding to use. It should be a no-brainer but it's not. Sometimes I overthink things.

Wishing everyone a fun Friday.

irishrn
July 17th, 2015, 08:06 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday! Today will probably be a repeat of tomorrow with some food shopping thrown in! I'm a bit behind on that one!!

Finished the trim and front door and front and back windows plus did clean up in that area. Need to prep an area to get the delivery of the flooring that has to acclimate to the house before being put down. Taking up carpeting is a royal pain!!!
Last on the list are the three doors and closet painting. Then taking up carpeting in the closet and around fireplace.
I've decided to keep the full wall bookcase covered with plastic till after the work is done so the dust will be limited. There are probably several hundred books on those shelves ( all DH's) that all need to be dusted! And of course he needs to keep ALL of them!!! Need to hustle the painter who is doing the walls up the stairs! I do not want to do that myself!
I do think that once the floor is done I will have another week or so of putting things back together and cleaning! Need it all done before cataract surgery end of August!!!

But at this moment, looking on what has already been done, I am very pleased with the way things are turning out!
It was a long time coming!
Hope all have a good Friday and a great weekend!!

songbird857
July 17th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Friday, Friday, Friday..... :)
Had a nice visit with my friend yesterday - I gave her a few batiks to play with until she settles on a design for a strip landscape quilt she's going to try, she can pick more later when she has a plan.
Last night was lovely as well, Hubby, DD, FIL, and I went for a drive to our favorite little town, I popped in the LQS there and talked about some classes - I figured it would be fun to take a class there when we go on vacation in August. I love the fact that in this particular shop, you don't NEED to buy the fabric or pattern from THAT shop, you just pay for the class. Of course, this makes me WANT to buy the fabric and pattern there because I appreciate it so much. Sometimes we (collective 'we') can squeeze out a bit extra for a class, but spending $30 on top of the fee isn't always feasible at certain times in life. I really do love this shop. They also do a few open sews during the week - I may pop in for one of those as well.
We also ate Chinese food and had ice cream, took a leisurely drive, then headed home (a bit under an hour away). Ahhhhhh... :)
Cleaning and sewing and laundry today... or is that SEWING and laundry and cleaning.... we'll see ;)
Blondie, glad you had a 'you' day yesterday - you definitely deserve more of those - come along with me as I learn to ask for and take more of those!
Barb, stay out of that heat!
CIAO

Ginny B
July 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Good Morning and happy Friday everyone! Blondie, sounds like you had a great Personal Day yesterday. Those days are so rejuvenating. Eileen, you are making great progress. Songbird, what a great visit with your friend you had (always great fun when it involves fabric!) and also nice evening.

It's an early close for us today (4:00) so I will be heading to Joann's after work with my coupon and pick up a few pillowforms that I need. Then dh and I may go to TGIFridays for dinner (and some Sangria) since we have a coupon for that too. :)

Looking forward to a few days off next week. I need to get my "to do" list in order for that. I will need to do some things around the house for sure but I want to spend a lot of time in my sewing room too. I am thinking -- three days off, one should be spent on house stuff and the other two should be spent in the sewing room, etc. We will see if that plays out.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
July 17th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Hip hip hooray, last working day. Can you tell I am exited about finishing this work stint. I am so tired.

Have a great day everyone. Sister in laws surgery went well. Thanks.

wlrquilts
July 17th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Good morning, it is a foggy morning here. once the fog burns off I am going to go pick blueberries. Last night's Paint Nite was fun. Loonwatcher (Nancy), I and one other friend from quilt guild had a great time and I will post pictures of our "masterpieces" a little later. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mom23
July 17th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday! My plan for yesterday was to finish piecing a quilt, but those plans didn't quite happen. My 22 year old is getting ready to move into the house we have been working on for 4 months and needs some furniture. He got off work at 1:00 and asked me to go shopping with him. What a shock! We went to resale shops looking for furniture to refinish. Even though we came home empty handed we had a good day. Today I'm headed to class at the gym, volunteering at our hospital golf outing, and mowing. There's a chance I will get to quilt tonight but if hubby asks me out I'm going!

Snickeldorfer
July 17th, 2015, 09:57 AM
i been sneaking
should that read snucking
in here and feel as if i know
just about every one of youse
sure hope friday is a good
one all around

BobW
July 17th, 2015, 10:03 AM
i been sneaking
should that read snucking
in here and feel as if i know
just about every one of youse
sure hope friday is a good
one all around

I have to say I don't cotton to snuckers on this here forum! If you don't shape up, I'm going to tell my sister about you! And she will make you think snuck! So there!

RockinLou
July 17th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Friday! How did that sneak up on us! I'm finally checking in actually in the morning while drinking coffee on the patio, I hope for 2 solid weeks of the same....

My visit with my sisters was lovely, lots of creative inspiration from my fellow sewing sister, and taking advantage of those 50% coupons at Joann. Our trip home was a nightmare, delayed for hours because the ATL airport was closed, my daughter though, bless her, was a complete angel, and never complained. I guess it's good that she's used to 9+ hour flights because our 1 1/2 hour flight from Baltimore (where we had to change planes) was actually abou 8 hours counting our runway time... Then you don't even want to know what the airport was like when we landed! It all worked out though, we just read a lot, she slept, and we rolled with it, because there really isn't anything we can do about it.

DH has agreed that today is the day to clean out the closet, this is a massive undertaking as the closet is full of very messy messes!! We used to have a storage unit and it was emptied into this closet, and now it is chaos, and we need to deal with it so that it doesn't eat someone (mostly our daughter, whose room this closet is in) alive... After that I will be sewing!! I have some garment sewing in mind, so we will see where that takes us, then maybe I will break out the featherweight in a few days and do some piecing on her. She needs a name.... But I haven't spent any time with her!

Snickeldorfer
July 17th, 2015, 10:25 AM
then maybe I will break out the featherweight in a few days and do some piecing on her. She needs a name.... But I haven't spent any time with her!

i think you should name
her scarlet
since she is a southern gal

toggpine
July 17th, 2015, 10:37 AM
I should be working for someone else today, but that is not going to happen. I think after I finish AM milk chores I'll call the school district and find out what the office hours are to pick up an application for substitute lunch lady and para-educator positions. It has to be better for me than this other option. That lady needs help, but I don't have the psych credentials to do the job she needs.

Instead, I'll bust out the vacuum and tuck away the last of the stuff from the wedding reception. I'm caught up on all but the bed linens for the laundry. Perhaps I'll actually get to washing the outside of the windows today. They are pretty gross. Then a quick swipe over the car and truck with the soapy water. Hmm, maybe I'll put that off until tomorrow when it's going to be hotter and Em can help play with the soap and water.
Then I can sneak in some time at the machine and finish off the kids' aprons for their wedding gift.

I hope you all can find something to smile about today!
Hugs, C

Grandma Nan
July 17th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Well its a great Friday morning here. A bit on the cool side, but going to get warmer as the morning goes on. DS and DDIL are celebrating their wedding anniversary so grandma and grandpa are staying with the 3 grandkids. It should be a fun and busy weekend if I survive. 6,8 and 10 yo boys are very energetic. Say what you will about kids and video games, but for a couple of times a day it is my break. They start playing and I know exactly where everyone is for half an hour. I think it is more nerve wracking looking after kids when you are 60. Glad I did it when i was 25.

I brought my Grandmother's Flower Garden to work on while I'm here as it is a very portable project. It really is kind of fun to do the hand piecing but I will only ever make one of these. This is my life long project. Someone else will get the pleasure of using this one as I don't think I'll ever finish it. LOL :))))

Well I have to try and figure out what to feed these children that is nutritious. In addition to the 3 kids, we have a Mini Schnauser Benny who is very cute but gets in battles of will with Grandpa ( I just laugh cause that dog wont do anything for him-and he's perfect for me). Also a 20 yo Japanese student who is here learning English. She goes to school in the day time and then is supposed to interact with the family all evening. So it is a really busy house. In addition, my niece has a wedding to go to tomorrow and I told her I would look after her little one for the day (she's 1 and a bit) cause I forgot we were babysitting here. So by Monday, I will probably need to just collapse. Its all good though- we're making memories and at this point and they still like spending time with grandma.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. It will be sad for the families of the Marines in Chattanooga. I hope none of you have been severely impacted by the floods in Kentucky. So many terrible things happening we sometimes forget to count our blessings. Stay safe and be as happy as you can be.

SewnByBee
July 17th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Hey there,everybody.
Just aint enough COFFEE yet to get me going, Hope you all have a grate day.

Carrie J
July 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Morning Blondie and All! Coffee in hand, and off to enjoy the weekend! Hope y'all have a great one! :)

Angelia
July 17th, 2015, 12:54 PM
My husband and his kids are making carnitas today on the patio, so I'll be sewing. The carnitas involve an ENORMOUS pot with lots of lard and chunks of pork--and since I don't eat pork, I can excuse myself from the fun(?).

JCY
July 17th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Happy Friday ~ It's sunny, & probably will hit 100 deg. today, like it did yest. I'm so thankful we got our new swamp cooler installed when we did. It's very efficient & so much more quiet than our old unit, which was 27 y.o. when it quit.
I worked in the yard yest. a.m., pulled weeds in the flower beds & sprayed weeds in the rock area of the driveway & along the fence line. Had to pull off bind weed that had wrapped itself around our chain link fence. I was so tired when I finished, I didn't do much the rest of the day. Too tired even to sew. I relaxed in the recliner & read. I enjoy Amish fiction. I'm hoping to get some sewing done today.
DH's nose & face actually are looking a little better. Today is post-op day 8. It's been a miserable time for him after having the Moh's surgery & reconstruction. He's worried the surgeon butchered his nose & it never will look right. I think in time, it will be okay. It will take time.
Have a good week end.

quiltingtrish
July 17th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I'm sure the news is exciting for my Dad who is in Maine with my sister. They stay in Lincoln - just a town away from where they are looking for the nutcase who already shot 4 people. He is probably sitting outside the motel watching the traffic sit while the crime scene units and other law enforcement speed on by.

Prayers to those affected in Maine and also for the Marines families affected by that tragedy.

I'll be 'over there' sewing while hoping the tv just might happen to have something about these shootings.

tnmtgrl
July 17th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone... happy Friday....I know its 2 in the afternoon but this is the first chance since this morning that I've had to sit down. The day started with grocery shopping, then I did 3 loads of laundry, then I peeled 20lbs. of carrots to be frozen. Oh and somewhere in there I was able to eat an apple and crackers for lunch. Now it's my time...I'm going straight to the studio!! :icon_woohoo: