PDA

View Full Version : Which Night Owl...?

kimsophia
July 17th, 2015, 12:40 AM
...has two thumbs and ordered custom mini blinds eight inches too short?

I don't know what happened. I don't know if I never did measure it correctly, or if I did but forgot the number, as I have a dangerous combination of no ability to remember numbers with the feeling that the wrong number in my head is right. :P

Anyway, those blinds are usually up about that much anyway so the cats can look out.

:P

Jean Sewing Machine
July 17th, 2015, 01:12 AM
My daughter could use those! She has to keep her blinds up that far for the 3 dogs to look out and bark away intruders!

stationarymom
July 17th, 2015, 01:15 AM
The Night owls are out early tonight.There isn't much happening here tonight as usual,it was a nice weather day today the humidity dried up last night.

bubba
July 17th, 2015, 01:21 AM
I was up sick most of last night and unconscious when I wasn't in the bathroom. I slept on the couch in the TV room since it's closer to the bathroom from there. Still did not feel good today and slept most of the day away, eating only an English Muffin. Well, for some reason, a chicken sandwich was the only thing that sounded good to me for dinner, so MM went and got me one. Let's just say I think it's going to be another looooooong night!

Simply Quilting
July 17th, 2015, 01:32 AM
The cats must be so happy to never have to worry about not see out. Both our cat and dog are loving the fact there are currently no window treatments on almost all of the windows right now. They can see out anytime they want. When we repainted everything, we took down and patched all nail holes and have not put up new window treatments yet.

I'm hoping for a lot calmer night tonight than last night. The storm was not fun and woke everyone is the house so there were grumpy children today. I did manage to get about half of my pressing done for the day. I would love to make it where I do something in the quilting area every day but there are just some days that by day's end, I'm just too tired. I did try it once when I was tired thinking it would help relax me. Big mistake!!! Lots of errors and ended up taking the sewing machine into the shop for a tune up. I was just thankful that I had decided not to use the rotary cutter.

Pat, hope that you get feeling better soon.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)

kimsophia
July 17th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Ugh, bubba, so sorry you caught a stomach flu. Full sympathy, as I've been there...

Well Jean, if your daughter just happens to need three Levolor mini blinds in Dover White that are 26 1/2" x 60", 8 gauge, 1/2 inch deep with the Vogue valence, just PM me...lolol

Joan, glad your humidity left. :)

Simply Quilting, hope you all can sleep deeply tonight...I managed to sleep through some loud thunder around 5 a.m., according to DH... :)

bubba
July 17th, 2015, 02:46 AM
Our youngest had it too. I saw her the day before she had symptoms of being sick. I just keep away from MM because of his immune system. This is the last thing he needs! He's probably end up in the hospital.

It feels to me like I have a fever, but whenever I take it there is none. Might try a different thermometer next time I get up.

stationarymom
July 17th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Pat I'm sorry you feel so sick,bugs can be the worst.I hope by later today you feel better.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 17th, 2015, 03:11 AM
Pat, hope you feel better soon! Stomach bugs are just the worst affliction ever!

sewlucky
July 17th, 2015, 03:45 AM
I hope you are feeling better very soon Pat, being sick is no fun!

I stayed in bed all day mostly reading my book and snoozing. Lazy girl, but it was chilly and grey outside and the dogs thought a day snoozing was a good idea, and I'm enjoying my book... ;)

Terri

Lightwriter
July 17th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Pat, I hope the buggies get out of your system fast. No fun...

I had a doctor 's appt in Durham and decided to do a run to Raleigh for Row by Row. It was a pretty day without too much humidity, so I figured I was overdue for a day out. I used to live in Raleigh eons ago, but it has changed SO much. I really didn't enjoy the adventure much...too much traffic and too much stress. I was very thankful for the GPS on my phone. I think I have decided I am officially old though. I did manage to get 4 cute rows, but I doubt if I ever make that particular run again. By the time I found all the shops and then drove an hour and a half home I was past exhaustion and my blood pressure was sky high. I like to see fabric in person, but ordering from places like M* on the Internet is so much easier when you live in the black hole of quilt shops.

Did find out the shops are having problems with the license plates...if they run out, it is taking them forever to reorder. Apparently the company doing them cannot keep up with the demand. I am on the waiting list at two shops for them to be mailed to me.

Stay well, little owls and have a great day!

Andrea F
July 17th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Good afternoon or good morning to you!

I've been distracted again this morning. Woke up at 6 am (on my non-work day !!!) from thunder. In the first moment I thought something really bad must have happened to make such a big loud bang. Then I realized that it was only thunder. Rained a bit and now the sun shines and the sky is blue. It's supposed to get hot today, I'm going to hide in the sewing basement.

Oops, Kimsophia, that could've happened to me too. Many years ago we had a bed from Ikea and bought slatted frames for it. They came in lots of single pieces and my dad and Thomas had to put them together. We bought them 90 cm wide because I was 150% sure our bed was 1.80 m. Guess what, the bed was only 1.60 m and they had to cut each piece down to 80 cm. They never trusted me about measurements again. :D

Pat, I hope you feel better when you get up. Those bugs are really bad. Drink lots of tea or water. (If it stays in)