PDA

View Full Version : Other fun stuff I did on my 3 month vacation

Leah53
July 16th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I use window air conditioning units in my cabin, I have 2, one of them malfunctioned and tripped the breaker on one side of my cabin which took out both air conditioners, had several people here trying to do freebee fixes, none of which worked so I got a freebee electrician to come out and he diagnosed the problem, got me back up and running.

A couple of days later I did laundry only to find out my dryer didn't work, hmm how could that have happened it's on it's own breaker so I waddled out to the breaker box and discovered that somehow that breaker got turned off. At the same time I noticed the breaker was turned on on the live wire that had been ripped from my shop when it fell, oh great, I had specifically told the electrician and the others NOT to turn that one on but in all fairness I had also told Mike to disconnect it but he didn't think it was necessary, translated to mean "it takes too much effort". I'm thinking it was God's divine intervention that the dryer breaker was off otherwise i would not have known the live wire was on. I'm pretty sure the electrician turned the dryer off because I had used my dryer after the others had left so it only stands to reason he turned the live wire on too.

Now back to the original day and problem. When the shop fell and ripped the wires out we had to plug my freezer (the elephant in my sewing shop) into an extension cord and outlet on the pole breaker box, don't know when it happened but we discovered my freezer had been out for several days, lost a few hundred dollars worth of food.

And then....yes, there's always an "and then", my computer was acting up so I did a restore, the restore crashed the computer, oh goody, not only do I not have my sewing, I now don't have my computer. I finally got it going but it wasn't acting right so I said to myself, self, go buy another computer, and since I always trust self's judgement, I did.

All I can say is, good thing Mike has a good paying job or I'd be screwed.

stationarymom
July 17th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Oh you poor thing ,you've had such a rough time and then all of that too your lucky you are still sane (I'm not sure I would be).Heres
to good health and much better luck.

Bjvarizona
July 17th, 2015, 03:29 AM
And, here's to Mike's good paying job! Hope you get your sewing area back up and running.

irishrn
July 17th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Wow! Good thing you checked those breakers. No telling what would have happened with that live wire!
Hope all things from here on are out are all good!!!

Leah53
July 17th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Oh you poor thing ,you've had such a rough time and then all of that too your lucky you are still sane (I'm not sure I would be)

I wasn't sane before all this happened which, when you think about it, is fortunate. :D

alliek
July 17th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Oh Leah! It has got to get better from here on. Many Blessings.