PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Fridays!

Blondie
October 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM
Good Morning!

Are you ready for the weekend? Have you made plans to take a drive to see the leaves in full color? Do y'all ever have a bonfire and sit around telling ghost stories? On chilly days and nights do you like s'mores and hot chocolate? Forget that I can eat those year round. There's something about a chill in the air and leaves whisking to the ground with each stiff breeze.

I don't have to cook tonite! Yay! Mom is going with some friends for dinner. I told her to eat like a bird - constantly.

Linda came back to work yesterday. Did you feel the earth move as I jumped and the sound barrier break as her clients shrieked their happiness? She looks better - much better than before the stint was put in. Ms. Norma Jean will now be back in the 60's again. It's Friday! Let me say again, IT'S FRIDAY!
Doesn't matter that I work tomorrow! It's Friday and Linda is back. I understand Linda means beautiful in spanish. Yes, I do think that Linda is a beautiful word.

Have a great weekend, y'all!

quiltingtrish
October 21st, 2011, 07:54 AM
It is Friday and I am SO looking forward to the weekend with the next 2 days off. Wish I could sleep in on my days off, but I guess I have been getting up around 6 AM for too long and the body just aches if I don't get up and move the parts around and get them all lubricated up.

I love the fall colors and fortunately I don't have to drive anywhere to see the beauty. I can look right out my back door into the woods and once I get to school, I work on the top floor - look over towards the mountains and there those beautiful trees stand in all their majesty.

Welcome back to work Linda! Whohoo Blondie! I'm glad she's feeling better and taking her clients back. I know how much you loved doing those beehive ladies.

Regular day here, which is a good thing. Don't like it much when things go wonky.

Hope you all have a great day. I best get moving for work.

Hugs,

middlesis1966
October 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Yahoo Linda!!!!
I am so ready for this weekend to start. Its been a bugger of a week and Im hoping the new meds hold up cause I have alot I want to do and a short time to do it. Going on a day trip with my church gals and my mommy so I want to be fresh as a daisy and be up for tons of walking and eating yummy treats.
Oh and I got maesured for my first new bra for the new gals and I have bigger ones, yahoo!! Doing mental cart wheels right now! Now I just have to talk the hubs into letting me get the tattoos that I want over my scars so I have something beauty to look at!!
Blondie I love a good fire. We enjoy them at my sissies house on the weekends. They enjoy their adult beverages while I gorge myself on tons of burnt marshmellows. Love a good burnt marshmellow!
Well all its off to the saltmines for this chic. Have a great day all!

Bubby
October 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Good Morning! Blondie glad to hear from you and loved your chicken pic....that's rather how I feel today. We've been having a grand visit with DD and DGS. Tonight we are going to the Haunted Mill here in Licking, which is all decked out for Halloween. There will also be a corn maze, goodies, hay rides and maybe a few cute girls for DGS to flirt with!! DH took the day off so he can spend it with the kids and he plans to light a huge bonfire this morning and keep it going all day...YAY! We love a good fire. The kids fly back home tomorrow.......

I got some handwork done on the Dresden plates this week in my quiet morning time before anyone was up but Molly and me. Let's hear it for a little quiet time just for yourself every day. I know I sure miss it when I don't get it.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday filled with family and friends. Take care everyone......HUGS

meemeecyn
October 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Good Friday morning. Blondie...so glad Linda is back. What a relief for both of you. Paula, after all you have been through, you need some fun! Great to see your sense of humor is still intact and you have a great outlook on everything. You go, Girlfriend! Barb....that quiet time is so necessary for our 'stage in life'.....there's much to reflect on besides renewing the spirit. Have a wonderful time with your company and save time to work on the Dresden's! Trish, we understand what you mean by 'normalcy'.....there is so much comfort in that!
I'm meeting a friend for lunch today. We haven't seen each other for several months so will have a lot of catching up to do.

Enjoy your day and the weekend!!
Cynthia

ginampls
October 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hello every one, wow what a long week it has been for me. i work at my new job. busy there!!! and then mom was at hospital. so she is home now... phew..plus in MN it teacher conference, so no school for DD and i had to scramble to find day care..today i am off DD and i are going to go to lunch... and i promiced DQ...in afternoon.....what i really want is a real day off...one day... some day soon.

KiltedQuilter
October 21st, 2011, 10:52 AM
I certainly have that FRIDAY feeling!
Been at my mother's most of the week, which was lovely. I love visiting my mum and dad(got to see my brother as well) we all got spoilt rotten!
Tomorrow I have my friend coming over with her two boys(2 and 4 years old) so I will have lots of cuddles and then on Sunday we have friends coming for lunch(so more cuddles) Yay for cuddles!

Sandy Navas
October 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
I have an appointment with Miss Beautiful Linda to get my hair spiked. I'll be back later in the day.

Hello, all my wonderful on-line friends. I gotta run or I'll be late.

mianmom
October 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Good morning all! I did such a good job at cleaning yesterday, I plan on finishing the binding on DD's quilt today!

Blondie - I love the fall also, I thinks its the colors and I love the smell of fires buring in the cool weather. Paula - have a great trip! Trish - The only time that I sleep in is when I cant sleep at night, but even that isn't too late with a 3 year old. Barb - Quiet time is nice, I get it only when DH and DD go to the park together. And that is going to end soon when it s**ws. Cynthia - have a great lunch! Gina - Hope your mom is ok! Kilted Quilter - have a great cuddling weekend!! Sandy - have fun getting your hair done!

quilter.martha
October 21st, 2011, 12:55 PM
Howdy all! Happy Friday to all of us. My hubby leaves from work today to go on a men's retreat thru Saturday evening, so I kinda have the 2 days to myself. Not totally since our son still lives at home while he's attending the university. But, he tends to do his own thing, so I'M FREE! I worked this morning on my Christmas tree skirt and finished it! Now I'm heading out to one quilt shop to look at their LAQ to see if I want them to quilt the skirt for me. I really have someone else in mind, but I feel I need to check out a couple of quilters before I make my decision.

Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. The color surrounds us. All I have to do is look outside the window in my sewing room to get an eyeful. So very thankful for living here.

Wish me luck on decision making about a quilter!

middlesis1966
October 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
LOL Sandee, you will have to post pics of your new do!!!
Im suppose to be hard at work but I have no get up and go today. Im not the only one because the gal I work with has been as much of a slacker as I have been. Now the hubs isnt to happy with us but thats ok. You see he works at the same place as me and its a small company so we also work the same shift. I dont work in the weld shop anymore because I got a new job but its still welding related so I still go out there. I have worked with the guys for over 10 yrs so they treat me like one of the guys. Well anyway they tease each other and they all know that I will say what they are doing to the hubs. Well they gave him a new nickname and its a girls name. Well long story short someone dared me to page him (by his new girl name) to call my office. Well I did and know he is not a happy camper right now. Sounds like I have been hard at work today huh?
Martha I have never taken stuff to the LQS for long arm. Mostly because I dont know what to ask for so I just dont and I have a few things I want done. What are some of the beginner questions should I ask? My projects are baby quilts right now but I want to tackle larger quilts soon. Thanks!
Well all its back to the saltmines for me, hee hee. Have a fun filled friday all!

Lola2Ace
October 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon everybody! Not much going on here. I am still lost in my sewing room, which I am glad for....It's been a wonderful vacation! I got a few things cleaned off my 'to do/ufo' pile and hopefully will get a few more off of there before the weekend is over. I am currently unsewing, embroidering and then re-sewing tote bags. They are a bit on the small side, so it's just easier to hoop them if they are deconstructed a bit. I found the pieces and parts to a fabric basket, so I pretty much finished that up last night, just have to top stitch the top and hand stitch the turning opening, made it all from scraps and I just love it. Well, just finishing up my oatmeal for lunch so back to stitching. Wishing everybody a blessed day!

BellasQuilts
October 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Blondie, that pic is just how I feel after 6 days standing in a convention center at a tradeshow. Now in yosemite at an environmental law conference and it is beautiful up here right now. Nip in the air and lots of sunshine.

Left San Antonio at 6 am and heard they had an earthquake at 7:30 am that morning; rats, just missed a good foot massage!

Miss my new sewing machine but was daydreaming during slow times in the tradeshow booth of all the new quilts I am going to work on, so it wasn't time wasted.

Hope you all have a great weekend; blessings to all.

sally
October 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
Hey there! Well my hubby is off hunting on Sunday for 3-4 days. I am going to start working on a quilt for his Christmas present while he is gone. I am using material that looks like suits...pin strips, herringbone that type in blue/black/grey/tan and a deep red for a burst of color. It will be a sampler quilt and I am going to applique some ties on it that I will pick up at our local thrift stores. Very manly quilt but I will back it with flannel so he can snuggle with it while he watches sports.

I love the fall when the leaves are changing color and there is a scent of wood smoke in the crisp air. This is a picture of our retirement town (Kaslo B.C. ) in the fall.

Have a great weekend. Prayers to those in need and hugs too!

quilter.martha
October 21st, 2011, 07:10 PM
LOL Sandee, you will have to post pics of your new do!!!
Im suppose to be hard at work but I have no get up and go today. Im not the only one because the gal I work with has been as much of a slacker as I have been. Now the hubs isnt to happy with us but thats ok. You see he works at the same place as me and its a small company so we also work the same shift. I dont work in the weld shop anymore because I got a new job but its still welding related so I still go out there. I have worked with the guys for over 10 yrs so they treat me like one of the guys. Well anyway they tease each other and they all know that I will say what they are doing to the hubs. Well they gave him a new nickname and its a girls name. Well long story short someone dared me to page him (by his new girl name) to call my office. Well I did and know he is not a happy camper right now. Sounds like I have been hard at work today huh?
Martha I have never taken stuff to the LQS for long arm. Mostly because I dont know what to ask for so I just dont and I have a few things I want done. What are some of the beginner questions should I ask? My projects are baby quilts right now but I want to tackle larger quilts soon. Thanks!
Well all its back to the saltmines for me, hee hee. Have a fun filled friday all!

Paula, I don't know what to ask, either! This is the first time I've ever done this. I've always done my own quilting, but this time I thought it might be fun to have it sent out. My DH was very encouraging for me to go ahead and do it. So, this afternoon I went to a local shop to see what they charged and see some samples of their work but she was booked thru January! I contacted the person I had in mind first after that, and she is very willing to do my skirt. I'm taking it to her tomorrow. I'm real excited!

middlesis1966
October 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks Martha I will just wing it too! I cant wait too see the skirt when you get it back. I want to do a quilt for my mommy and I know that my machine wont handle it.