PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is coming and my goose is getting cooked . . .

Blondie
July 16th, 2015, 09:43 AM

Hello Folksies
With all the Christmas in July stuff I have been seeing and hearing, it occurred to me that I have had a lapse in time. How did it get to be July already? I generally start in January with my next holiday making but somehow this year has so far seen me so busy with everything and everyone else but me. Know the feeling? If you do and you would like some nudging in the direction of getting busy - keep an eye on this thread. HOPEFULLY, we will be getting ideas, suggestions and links to something we have not thought of or seen before.
I know that I have put the NCW down as one I would like to make for a gift. But what about all the others? I have men, women, children and babies to gift for! I can't make all of them another quilt. I mean, good grief, look at the time! To paraphrase the white wabbit: "time, time! who's got the time?"

So, wonderfully creative and magnanimous ones - give it up! What shall I, we - do? It doesn't have to be anything big or even extraordinary, it just needs to be a gentle persuasion that our gift-ees have been thought of in a special way.

PS: Let's keep this bumped up, shall we; please?

Mom23
July 16th, 2015, 10:18 AM
I am going to finally make some of the box bags for all the people in my family. The girls will get something with pretty girlie fabric, and all the guys will get camo. Hunters always need a place to keep their tree steps, turkey calls, camo makeup, and all the other "stuff" I find in pants pockets! Oh, and grandson will get one with some little toys inside. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal but putting in the zipper scares the bajeebers out of me.

Grandma Nan
July 16th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I will be following this post Blondie; I am not sure where this year has gone for me. It can't be past the middle of July!!!I definitely need a nudge, maybe even a push. I know it will happen but right now I can't even bring myself to think about Christmas. At some point I will panic. I need some motivation without going into panic mode. As well, I love Christmas but find myself less and less interested in the gifting and more interested in the fellowship and feelings of Christmas.

Last year I did 6 quilts for Christmas for all the grandkids and my disabled daughter. Now all the rest of the adult kids want quilts but they all need queen and king size so it is a lot more time and money (I dont quilt them myself so add $200- $300). Oh well, we all know they will get them but it may just not be for Christmas. I am also getting braver and am going to at least start quilting the smaller ones myself.

Like I said, right now I can't provide inspiration but I will be following.

Snickeldorfer
July 16th, 2015, 10:31 AM
zippers are quite easy with zipper foots (plural of foot)
follow jean sewing machine
i will make gifts for the men in my life when they make gifts for me
not going to happen
not going to happen
give them a coupon for a dollar off something at harbor freight
if you insist on being crafty get elmer glue and stick it to a piece of fabric
cut with pinking shears of course

they do not cook for me
i do not cook for them
turn about is fair play

she is not my mother so i am not buying mothers day cards and mailing
he is not my blood relative so i am not sending your brother birthday cards
you do not send my brother cards so why should i be the one who remembers
your family dates

get real out there men

Blondie
July 16th, 2015, 10:46 AM
not going to happen
not going to happen

they do not cook for me
i do not cook for them
turn about is fair play

your family dates

get real out there men

wow, Snick, you sound as if you really have gotten tired of your man's ability to slough things off to you. hear, hear!
You know, one year, in fact, I think it was the last year of my first marriage, I gave him a wire brush and toothpaste for
Christmas so he could scrub out his potty mouth. I can't express here just how well that gift was received.

Granny Fran
July 16th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Ouch, about the men in past lives....

I have a fabulous SIL that is not only great with my DD, but treats DH and I like royalty. He is the best and I am going to make him a quilt with the flannel layer cakes I bought last winter. Hopefully it will be done by Christmas. LOL. I'm thinking maybe a quillo type quilt.

Blondie
July 16th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Great idea, Granny Fran - I've never made a quillow. Have to study on that one.
And my own SIL is as yours - treats my daughter, dear man and I with great love.

quiltingtrish
July 16th, 2015, 11:22 AM
In June, I start wondering what to make for my co-workers at school thinking that since I have about 20 gifts to pass out, I can get them finished before school begins at the end of August and I am that far ahead. Usually, I find that I do not figure out what I am going to make until September and then it takes me until the end of November to finish them all. So, I look for something that can be made that is assembly line fashion and not too large or heavy (if purchasing items because fabric gifts are not heavy) as they have to be carried in to school and up the stairs and then stashed under my desk until the time is right).
I have made 6-Pocket Bags, mug rugs, and medium sized Snap Bags. A few even received lap sized fleece blankets.

As for family, the kids each have their own vehicle now so they are all getting a filled first aid kit to put in their trunk. They are also getting a emergency tool kit that includes flares, etc. I've seen them at Walmart before, might even check out Amazon and that's a biggie for me cause I don't do much if hardly any on-line shopping.

I will be keeping an eye on other ideas that come across here.

LynneLeavell
July 16th, 2015, 11:24 AM
As of right now my intent is to make what is called "Cobb Webb Sisters". You take just a cheap ordinary cotton garden glove, a small amount of 5 different color pieces of yarn, some fiberfill and a wooden dowl rod (middle size in diameter). You take the garden glove and with whatever color Sharpie Marker you write Some little cute saying of your choice, then you stuff the glove with fiber fill and put it over the dowl rod and tie it off, then you attach the five different colors of yarn to the top of each finger with hot glue and separate the strands of yarn and make fuzzy hair and you have a Cobb Webb Sister.

SallyO'Sews
July 16th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I've done a bunch of matching kitchen towels/pot holders/microwave bowl cozies for wedding showers lately - they're a big hit with both men (if they live alone) and women. See my album "2015."

For kids, what about pillow cases with a pocket to hold a book or favorite toy?

Just got a great pattern for a jewelry/cosmetics/hosiery organizer from JoAnn. Really cute, and not hard at all. Don't have access to the pattern envelope right now, but I can get it to you.

Ooh, this is fun! What ideas do all of you have?

Sylvia H
July 16th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Oy vey! I am in the same pickle! Several things have slowed me down this year, and when it comes to my quilting, I feel like I am moving through molasses. I have begun to resign myself that there will be no big gifts this year. But I like this idea of sharing ideas, so I will be participating. My DIL is definitely getting a pretty table runner, I have the top finished! I would like to make her a set of pillows and gift my son with a Christmas tree skirt. I like giving seasonal gifts, so the recipient doesn't feel obligated to have the item in view throughout the whole year.

My daughter and SIL are more difficult. Daughter doesn't care for patchwork (although she appreciates the work involved), so many wonderful ideas get passed by. I may still make her a set of placemats (she can store them out of sight when not in use!) SIL and his daughter observe their Jewish religion, so this is a new area of gift giving for me. The little girl is 10 years old. I have a wonderful pattern for a menorah wall hanging - the candles are held by snowmen. I just need a kick in the butt to make it, as it is mostly applique, not piecing.

I also see many microwave bowl pot holders being made for gifting. I have a pattern and material for chenille scarves, and would like to gift them this year......now that I have this in writing, will everyone take turns holding my feet to the fire?

GrammaBabs
July 16th, 2015, 11:41 AM
I gave up the GrammaBabs gifts (about 20) that i would make for all my friends "grands". Having only 1 handsome guy that's 27 myself... and a small family, It was a fun thing to do.... but... This is what i do now...

As some of you know, i began making ornaments with the year on them. They are sent out to all relatives and friends... Postage has gone way up and the ideas are getting more difficult. Soon there will have to be a "repeat" in style..LOL
But all in all,,,, it's a wonderful small thing to give all the special people that have touched my life over the years... I'm up to 150,,, so i'm about to begin in a month... 2015 here i come.... The first of these was 1993!!

Claire Hallman
July 16th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Say it isn't so.:icon_heh:
I just bought two things to make for Fall/Thanksgiving.
We are in a smallish family and most have decided to not swap gifts so not too much to do. I do want to do something for the grands but it won't be a quilt, they are well covered with them.:D I did get two row x row s Tuesday, one a choo choo and the other a mermaid, they will become Christmas gift wall hangings.
I think I will make DIL a table topper, too.

Blondie
July 16th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Found this link on pinterest:

15 Handmade Christmas Gifts to Start Making Now - HoneyBear Lane (http://www.honeybearlane.com/2013/07/15-handmade-christmas-gifts-to-start-making-now.html)

No time to search for more right at this minute - and hey, y'all are giving me some great ideas!

Sylvia - with a healthy dose of my family that is Jewish, we always have fun celebrating. I will look into my "files" and come up with something.

Angelia
July 16th, 2015, 12:11 PM
My mom's quilt is done for Christmas, but I'm behind in planning for anyone else.

auntiemern
July 16th, 2015, 12:33 PM
As always the kids teachers will get hand made tote bags. They always love those. Now that I have the embroidery machine, I plan on utilizing that in my gifting ideas this year. Monogrammed bath towels, and cutesy kitchen towels for sure. Bubby wants a new Paw Patrol Quilt...so will have to see what I can do on that front. Embroidered tee's for the grands. A few pillowcases for DD's friends young ones. Would like to try a few small in the hoop things. Nothing that is super time consuming. My energy and creativity come in spurts...so never a guarantee when I will actually feel like doing anything. I will mostly just play it by ear...and knowing me...I will be rushing to get things done at the last minute.

Leah53
July 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
not going to happen
not going to happen

they do not cook for me
i do not cook for them
turn about is fair play

your family dates

get real out there men

Oh my gosh, you must be my long lost twin.

Leah53
July 16th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Ouch, about the men in past lives....

I have a fabulous SIL that is not only great with my DD, but treats DH and I like royalty. He is the best and I am going to make him a quilt with the flannel layer cakes I bought last winter. Hopefully it will be done by Christmas. LOL. I'm thinking maybe a quillo type quilt.

If your husband is like mine I wouldn't bother. I made mine one a few years ago and he used it to wrap up his rifle.

Blondie
July 16th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Taking another sneek peek at this thread and decided this would be neat for a teacher?
Crafty Creations by Jill: Crayon Wreaths (http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/2011/10/crayon-wreaths.html)

Leah53
July 16th, 2015, 02:09 PM
That is really cute. Would make a good gift for Mom too, put the childs name on it and a school picture of the child in a small frame.

Another idea that I've done many of in the past, German bells, can be made with fabric or paper.

Carolyn
July 16th, 2015, 02:25 PM
As you may remember my sewing machine went berserk last November. this meant many gift baskets were sent instead. The good part of that is that I have some quilt tops finished from last year. That will help a lot. I try to rotate between quilts and things like table runners, the microwave bowls and wall hangings and totes. That way you are not pressed to have so many quilts done at once. For the older relatives I have found things like the Northcott lighted Xmas panels make much appreciated gifts. Some simply hang them instead of going thru the trouble of putting up a tree. They are relatively quick to make. My grandson even requested one for his room. I am getting my new machine in about a week so I do not anticipate any breakdowns this year. It was DH's idea. Not a better one out there!(DH that is)

Sonic
July 16th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Because I'm newer at this I still rely some on the other things I do (crochet, homemade jams, apple butter, fudge and such) but I have been keeping my eyes open for panels like this one below-
Wilmingon Prints Hot Chocolate Cocoa and Cookies Placemat Panel 24 x 44 - Sold by the Panel (http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SALES/Basics-Sale-Fabrics/WP-33720-123)

The different blocks are just the right size to use in mug rugs, mats, or toppers with only a few FQs needed as different support fabrics. I know it's basic, but sometimes you need something like this for teachers, mail person, or various people that may not be family or close friends.
The prints are cute enough to stand on their own so one doesn't have to overthink designs and good for doing some neat quilting on. Perfect for newer people like me.
The above panel is only $3! (it's cuter in person too)

Quilt wise, I don't have but a few family members. One will be getting a quilt I already started for her, and my son will be getting some wall hangings made from some Star Wars fabric he chose. Otherwise my sewing efforts will focus more on QOVs and those who may need a quilt.

sewelegant
July 16th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Sonic, that's a really cute panel. Great ideas.

Carrie J
July 16th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Mug rug sets with side panel for spoon rest, potholders loooooong ones, with matching towels, casserole carriers (compliments of Crafty Gemini), bed runners, table toppers, microwave bowl holders. That's about it for Christmas gifts this year. Last year was the "Year of Quilts" for me..............that won't happen again for a loooong time, LOL!

Granny Judy
July 16th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Last year I bought the one cup canning jars (used for jam & jelly) and put M&M candies in some, In others I put a small sewing kit. Cushioned the lid with fiber fill and fabric in some Christmas fabric to catch those loose pins. For a mini pin cushion.

This year I am making small baskets with rope. 114256 This one is suppose to catch my fabric scraps, but it will hold a full grown black cat.

here are a couple smaller baskets to hold coasters and cookies.

Just search for Rope Baskets. There is a ton of tutorials out there, esp U tube.

How about a thread catcher for those "sewers" in you life?? My PDF file won't upload here. Sorry ...

mommamarsh
July 17th, 2015, 12:58 AM
30 plus years ago ,I made ceramic ornaments that had an area for a small photo.Also made a few without in case some didn't have a photo. When I see any of the kids from DS class they all mention the ornament. I'll bet that one could sew a frame or small pillow
shape that would hold a photo. And made with animal print it would be nice for fur babies . I may have just thought up my gift for this year !

baskets4deb
July 17th, 2015, 01:54 AM
I make boxers for my son (I've been doing this since he was 13; he's now 35) and pajama pants for my daughter. They would both be disappointed if I skipped a year. I am also making table toppers for my 2 sisters and aprons for my son and DIL. I HOPE to make Christmas quilts for each sister. We'll see if that happens... I did start on one. I made 12 microwave bowl holders last year and they were a big hit. I need another idea for those small gifts for friends.

Bjvarizona
July 17th, 2015, 04:05 AM
I made a pair of decorated hand towels for about 8 co-workers one year. Depending on their personalities I chose the decoration style, like adding lace for very feminine gals. Others got Seminole piecing bands on the towels, etc. went over well.

Blondie
July 17th, 2015, 06:10 AM
I am liking what I have been reading so far. I spent some time on pinterest yesterday and with google also. Here are some fun ones:

for little ones, how about a busy bag? I mean we have so many bag enthusiasts here: Busy Bag Tutorial (http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/busy-bag-tutorial/)

something for the new parent or new grandparent: Homemade Block Ornaments - The Crafting Chicks (http://thecraftingchicks.com/2009/12/homemade-block-ornaments.html)

a neat idea for anyone for Hanukkah but bet kids would love it : Fold a Money Origami Star from a Dollar Bill - Step by Step Instructions (http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/money-origami-star.html)

Bubby
July 17th, 2015, 07:23 AM
I don't have the energy or enthusiasm for making Christmas gifts this year. Last year I have a virtual angel/snowflake factory in full swing. So, I will be checking back here for gifties that are quick and easy to make. I would love to see some new ideas.

Blondie, I love the money origami!

Ginny B
July 17th, 2015, 08:28 AM
So many great ideas here! I think those microwave potholders will be on my list along with regular potholders too. I also make crocheted cotton dishcloths. They don't take me much time to make anymore since I've been doing them for such a long time. There will be one small quilt on the Christmas gift list and that will be for the news grand-daughter arriving in November. Not sure about others just yet.

I'll have to check out some of the other links in this thread.

alliek
July 17th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Last Christmas I needed two gifts I had not counted on. So I made quilted pie carriers and bought ceramic pie plates. They loved them. They were quick and fun to make. I was also thinking of tea cozies wrapped around a pretty tea pot. You could extend this gift if you want with tea and goodies or mugs and mug rugs.

Blondie
July 21st, 2015, 07:36 AM
I thought this was cute for those who attend Holiday festivities as a hostess gift:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/276971445808737781/

I have done loads of these in the past; maybe I will do this again with some of those old vinyls: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/266416134182434173/

who doesn't deserve to be pampered? https://www.pinterest.com/pin/386324474259105378/

Carol336
July 21st, 2015, 08:13 AM
Thanks for starting this wonderful thread Miz Blondie.....I will be following it for sure...so many great ideas.

I'm in love with the microwave potato/corn on the cob cooking pouch. I bought one at the Amish Market and immediately wondered why I didn't make it myself. I think a lot of the ladies on my list will be getting one this year. Just going use the one I bought for a pattern.

amartin24
July 21st, 2015, 02:43 PM
I like to make rag quilts as gifts as they are really cozy and fast and fun to make.

Blondie
July 23rd, 2015, 07:48 AM
Here is a neat idea I found - a tutorial and all for making a folded shopping tote. Anyone could use this!

Zaaberry: Tote + Tutorial = Totorial (http://www.zaaberry.blogspot.com/2011/05/tote-tutorial-totorial.html)

What if you want to do something with those old or new photos? This requires NO stitching. A totally unique gift.
By Jen: My Husband's "World" (http://www.byjen.com/2011/02/my-husbands-world.html)

Blondie
July 24th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Another cutesie gift idea with pics you may have not thought about. I like this one so much, I might would consider this for my DD's stocking gift:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/291819250832688757/

Blondie
July 30th, 2015, 08:16 AM
for the wee ones - cute idea for gift

Crayon Art Folio PDF Sewing Pattern / Gingercake (http://www.gingercake.bigcartel.com/product/crayon-art-folio-pdf-sewing-pattern)

Ginny B
July 30th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Ohhhh, I like that. I may make one for myself as well as a friend from work that I have lunch with everyday.

AuntieVic
July 30th, 2015, 09:07 AM
I make annual personalized ornaments every year also. I have a few things in mind so it is now time to decide which one to do and get to work. There have been times that I was up late on xmas eve finishing up, and I don't want that to happen this year. There is one ornament that I have had to keep supplies for, to make for new additions to the family. I used a sizzix die, shape of a Christmas light bulb and cut out several colors of craft foam lights. I used a green grosgrain ribbon and strung the lights. Then used a sharpie to put letters on the bulbs to spell the name of the recipient.

This year I will do some pillowcases for the little ones, as they all have a quilt they received in past years.

Great post Blondie - I will be watching for some more wonderful ideas. If I get time I will try to pull some out and take some pictures to post.

Sylvia H
July 30th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I just went through and bookmarked several of the ideas. Thanks, Blondie for the folded dollar bill instructions! I know that will be a big hit. I also like the little toy travel bag. I am pretty sure I will be making that for my grand-nephew.

Blondie
August 6th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Have you ever made a bath scrub? I love them for the extra way to pamper myself occasionally. I have made this scrub, love it and have given it as gifts before.

Tea Tree Salt Scrub - Running With Sisters (http://runningwithsisters.com/tea-tree-salt-scrub/)

It is always well received, especially if you make a tea cup candle to go with it!

DIY Teacup Candles (http://yesmissy.com/diy-teacup-candles/)

Blondie
August 25th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I like gifts in a jar - you can make all sorts of gifts in a jar! A lot of dollar stores have the jars cheaper than the ones you purchase by the box at wally world.

for a warm winter's eve: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/421579215092851386/

here is a list of about 20 others: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/387661480401581298/

If you want to think outside the mason jar size:

Gifts In A Jar . . . Simple, Inexpensive, and Fun! - One Good Thing by Jillee (http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2014/12/gifts-jar.html)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/173036810659083377/

Carol336
August 26th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Wow...some really great ideas for gifts in a jar...got them all bookmarked. Thanks Blondie

Cathy F
August 26th, 2015, 03:54 PM
Last year I did cosmetic bags for all the gals along with wristlet key fobs. Quick little gifts and to could always put a gift card in for them to buy some fresh cosmetics.

Blondie
August 26th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Last year I did cosmetic bags for all the gals along with wristlet key fobs. Quick little gifts and to could always put a gift card in for them to buy some fresh cosmetics.

Cathy, did you make the wristlet key fobs like little wallets or bracelets?

Blondie
September 10th, 2015, 06:52 AM
How about a little key holder? Nice stocking stuffer

Fabric Mutt: Key Pouch Tutorial (http://fabricmutt.blogspot.com/2014/05/key-pouch-tutorial.html)

Cathy F
September 10th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Blondie, somehow I never I back to this thread to see your post. I made the key fobs that go around your wrists like a bracelet.

Altairss
November 7th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Okay this disappeared into obscurity but I am bumping this up because Christmas is getting close. Look thru for ideas and share what your working on to let us know what might be a good thing to add to our list. Right now I am making a few of this Christmas stocking. Nice pattern and simple tutorial of a quilted as you go stocking with a more modern look. This does look nice in regular fabrics as well.

tutorial: falling flakes quilt as you go stocking - imagine gnats (http://imaginegnats.com/the-falling-flakes-stocking-tutorial/)

So anyone got some goodies they wanna share for gift giving?

alliek
November 7th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I still like pie or casserole holders. They sew up fast. You can buy a fairly reasonable pie plate or casserole in the dollar store, or buy a more expensive version at a Dept. store, (or online) You can fill with baked goods, or a gift card or two, books, etc. . I like the fabric bowls also, you can fill these too. Lots to do for mom's birthday and Thanksgiving first.

Sylvia H
November 19th, 2015, 01:57 AM
I just made this bag, using 6 fat quarters and no zippers, no interfacing, nothing else! It is a floppy bag for sure, but may be just the right gift for someone. The instructions call for a 3.5" X5.5" piece for the handle, in addition to the 6 FQs. I found that at least one of the leftover pieces from cutting the FQs could be used for the handle. Here are the instructions: Reversible Bento Bag Pattern ? Handcraft Workshop (http://handcraftworkshop.com/2015/11/reversible-bento-bag-pattern/)

Juliet Taylor
November 19th, 2015, 05:24 AM
I did not check this thread earlier and now I'm browsing it and finding awesome ideas for gifts... thanks so much!!!

Blondie
November 19th, 2015, 07:36 AM
Folksies, it's time to get SERIOUS

Here's another link:

Main Ingredient

and how about this cutie????

Monday-Scrap Fabric (http://too-much-time.com/2013/10/main-ingredient-monday-scrap-fabric.html)

Juliet Taylor
November 19th, 2015, 05:23 PM

Well ladies this is OFFICIALLY your fault :D Highly addicting! Thanks for the link! I adore Fabric Mutt but didn't notice this tutorial earlier!

Now all my female friends are getting one of these :D

Altairss
November 19th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Oh those are fabulous what link did you find those under

Juliet Taylor
November 20th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Oh those are fabulous what link did you find those under

Blondie wrote the link about this faboulous and easy tutorial a few pages ago, let me write it here for you:

Fabric Mutt: Key Pouch Tutorial (http://fabricmutt.blogspot.it/2014/05/key-pouch-tutorial.html)

Sylvia H
November 20th, 2015, 03:20 AM

Well ladies this is OFFICIALLY your fault :D Highly addicting! Thanks for the link! I adore Fabric Mutt but didn't notice this tutorial earlier!

Now all my female friends are getting one of these :D

But, but, but .... it has a zipper! Just teasing you. It is a great gift idea, and one I just may try, if I can overcome my zipper fears.

Cathy F
November 20th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Those little key pouches are so cute!

sewelegant
November 20th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Key pouches are adorable. But do you think the CC's could fall out? Trying to figure out a way to secure them. Maybe a strap with a snap or magnet.

SewnByBee
November 22nd, 2015, 09:51 AM
I also like to make lil gifts for my beautician, the lady ,who helps me keep the house, and my nurse,
they take care of me, so I made them each a ribbon wrench, and I am also making them for each family,
In our family, the girls all have their own now, all gets a new ornament, for the year.

I think I want to make pot holders for all the girls, I picked up my insolbrite, if time allows.

It's also bear season,(making bears to take to the nursing home, and I'm behind). So I want get much more done I'm afraid, that's ok, if I can just get caught up, I'll be happy.

Being sick this year was a bummer, I was hoping to be ahead, oh well.

Thanks, for all the inspiration, f you were lacking, hope this helps,

HOooo hoooooo, ooo crap, FIVE weeks, and counting.

Vonnie
November 22nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Key pouches are adorable. But do you think the CC's could fall out? Trying to figure out a way to secure them. Maybe a strap with a snap or magnet.

What about making the slots open down instead of up and putting them on the inside? Would that work?

lots2do
November 26th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Thanks, everyone, some great ideas here!

Juliet Taylor
November 27th, 2015, 04:44 AM
What about making the slots open down instead of up and putting them on the inside? Would that work?

Actually a friend of mine asked me the same thing: if she'll buy a new phone she wants the exact same thing with a longer zipper. Lol! Guess I'm spoiling her with my handmade gifts :D Buy the way I gifted some and they all started putting the cellphone inside the zipper or inside a pouch and then putting inside their bags in a small pocket. I think it doesn't slide. Don't know what kind of phones are cool over there but here with smartphone and iphone I think it fits just fine :)

Sylvia H
December 12th, 2015, 03:00 PM
These instructions showed up on my FB page today. Just sharing - I haven't made any of them. Quick Fabric Ornaments for Gifts and Your Tree - Quilting Digest (http://quiltingdigest.com/quick-fabric-ornaments-for-gifts-and-your-tree/)

Juliet Taylor
December 13th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Elizabeth Wyatt Sewing Patterns: Stripey Christmas Ornament Hot Pad Tutorial (http://www.ebethwyatt.com/2013/12/stripey-christmas-ornament-hot-pad.html)

Yesterday I made one for a gift and I thought maybe some of you would have liked it :) I think it looks very pretty and this can be made with Christmas/winter/any kind of fabrics :D

Sylvia H
December 15th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Just came across this neat idea for a gift - Christmas, hostess, shower, etc. Has anyone sewn with the solarized liner material?

Fabric Napkin Bread Warmer - Tried & True (http://www.triedandtrueblog.com/fabric-napkin-bread-warmer/#comments)