PDA

View Full Version : Night owl musings

Lightwriter
July 16th, 2015, 01:14 AM
Well, didn't get to sew today...berry picking, green bean gathering and canning said green beans took precedent. Did play a little with Ella B and read more of her book while waiting on the canner. She is still sitting on the kitchen table as to be more convenient than climbing the stairs. She will probably make the trek upstairs this weekend.

Out of town Dr. Appt. today in Durham. I may make a Row by Row run to Raleigh if I am not too late at the Doctor. Getting to a LQS is just a trip for me. If it is too hot I may just forget it and fly back to my little Airconditioned hole in the tree.

Blessings to all and have a good Thursday!j

Simply Quilting
July 16th, 2015, 01:46 AM
I'm sitting here listening to the rain and thunder. Thankfully, I got dh picked up from work and home just before the downpour started. We had a few errands to run before he had to go to work so I just dropped him off at work today. Even with everything that was on the schedule for today, I managed to get a little bit of sewing in today. On some Wednesday nights at church, we have a few minutes between getting snack ready and the children coming to eat, that we can work on a project - sometimes hand sewing or other things. Tonight I turned sewn fabric squares right side out. I actually got done all the ones that I took tonight.

Connie, sounds like you will have some yummy food this winter.

Have a Hoot of a night and don't fall out of the tree everyone :)

stationarymom
July 16th, 2015, 01:52 AM
I went to the hospital tonight with my gf to see her mom she has Pneumonia now plus severe uncontrolled pain from a fracture.I didn't sew because I was out all night.Our weather finally changed and dried out,it has been so muggy here lately.Not much else happening now.

kimsophia
July 16th, 2015, 02:20 AM
Great to hear from you all...my good news is that the a/c is FIXED!!! :D DH is so happy that he cranked it down to 70 degrees...not that is too cold...so when he was asleep I moved it up a little. When I have to wear my flannel nightgown in summer, it's too cold...lol

Now that it is cold inside, I'll be able to work with lapfuls of fabric again! Today I worked in my garden cutting down spent flower stalks while my buddy mowed the lawn. It looked very nice before the rain moved in. When I went to pick him up, it wasn't raining at my house, but it was at his, so we were concerned that he wouldn't be able to mow, but he prayed that God would keep the rain away so he could be a servant and sure enough, it did hold off until he finished :)

Joan, prayers for your friend's mom.

Hulamoon
July 16th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Just watching Master Chef and cutting out batting for a baby blanket.I was going to make a self binding one but I don't have enough backing. Luckily I have some border fabric and the binding I can find in my stash somewhere. How quickly plans change. lol

Simply Quilting
July 16th, 2015, 02:51 AM
TOOCLOSEFORCOMFORT!!! I really do like thunderstorms but some of the lightening that we are having right now is waaaaaaay closer than I like it. It has woken up the children so this could be a looooooooong night.

** I am on the laptop which is not plugged in. The weather is too bad to even think about being on a plugged into the electrical outlet device right now.

sewlucky
July 16th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Lovely rain outside just now. It's so dry around here that we sure need every drop right now. I have been reading book 6 of Outlander today and doing some laundry, but didn't get any sewing in. Maybe tomorrow.

Terri

toggpine
July 16th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Milk is done, but my bowl of ice cream is not.

I managed to finish top-stitching my two aprons. One I did most of for the wedding and the second was a pattern tester before I cut into the 'good' fabric. I like the pattern although it might be a tad long. I may see if I can shorten it for future uses.

The kittens are sneaking out of their pen and out of the barn. I hope they realize that inside @ night is a much better place than out and about. They are pretty fearless, but aren't so sure about that big dog who thinks she is their mother.

I'll finish my dessert and hit the sack. Sleep is a nice thing!

cyndiofthevortex
July 16th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Here I am, up hooting in the middle of the night! Things have been very (and I mean very) stressful around here with a new foster child. By bedtime I am exhausted. I fell right to sleep at 9 pm and now I am up and wide awake. I just finished a piece today with thread painted leaves and have my next three pieces already planned out in my head. Let's see which one beats the others to the front of the pack! My new Janome sews like a dream, so much better than my old Vikings that I can hardly compare them. Instead of dreading the constant thread breaking and screwed up tension I just sit and sew away to my heart's content. What a difference it makes to get a better machine! I traded my old ones in and got a good deal. I'm so happy we made the decision to switch brands and upgrade. I'm having more fun than ever!

The humidity here in the northeast has finally packed it's bags and gone away. Yay for cooler, more comfortable days!

Monique
July 16th, 2015, 05:46 AM
I have been up since 1:30, it's going to be a long day. Hubby was out the door at 4. His sister is having surgery today, they are fusing her ankle. I hope it all goes good for her.