PDA

View Full Version : Back up and almost running

Leah53
July 15th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Well I'm back after 3 months of twiddling my thumbs. Y'all know my sewing shop ended up in disaster but almost all is well now.

Mike took a 2 week vacation, at my insistence, the company paid him for one week after the fact telling him they really appreciate him and his hard work.

He got my shop leveled again, had to rent a back hoe to do it, got my new floor put down, walls painted, bead board wains coating, big screen tv, molding, new ceiling fan, only thing left to do is the ceiling, told him that could wait since I don't spend my time looking at it. The only issue I had was his procrastination, took him 2 weeks to do a 4 day job, he had some help. We had to rent a u-haul trailer to house my stuff because it took him so long, so we spent a small fortune on renting stuff and a small fortune on gas running to Lowe's for one item at a time.

The worst part is, in that 3 months, I've lost my sense of humor, my desire to do anything and several layers of skin from twiddling my thumbs.

The easy part is done now (since he had to do it, not me) now the hard part, unloading all the totes and organizing all the crap I have so don't expect any creative greatness from me for now.

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 15th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Wow, what a disaster you weathered! Hopefully getting to "fondle the fabric" will spark interest and you will once again enjoy your newly rehabbed sewing studio!

Mom23
July 15th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I was just thinking of you today, Leah. I went back to our personal messages to see what you had said was the status of your building. I'm so glad it's almost ready, and I'm sure you will get your mojo back when everything is in it's place. When it's all done be sure and post pictures for us.

K. McEuen
July 15th, 2015, 09:12 PM
took him 2 weeks to do a 4 day job

I'm telling you, it has to be a Mike thing ...

Glad you have at least got your building back, for the most part. The rest will come.

easyquilts
July 15th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Hoping everything goes well from here on..... Good luck getting everything organized... Just thunking of the job ahead of you makes me want to take a nap....a long nap.... Be sure to take pictures, so we can "help".

Leah53
July 15th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Pictures will come when I can see the walls.

Yes Karen, seems to always be a Mike thing, never heard anyone who has a Mike say any different. I was hoping we would have time to do something fun, I never got to leave the house.

Mom, you could always send some of your mojo my way.

Snickeldorfer
July 16th, 2015, 01:36 AM
wish i was in sc so i could help you
missed you here a lot

Simply Quilting
July 16th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Glad that you have your building back. I agree with Jean - once you get back to handling the fabric, I'm sure there are lots of projects that you will be dreaming of doing.

bajasadie
July 16th, 2015, 02:14 AM
You need a trip to see Jenny- she is such a positive, fun person-she'd get you straightened out the fun way! I've been in a funk lately becuz of my dad...he's at his end and it is sad to see him struggle....and extremely difficult on my mom-seeing Jenny was a huge bright star in my little life. It brings me back to a grateful state. Good luck. Prayer....works miracles also.

Leah53
July 16th, 2015, 02:45 AM
bajasadie, so sorry to hear about your Dad, my prayers are with you.

I pray every night that the fabric fairy will appear and make everything right whilst I sleep, God's working on it, I might be next in line.

SallyO'Sews
July 16th, 2015, 10:37 AM
When you're all moved in, just pick up one tiny little project you can do in an hour or so. I'll bet just getting your toes wet will entice you to dive right back in! And yes, please post pics when you're all set up again.

Leah53
July 16th, 2015, 01:00 PM
That's a good common sense plan and like Jean said, when I start fondling the fabric it will bring my mojo back.