PDA

View Full Version : I think I did it and it is Jean Sewing Machines fault! LOL

BobW
July 14th, 2015, 10:36 PM
I have been thinking about upgrading my Janome MC 6260. I'm wanting a bigger harp so I can get into FMQ. The shop I buy my machines from has a Janome MC 6600 with a huge harp. He offered me a trade in that I didn't feel I could refuse. I didn't have my 6260 with me and I live 45 miles from them, so I'm going to swap them out next week when I'm back in the area.

I hope I love the new machine, I have heard from several people that have had one that they were sorry they ever got rid of them.

And just for the heck of it, Jean-Sewing-Machine I hold you responsible for this. You were telling me they had one when we had lunch and how much you loved yours. LOL

irishrn
July 14th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Bob, I too am a Janome 6600 fan and have had mine for about 6 years now!
I can get a king thru the harp with planning. I've had no reason to consider an upgrade!
At my age the machine will probable outlive me! I just had it serviced for the first time since I got it as a new to me DSM.
The bobbin case was broken and the unit was" stuffed" ( per the repairman) with lint and the machine didn't miss a stitch.
I only took it in cause I read on here that you should!!!
I don't do FMQ so I can't speak to that but I just love that walking foot!!!
Have fun!! Congrats!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 14th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Oh, Bob! If that was the one he had when I was there, you need to wipe my drool off of it when you get it! I was soooo close to taking it home with me! I'm sure you are going to love that machine! I can't think of anyone else who better deserves to give this sweet baby a new home!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 14th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Bob, a new sewing machine -- now that's what I call a healthy coping mechanism. Hang in there, friend.

Simply Quilting
July 15th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Bob have fun with your new sewing machine :)

BobW
July 15th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Oh, Bob! If that was the one he had when I was there, you need to wipe my drool off of it when you get it! I was soooo close to taking it home with me! I'm sure you are going to love that machine! I can't think of anyone else who better deserves to give this sweet baby a new home!

I am paying extra for the wipes to clean the drool off! LOL I think I will really love it. I think I will have my longtime companion as far as machines go now. And he made me a deal I just didn't think I could say no to.

I guess this means I need to get the sewing room straightened up and get back to work on piecing quilts. LOL

klgls
July 15th, 2015, 12:54 AM
How wonderful for you!! I love my Janome 6600P!!!

stationarymom
July 15th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Congratulations! on your new machine.I'm sure you will provide the machine a very happy home.

Iris Girl
July 15th, 2015, 05:37 AM
Congrats on the new machine! I am sure you will enjoy it. Can't wait to see your first project!

Snickeldorfer
July 15th, 2015, 10:07 AM
boB fell in love
he already has a new baby
boy sure works fast
hang in there sweet pea

Carrie J
July 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Congrats Bob, just sittin' here grinning for ya! :D Sending a "yeehaw!!" from my neck of the woods!

JaniceR
July 15th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Congratulations Bob! So happy for you!! I hope you have hours and hours and hours of fun with your new machine!!! Quilting really is wonderful therapy.