PDA

View Full Version : My cat played with a visitor.

RiverMomm
July 13th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Little Kitty (aka Monty) + Skunk (aka Stinky) = Interesting day (aka "Is it too early to drink?!?!?")

Nails trimmed: check.
Luke warm water in both sinks: check
Vinegar, baking soda, Dawn soap: check
Lots of towels: check
Treats for before and after the ordeal: check
Cats locked indoors: check
Husband. check

And we have lift off!

All is done, Cat is mostly clean, I am mostly wet and DH has taken his bloody arm downstairs to watch TV in peace.

Carrie J
July 13th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Per Doctor, pull one cork slowly, large globe style wine glass, fave chair, sip slowly, refill!

tnmtgrl
July 13th, 2015, 10:05 PM
That's why I have dogs....but I must say you had me and my DH ROFL....thanks for the giggle!! :icon_rofl:

Lori63
July 13th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Oh poor kitty, I bet he learned a valuable lesson today!

Snickeldorfer
July 13th, 2015, 11:21 PM
my friend had his lab sprayed
off to 7-11 for tomato juice
washed dog
next night dog sprayed
back to 7-11
pulled into parking lot
7-11 clerk came out with two large cans tomato juice
no charge
you aren't allowed back in store
you smell like skunk

Leslie333
July 13th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Been there on the skunk detail for dogs....twice....different dogs. It's no fun, especially when you are wandering the neighborhood asking for hydrogen peroxide from everyone to have enough for the hydrogen peroxide/baking soda/dishwashing detergent wash for a big dog. Oh, and the hubby and son were both out of town the last time it happened so I was on my own. Did I mention the injured skunk was still in the yard and I had to tie up the dog while washing him outside?

tamsterg7
July 13th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Oh, I was doing well until the bloody arm and then I lost it.....sfill giggling!

bubba
July 14th, 2015, 12:09 AM
Me too......

LoveMyMachines
July 14th, 2015, 12:19 AM
I'm rolling! Poor DH. I bet cat like baths about as much as my white Husky that was sprayed years ago. Tomatoe juice doesn't work for white unless they need a dye job!

Snickeldorfer
July 14th, 2015, 12:43 AM
copied from the internet - that means it is true and free

How to Wash the Cat

Thoroughly clean the toilet.
Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.
Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape).
CAUTION!!!!!
Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.
Flush the toilet three or four times.
Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.
Sincerely,
The DOG

Amy R
July 14th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Oh dear hehe. Hope all get past this ordeal!

As for the wine, forget the glass, just chug it!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 14th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Not funny, but hilarious to think about! Poor kitty! Poor owners! May DH's wounds heal quickly.

irishrn
July 14th, 2015, 10:30 AM
OMG that was hysterical! I don't own cats and never had a dog sprayed but after reading this I'm so grateful!!!
Wine is the reward for now but you need a spa day!!!

RiverMomm
July 14th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Little Kitty now has a slight aroma of skunk with over tones of vinegar.

And my other cat, who has 40% vision loss, thinks a new cat has moved into the house was hissing and spitting after he saw Little Kitty after the bath. "Big Kitty" relies on smell and sort of sight. Well, Little Kitty looked different (wet, sad) and smelled different (Skunk, Dawn soap and vinegar), so I can see Big Kitty's point.

And Hubby's arm looks better this morning. Only two scratches.

"Big Kitty" is Cesar and "Little Kitty" is Monty. Big Kitty weighs 18 pounds compared to the other cat who is 10 lbs (soaking wet . . . LOL-sorry, I couldn't resist)