PDA

View Full Version : My last day.....

shermur
July 13th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Hubby and DD left for Maryland last Thursday (Frederick County area)....they'll be home tomorrow.

The first night seemed odd being by myself and being that way for 6 days. I had planned to get a whole lot done, since there wouldn't be any interuptions. Guess what? Not so, I started missing them Saturday and worried about them traveling on the highways, praying for their safety.

I attempted to sew/quilt, organize and finish ALL the unpacking that is left. 2.5 rooms got done and there's still plenty to do. I guess I just appreciated the quiet and freedom of doing nothing. I did get the car detailed...woo hoo (way long over-due). And since my boss was on vacation all last week, my mind was in constant over-load of tasks pertaining to work. I couldn't concentrate on any creativity....

It just goes to show...the grass isn't always greener on the other side when you love your family more than you know. I'll be over-joyed when they return home tomorrow.....

sewluvit
July 13th, 2015, 09:20 PM
I know exactly what you mean Sherri. As much as you look forward to alone time it gets old and you miss your people!

shermur
July 13th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Yes, sewluvit...you are correct. And what do you want to bet, I will feel a sting of regret for not taking advantage of the time I had?

K. McEuen
July 13th, 2015, 09:40 PM
Well, I'm glad you are just missing your family. From your post title I thought you had lost your job again!

shermur
July 13th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Yikes, Karen...heaven forebid. It took me too long to get the one I have. An update for the new job......the company is paying for three computer classes to refresh and further my computer efficency. It's going very well.....and I'm not stressed.

Snickeldorfer
July 13th, 2015, 11:23 PM
may i chime in and say whew

that means i'm on your side

bubba
July 13th, 2015, 11:30 PM
I too thought what Karen said!!!