PDA

View Full Version : Update on finger:)

RFREE
July 12th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Ok the finger is fine after soaking in peroxide,epsome salts and bleach water several times. Hardly sore at all. Swelling down feels great..... Now the bad news...

My right upper arm has been hurting me the past 2 days like hurts to extend it or twist it. Kinda like something is pulling in there. Keep in mind this isn't the side I drilled in.lol

Kept this to myself for 2 days. I got up this morning and there is about a 8 inch streak? Bruise running from a bruise I have had for 2 days. Me being a nurse think hmmm "Bloodclot"? Follows the vein down to the antecubital part of my arm and my arm HURTS! Oh boy here we go!!!

Showed DH he flips out so does DD. Load up go to Dr. Who can afford the ER anymore?? Thank god they were open.
Dr. takes a look sais yes it could be a blood clot but will treat like it is superficial phlebitis. Don't look deep vein right now but could be if I'm not careful. Orders me a blood thinner makes me an appointment for an ultrasound in the morning,no lifting,don't hit the area,don't rub it,heat pack if I need it and ibuprofen 600 b.i.d. and sends me home.Thank god I thought I would end up in the hospital.

When it rains it pours!!!
We will see what tomorrow brings:)

KPH
July 12th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Be careful! Sending good thoughts and healing prayers.

shirleyknot
July 12th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Geeze! Get off that suicide train, girl! :icon_scared: :icon_eek:

Sonic
July 12th, 2015, 10:20 PM
You're a walking band-aid! Welcome to the club...:D

Praying all goes well tomorrow with the us.

mommamarsh
July 12th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Oh no ! Let me know if I can do anything for you . Hope you feel better very,very soon. Hugs !

Jean Sewing Machine
July 12th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Good grief, girl! Take care of yourself! hope this gets resolved quickly!

songbird857
July 12th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Ugh... those hurt! Hope you're feeling better soon :)

MRoy
July 12th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Oh Rhonda, I'm glad you went to the doctor quickly! DH had pain in his leg several years ago and he thought he'd strained a muscle. When I finally convinced him to see a doctor he had a DVT and was hospitalized on blood thinners for a week. Further testing showed he has a genetic disorder that caused his blood to clot when it shouldn't. He takes blood thinner daily now.

redcaboose1717
July 13th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Blood clots aren't fun....I was diagnosed with one last winter ( in my arm ) and now every time the arm ( it's my left arm ) gets a tingly feeling ...( sort of feels like it does when your arm or leg is asleep ) I get all uptight etc. I was hospitalized for 10 weeks for this, not to mention my kidneys stopped functioning due to the contrast dye I was given for a CT-scan that my primary Dr. was soooo insistent I needed to have ( not related to the blood clot diagnosis ) ...and so, I was a hot mess from November 2014 to late February early March this year....So yeah, like I was saying, I get that "arms asleep feeling" and boy, I really get antsy now.

Hope all goes well....keep us posted ...Prayers going out for you !

( Needless to say, the CT-scan / Contrast Dye...was actually "not needed"....grrrr......)

Simply Quilting
July 13th, 2015, 12:46 AM
I hope everything gets cleared up quickly.

Bubby
July 13th, 2015, 01:49 AM
I hate to hear this, Rhonda. I hope the blood thinner does it's job and if it's a clot it dissolves. You really messed your hand up, Hon. Be careful. I know you will keep an eagle eye on it. (((HUGS)))

stationarymom
July 13th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Ouch!! Rhonda please take good care of yourself and let us know how things are going.I'm sending prayers for fast healing.

irishrn
July 13th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Rhonda! I know we nurses are stubborn as can be but be careful!! Hot packs are beneficial. Even if it's superficial it needs your attention.
I got it in my arm after several days of IV RX when I has MRSA. It's not fun, so be careful!!
Let us know how you're doing. HUGS!!

Amy R
July 13th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Oh Rhonda hope all is well soon. *hugs* and prayers!

Andrea F
July 13th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Oh dear, hope the blood thinner works quickly and you'll be well soon. Take care of yourself!

Marebear
July 13th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for a quick recovery!!

rebeccas-sewing
July 13th, 2015, 09:57 AM
I'm so glad to hear your finger is feeling lots better, Rhonda. How bizarre to have this other issue at the same time. I'm glad you got your behind in to see the doc. Keep us posted.

SallyO'Sews
July 13th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Oh, goodness, Rhonda! Praying for an accurate diagnosis and speedy recovery.
And please put your seat belt on for the ride home from the hospital! :icon_shake:

laura44
July 13th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Hope everything gets cleared up fast. I'm glad you went to
the doctor. Feel better soon!

SuzyQue
July 13th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Good news---fingers better and you saw a Dr. ......Bad news---it took another situation to get you there and this could be serious, too. Prayers for a full recovery for you! Listen and follow those Dr's orders! Rest and relax and take it easy!

GuitarGramma
July 13th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Paying for a quick healing for you, Rhonda!

RFREE
July 14th, 2015, 12:37 AM
Thanks everybody for all the thoughts and prayers. Had the ultrasound today and no sign of blood clot!! But the Doc wants to keep me on the thinners for a week in case it decides to turn into one. He's right... Something has got that vein all agrrivated. Arm looks better and feels better too!! I got my tetanus too. I have to admit it takes alot to get me scared but a blood clot is nothing to mess with.
Suicide train OMG that cracked me up!!! You guys are the best.
Have a great night.
Hugs from Calamity Jane!!!!

GuitarGramma
July 14th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Just saw that I'd be "paying" for your recovery. I guess you'd better send me the bill. :icon_rofl:

In the meantime, I'll be praying for your healing! And that's no laughing matter!

RFREE
July 14th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Just saw that I'd be "paying" for your recovery. I guess you'd better send me the bill. :icon_rofl:

In the meantime, I'll be praying for your healing! And that's no laughing matter!

Oh yea now your talking GuitarGramma. I will get that in the mail right away!!!!
Thank you sewwwww much!!! LOL..