PDA

View Full Version : Sunday greetings

Ginny B
July 12th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone. Beautiful morning. We had a nice day yesterday. A few hours visiting with two of my sons and then dinner last night with hubby's stickball buddies and their wives. He had a good time.

Heading to the beach now so everyone have a terrific day.

Snickeldorfer
July 12th, 2015, 09:51 AM
see, here you are sitting here all by yourself again, so i'll join you a bit
have a question, are your shins bruised today or did you avoid playing with sticks
it poured down rain here yesterday so i was forced to spend the day sewing
lucky that hubby told me last night, lets do the same tomorrow, so little does he
know i'll take him up on that idea
wonder who is going to feed us

isn't life fun

Leslie333
July 12th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Good morning! It's rainy here today so may have to stay trapped inside and sew. Oh, darn. :D I want to make a mini NCW today and it will be my first time trying one of these. Something tells me it would be easier to do the mini if I made one of the original sized ones first, but I've read through the pattern twice so maybe that will work. Hope everyone has a nice day!

MRoy
July 12th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Good morning! I'm looking out the front door at black clouds and hearing the rumble of thunder. We've already had a thunderstorm and it looks like another one is rolling in. Tomorrow is supposed to be stormier than today. Geeeeezzzzz! I'm so sick of rain. For those needing it, I wish I could send you what we're getting because we sure don't need it now.

I'd like to be quilting, but with thunder and lightening that's not a good idea. I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

Grandma Nan
July 12th, 2015, 11:34 AM
good morning everyone. Up here in the great white north it is a beautiful day. Sun is shining and the humidity is gone for now. I do have to go to the sewing room for a while today. I am taking a class tomorrow at a LQS and I need to get my fabric and sewing supplies, machine etc prepped for the class. The quilt is called Samurai Squares

https://www.cozyquilt.com/aspx/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=460

I really should be finishing up some UFO's rather than starting something new but what the heck- my motto is to take all opportunities to expand your quilting knowledge. Right? I can also pick up a couple more Row by Row products on the way so its all good.

Have a wonderful smiley day.

Iris Girl
July 12th, 2015, 11:49 AM
This weekend was time to clean house, we zipped through vacuuming and flea spraying yesterday and mopped this morning. Gave Kitty a bath and run all the laundry. Now to relax. I think I may make an appliance cover for the tea machine today. Its sunny and will be warm again today.

buckeyequilter
July 12th, 2015, 11:54 AM

Good morning....

Reminds me of my house, however, it's usually the cat that starts it - whatever it may be.

Today I'm doing some laundry and getting back in my sewing room. I have a couple of pillowcases to get done.

Haven't sewn anything this weekend. I decided I wanted a different vehicle, so Friday night we went out looking around. Went and got one on Saturday. My daughter needed a different car and has been all over the area looking for one and finally came flying into the dealership I was at and got the one she wanted. She knew I was there and knew she needed a co-signer...so she got her car too.

Well off to get dressed and finish those pillowcases. Have a great day!

JCY
July 12th, 2015, 12:13 PM
A sunny morning in Colorado. It's supposed to be in the 90's again. It was 97 yest. We got our new swamp cooler installed just in the nick of the time. The tech. came on his Sat. off at 9:00 to do the installation. A really great guy who did a good job. Our 27 y.o. unit died last Sun. Fortunately, we had cooler weather most of last week, so we were comfortable without it for a few days.

DH continues to cope with the pain & trauma of this Moh's surgery & nose reconstruction, which was done on Thurs. the 9th. He's bruised around both eyes & near his mouth, & has swelling of his nose--he can hardly breathe--and in his L. cheek, clear down to his chin. His upper lip also is puffy, which affects his speech & eating. He's continuing to use ice every hr. If we had known ahead of time how traumatic this would be, we might have chosen a different procedure for the repair. I'm taking pics every day to track his progress. I do the dressing change twice daily. Yest. at bedtime he was so miserable. I had to say, I'm sorry, I can't fix it. I broke down & cried. I feel so bad for him. He feels like the dr. butchered him. But after reading about it on line, this really was the recommended procedure. Say some prayers for him, please.

I'm staying home from church today. DH didn't want to be left alone. Maybe I'll get some sewing done today.

Dollyquilts
July 12th, 2015, 12:46 PM
JCY, hope hubby feels better soon. That sounds like a very traumatic surgery. Prayers on the wing for him and you. I know how sad his pain makes you feel.

Snickeldorfer
July 12th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Haven't sewn anything this weekend. I decided I wanted a different vehicle, so Friday night we went out looking around. Went and got one on Saturday. My daughter needed a different car and has been all over the area looking for one and finally came flying into the dealership I was at and got the one she wanted. She knew I was there and knew she needed a co-signer...so she got her car too.

Well off to get dressed and finish those pillowcases. Have a great day!

judge judy says don't tell me what she knew
and how is it naked people post on this forum

Ginny B
July 12th, 2015, 09:17 PM
LOL Snickeldorfer. No sticks were involved last night. Just food.

lilamath
July 13th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Had an afternoon of sewing planned as we had a nice rain this morning. About 1:30 we had some thunder and lightning. Ugh! The electricity went out. It finally came back on at 6:30 in the evening. We had a late lunch of grilled pork chops and cooked the rest of the dinner using the gas stove in the camper. The internet never did recover yesterday. Everything is back to normal today - could get a few more sprinkles this morning. Have a great Monday!