PDA

View Full Version : Quilting Pins Hurt!

Longstocking
July 11th, 2015, 10:56 PM
Yes, sort of about quilting, but not really at all. Just had to share a funny (now) story. I have those long flat flower pins (does anyone know what I'm talking about?) Earlier I had my quilt up on a frame pulling pins out of it that I was just sticking in there until I put them away. My 3 year old daughter was playing with them. This evening I have the quilt off the frame and I'm doing some work with it spread on my lap. My daughter comes in and grabs one of the pins sitting on my table and stuck it in the quilt all the way into my leg! I screamed and all see says is, 'oops'. I believe she thought she was just sticking the pin in the quilt. Oh man that hurt! I was yelling when my husband walks in and he just busts up laughing, thanks for the sympathy, but I do see the humor in this 2 inch long pin stuck in my leg. Oh goodness, it hurts, aren't kids so helpful?

jjkaiser
July 12th, 2015, 12:14 AM
That's why Wonder Clips were invented. Maybe you should get some

Hulamoon
July 12th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Or basting glue :lol:

Sorry about your owie. I kneeled on the floor one tme and it went through my knee. It's like a paper cut, hurts more than it looks.

Pandabear
July 12th, 2015, 12:46 AM
Yup they hurt like the devil. Sorry you got stuck.

Have a cookie. It helps :)

SewnByBee
July 12th, 2015, 01:02 AM
This is what kids a for, alot of pain and suttering and a little laghfter. Me oh my, we love them inspite of the pain they inflict upon us.

rebeccas-sewing
July 12th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Maybe it's a wake-up call that the age of three is a bit early to start allowing a child access to pins. Consider if she accidentally should swallow one or poke herself in the eye. Just a heads up.

Andrea F
July 12th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Oh, I'm sorry, it's kind of funny though. Hope it doesn't hurt any more. They really are so helpful. :)

Vonnie
July 12th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Yikes! Ouch!

When my youngest was that age, he fell in love with my seam ripper. No matter where I hid it, he found it! Used the point to practice writing on antique furniture, use the ripper part to rip holes in his brand new mickey mouse sheets so the sheet would not be so snug around his feet, the list goes on and on. Oh yea, he found my scissors and trimmed the ears off his bunny that grandma made him because he needed a harecut! I am so fortunate that he never injured himself with the scissors or seam ripper. And if you're wondering why I was not watching him close enough - he always waited until we were asleep to do this stuff. Every parent learns just how sneaky children can be. The fun part for me was retelling him what I could remember about his antics - he's 25 now and he was really appalled that he was "so mean"! Another reason for telling him was in case he is ever a parent and has a kid just like him.

I have those flat flower pins and they really hurt when you get stuck by them and my main worry has always been not to get blood on my quilt!

Snickeldorfer
July 12th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Yikes! Ouch!

When my youngest was that age, he fell in love with my seam ripper. No matter where I hid it, he found it! Used the point to practice writing on antique furniture, use the ripper part to rip holes in his brand new mickey mouse sheets so the sheet would not be so snug around his feet, the list goes on and on. Oh yea, he found my scissors and trimmed the ears off his bunny that grandma made him because he needed a harecut! I am so fortunate that he never injured himself with the scissors or seam ripper. And if you're wondering why I was not watching him close enough - he always waited until we were asleep to do this stuff. Every parent learns just how sneaky children can be. The fun part for me was retelling him what I could remember about his antics - he's 25 now and he was really appalled that he was "so mean"! Another reason for telling him was in case he is ever a parent and has a kid just like him.

I have those flat flower pins and they really hurt when you get stuck by them and my main worry has always been not to get blood on my quilt!

is your son a butcher now?

Learner quilter
July 12th, 2015, 09:45 AM
The flower pins are definately sharper than normal pins. Ouch....

GrammaBabs
July 12th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I feel your pain.... no matter how many times i'm at my friends sewing room on Tuesday, using her pins... i always manage to "stick me"... and it shocks me EVERY TIME!!! I'm a slow learner...:))

bubba
July 12th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Unbeknownst to me, when Tyler was about two years old, his mom and aunt told him to go into the living room and bite me!!! He did right on my forearm! Needless to say, I bit him back and he never did that again. It was then I heard the two of them in the other room gasping and saying 'she big him back!!!' Had I known they put him up to it, I would have bitten them instead!