PDA

View Full Version : Did I, or didn't I?

easyquilts
July 11th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Just put two loaves of rRaisin Cibnnzmon bread into the oven....I can't remember whether or not I out the cinnamon in the dough.... There is dark brown sugar in there, and real butter...plus LOTS of raisins.... Maybe it won't matter. For Pete's sake! I usually mark ingredients off, as I use them, but was in a hurry, and forgot yo do so...

irishrn
July 11th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Hope it comes out good for you!!!

Amy R
July 11th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Oops!! that sounds so good either way. Can always sprinkle some cinnamon on the slices later!

stitchwishes
July 11th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Just mix up some cinnamon sugar butter if you did forget. Mmm! That bread will be delicious even if you did forget! There is nothing better than a slice of toasted raisin bread :)

As for me, I burned two nice lamb shanks last night by forgetting to close the valve on the pressure cooker. Water boiled away, just barely managed to save them. The soy sauce and mirin I added had burned to a charred syrup. I had to clean the pot and pressure cook them so they'd be tender.

Hulamoon
July 11th, 2015, 08:34 PM
Well, when I worked at the hotel I made a huge batch of cheese cake and forgot the sugar!

I caught it though and did I feel stupid!

SewnByBee
July 11th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I believe I cam smell that bread from here, yuuuuuummm. That sounds real good right now !!!

Midge
July 11th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Sandy, if you don't want them without the cinnamon I can take them off your hands. I know, a real sacrifice. :lol:

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 11th, 2015, 11:03 PM
I made raisin scones today, & forgot the raisins :)

Andrea F
July 12th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Sounds yummy and I don't like cinnamon anyway. Once, I made a chocolate hazelnut cake for us from a recipe I've done literally hundreds of times. It's a recipe from my granny and all my boys love it. I put everything in the dough and it seemed to be okay. When it was cooked, it had a funny consistency, very soft and nothing cake like. Hubby liked it and ate it. It took me a few days to realize what was wrong with it. I forgot the flour!

rebeccas-sewing
July 12th, 2015, 06:16 AM
If not, you can alway toast it and add butter with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I bet it will be delicious even if you left it out.

Iris Girl
July 12th, 2015, 06:37 AM
I made a pumpkin pie one year fgor Thanksgiving and forgot the sugar. (obviously I was interupted at that step) Well the kids and hubby will not ever let me live that down...LOL

Carol336
July 12th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Inquiring minds want to know.....did it have cinnamon or not