PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Ginny B
July 11th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Good morning all. Looks like a nice day out there. Slept pretty well last night with the exception of the part where some eejit set off fireworks at 4 a.m. Scared the heck out of me!

We have a dinner to go to this evening in Staten Island. DH plays stickball with a bunch of guys he grew up with. They decided to meet for dinner (wives included). I don't know any of these people so wish me luck. I am a bit shy in this type of social situation. We will go into Brooklyn first though and have a little visit with my sons and then head over the bridge to S.I.

Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers, hugs and good thoughts to those that need them especially our May and Bob.

Snickeldorfer
July 11th, 2015, 10:20 AM
i didn't like seeing you here all by your self so i'm going to tell you my outdoor plans were ruined because i got up to lots and lots of rain, so i'm going to be forced to do nothing but sew today yeah

Carrie J
July 11th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Morning All!

LOL, Hey Snick, heart bleeds for ya! LOL!

Workaday here, lotsa sunshine and along with that........humidity! Glad I'll be in the A/C, unfortunately not at the sewing machine! Off to get ready, hope everyone has a great day/weekend! :D

Claire Hallman
July 11th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Today is my guild sit and sew day, Yippee! Then a trip to Hobby Lobby, more fun.

Grandma Nan
July 11th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Hi folks
Haven't been around too much for a while. I am trying hard to spend less time on the computer. It was eating up a lot of my day so I do see some of the postings but I limit my time. Trying to get healthier so using my computer time to walk each day but still sewing.

I am collecting the row by row patterns but have not put together any of the rows yet. I am trying to find a couple of vertical rows to mix in and most of the shops around here have horizonal but I think next week we may go further afield and find some verticals. Having lots of fun with this and seeing lots of shops.

Today not sure what will happen, nothing too much or exciting. Need to weed the back garden and get some groceries and then go see my Dad for a bit. I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant weekend.

Simply Quilting
July 11th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Good Morning! Our oldest boy has a birthday today - turns 14. Not sure exactly what we will be doing to celebrate. Usually Grandpa and Grandma come down to take the family out for lunch. But with Grandma still recovering from surgery not sure if they will be down.

We picked up the boys from church camp yesterday. They had a wonderful time even though it was cold and wet several days. DD enjoyed her visit to grandparents. We did make a stop at Hamilton on the way home. I shopped a short while DH and the children ate lunch. I found and bought the fabric that I want to use to make the Four Patch Star. Then we all came home and napped/relaxed for the rest of the day.

Hugs to those who need them and continued prayers for May and Bob.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)

SewnByBee
July 11th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I got Mail , my new fabrics are gorgeous !!! So pround of them .Ithink they play well together.Now the right patterns I still need a
pattern for a tabletopper and pot holders , thought about doing quaderfoil? I dont remember what size Blocks they make, do you?
Have a gtate day.
GnnyB. I always feel that way too, and it always goes fine, have a good time !!!!!!

Blondie
July 11th, 2015, 01:02 PM
HowdyDo, Folksies

I normally don't do computer stuff on the weekend but have been on early, then work, now will be back and forth on it fwding our May's address for all who wish to send her a card and positive thoughts and prayers.

Genny, I don't know about stickball. Hope y'all have some good insurance! I would be hard pressed to do more physical activity than hanging clothes out - that is my exercise! And I KNOW that not one person here would believe me, but, I don't do well in groups of people that I am unfamiliar with. I don't even do well shopping because I am so uncomfortable around groups of people. I am sure there is something wrong with me, but, I choose to think it is that because of so many freaks and geeks. I can choose to flip a page on the internet for that. Sigh.

Snicker, I sure hope you don't drown in all that rain. Most likely you should lather up some soap and stand out in it so you can get your weekly bath. JK - naw, not me.

Everyone behave and enjoy your day! SMILE!!!

the above is what I just might do later on. And this little one looks JUST LIKE MY SISTER when she was that age. In fact, at first when I found it online, I thought it was! hehehe. Cheers!

CraftyJnet
July 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Happy Saturday all!
My best friend and I are 'teaching' each other to sew. Spent all day yesterday with her. Showed her how to cut some squares for a quilt, she showed me how to sew a shopping bag, we talked ALOT, shopped of course. I broke my threat not to buy any more fabric until I used up all I had - found some super cute Christmas fabric on sale. We talked about it and decided I should learn how to make potholder gloves so I will, then I'll teach her next time we get together.

No idea what today holds but I hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday!