PDA

View Full Version : Smurfy mushroom!

bec
July 11th, 2015, 02:45 AM
All the rain has our yard full of mushrooms of different colors of browns, yellows, reds, and oranges, but this is the first time I've ever seen a blue mushroom! This photo is not exagerated. It was actually that bright!

Hulamoon
July 11th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Oh my. Is that poisonous or ?? lol

rebeccas-sewing
July 11th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Psychodelic mushrooms - cool!

bec
July 11th, 2015, 03:01 AM
Oh my. Is that poisonous or ?? lol

I thought sure it would be poisonous! I looked it up and I think it is an Indigo Milk mushroom. The info said that it was edible and that markets in China, Mexico, and other Central and South American countries sell them. I'm not about to try it though. lol

rebeccas-sewing
July 11th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Nor would I. Hey, maybe you can grow a crop and sell them as a delicacy. Feed it to a rat first and see if it survives. OMG, I'm so mean today. Sitting here waiting for the homeowners to pay a visit. I've been cleaning and preparing for a week. Must be the cause of my feistiness.

Andrea F
July 11th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Oh wow, they look like someone painted them. I wouldn't try to eat them either.

Granny Fran
July 11th, 2015, 09:26 AM
I thought sure it would be poisonous! I looked it up and I think it is an Indigo Milk mushroom. The info said that it was edible and that markets in China, Mexico, and other Central and South American countries sell them. I'm not about to try it though. lol

Exactly where do you live that the spores traveled that far?????

Love the Smurf Mushroom.

Carrie J
July 11th, 2015, 09:29 AM
So much rain, even the "shrooms are turning blue! LOL!

bec
July 11th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Exactly where do you live that the spores traveled that far?????

Love the Smurf Mushroom.

LOL! Actually, according to what I've read they are found in Eastern and Southern North America and in Central and South America and in some parts of Asia. Even though it is edible, some say it is not that desirable and say it has a bitter, peppery taste.

But it is pretty to look at. :)