PDA

View Full Version : 4 days

Julie Tweed
October 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Till I can get my new sewing machine...Think I feel a sickie coming on to stay home and play...:icon_heh::icon_heh:

Thought you all should know..:D

Cheers Julie...

Monique
October 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Good for you.

sally
October 19th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Julie you are SEW lucky! I found a machine I love (onsale too!)I but can't convince DH that I really really need to upgrade. For gosh sakes I am using a basic Kenmore circa 1993. It doesn't even have dropdown feeddogs. It has a plate that I tape on! Any suggestions on how to convince my man that we should spend the money.

bakermom
October 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Till I can get my new sewing machine...Think I feel a sickie coming on to stay home and play...:icon_heh::icon_heh:

Thought you all should know..:D

Cheers Julie...

Ya know, I thought you were looking a bit under the weather. A cup of hot tea, a stack of fabric, and oh yes, a new sewing machine should make you feel better!

Sandy Navas
October 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Shauna, it's easy. Just tell him you have turned in your notice at work and will be 'retiring' in two weeks. After he blows his cool he'll be up to just about anything!!

Julie Tweed
October 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I told my hubby the things I made with my old machine paid for it.( craft stalls friends buying from me) With a better machine I can make better things and ask for more. Machine will pay for itself in a short space of time..:-) Which I honestly hope to be true...but if it takes a wee while...I'll not complain..:-)
Plus it is going to save a fortune on Christmas gifts (for other people) this year...which he REALLY liked the idea of.. And as I have saved most of the money myself...the little bit he added on top will be an early Christmas from him to me..

All good no matter what way you look at it...how could he say no..:D

Cheers
Julie

middlesis1966
October 19th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hmmm Shauna distract him with your feminine whiles and he wont even notice a new machine, lol! Ok my next comments are rated XXX so I will leave the rest up to you, lol!
Julie I hope you feel better soon, lol. That sewing bug can hang on for awhile!

debinmalaga
October 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Julie, what kind of machine are you getting?

I'm a BIG fan of planned illness :-).

bec
October 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Oh Yay! Julie, I agree with Bakermom. You do look a little pale. You need to cover up with a nice quilt...(that you are FMQuilting)! lol!

Shauna, seems like whenever I want something, I ask, nag, whatever you want to call it for a while and then I concede and say...Well, you're probably right. Then the next thing I know DH has taken the idea and runs with it as if it were his idea. I just let him think it was. I think it is a control issue. I learned that trick a long time ago and I usually end up getting what I want. :)

Added note: It doesn't hurt to throw in some feminine wiles that Paula was talking about. :icon_hug:

Julie Tweed
October 20th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Julie, what kind of machine are you getting?

I'm getting a Janome XL601...with accessories extension table walking foot stitch in the ditch foot..etc..so apart from the odd thing...no extras to get. :)

Cheers
Julie