PDA

View Full Version : I am wounded!!!!!

bubba
July 10th, 2015, 01:42 PM
So I went and had a pedicure yesterday so my toes would be beautiful and sparkly as I walk around Sisters tomorrow admiring the quilts. I woke up to great pain on the side of my big toe and when I looked there is an area about 3/4" long and 1/2" wide that is raw!!!! Guessing it was done during the pedicure and why it did not hurt till this morning, I have no clue! MM cut a hole out of some mole skin, I put that, Neosporin and a bandaid over it and it still hurts.....bad!!!!

Oh, and it's on my already gimpy foot which was actually feeling pretty good, but now it's got my limp off and it hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

songbird857
July 10th, 2015, 01:51 PM
:( Hope you feel better soon so you can walk around pain free!

CraftHer
July 10th, 2015, 01:52 PM
So sorry this happened! How awful that a treat like a pedicure should wound you :(

For raw spots and blisters, I use Band-aid advanced healing band-aids. You leave them on for a few days. It really helps it heal and cushions it a little. Then, I would put the mold skin over that. Then I would probably whine and moan until I get the appropriate attention :)

Here's what the Band-aids look like. You can get them anywhere.
Amazon.com: Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages, Advanced Healing Blister Cushions, Multi-Day Protection, 6-Count Boxes (Pack of 6): Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Band-Aid-Adhesive-Bandages-Multi-Day-Protection/dp/B001E96LIG)

Hope you heal soon.

bajasadie
July 10th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Hi, sorry about your toe....those dang pedicures :( I have a bad (ugly) toe nail from a pedicure....my doctor says Lamisil has too many side effects so she doesn't want me to use it...I'm tempted becuz I'm so tired of my ugly toe nail-but I keep going back getting pedicures. BUT more important, I was thinking about going to Sisters this wknd, please tell me more about it. it's a 7 hour drive for me, have never been but really could go if I knew it was worth the drive. thanks! Hope your toe feels better.

lynnl55
July 10th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Getting your nails cut by a podiatrist...and someone capable to do the paint is a better scenario !

Suzette
July 10th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I have known more than one person to pick up a fungal infection from getting pedicures. Pure Tea Tree oil works wonderful for this. A few applications to the affected area daily for three or four days usually does the trick. But do your own research and see what you think. :icon_bigsmile:

Side note: tea tree oil is perfectly safe if applied externally but it should never be ingested and make sure your animals don't lick at it either.

FabStripper
July 10th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Hi, sorry about your toe....those dang pedicures :( I have a bad (ugly) toe nail from a pedicure....my doctor says Lamisil has too many side effects so she doesn't want me to use it...I'm tempted becuz I'm so tired of my ugly toe nail-but I keep going back getting pedicures. BUT more important, I was thinking about going to Sisters this wknd, please tell me more about it. it's a 7 hour drive for me, have never been but really could go if I knew it was worth the drive. thanks! Hope your toe feels better.

I took lamicil and it didn't work for my toes. I heard that if you put tea tree oil (100% that I found at the pharmacy) and Vicks vaporub on the toenails it help. And I swear it worked so fast for me. I suffered with those ugly nails for at least 20 years and within two months my nails were growing out beautiful and even straight in my toes. It was strange. I put the teatree oil on with a q-tip and put it on at night and wore socks. Then in the morning I put Vicks on with another q-tip. I put them both all over the nails and the cuticals. But you have to use the name brand Vicks for some reason.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Sisters is wonderful, but lodging is at a premium around there. You will have so much eye candy to take in! What I like about the quilts that are on display is that they are beautiful and well done, but many are done by just regular quilters, not the high paid quilt artists that you see at the big shows. I got much more inspiration for future projects from the a Sisters quilts than I did viewing quilts at Paducah. The Stitching Post fabric store sponsors it, Jean Wells and her daughter Valori Wells are the gals who initially sponsored it. Go to their shop for sure for wonderful fabrics! Go down to the 3 Creeks Lodge ( or Cedars, I can't remember exactly) for more quilts on their lovely grounds. Hope you get to go. I'm dying because I'm in St. Louis and not there, my brother and sister are in Oregon this weekend, but not in Sisters. My sister and her husband have a vacation place just north of Sisters.

CraftHer
July 10th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I had a bad fungal infection on my big toe nail. Tried a prescription and it was too hard on my liver (not worth it). Tried an over the counter anti-fungal and it didn't work (actually seemed to be making it worse). Then I used tea tree oil every morning and night. I did put a band-aid over it (partially to keep my toe nail on). I did loose the toe nail (sounds painful, but it wasn't at all). The new nail grew in perfect. I used it for about 3 months until the new nail grew in and then a little while longer :) I got the tea tree oil at Whole Foods.

Snickeldorfer
July 10th, 2015, 06:43 PM
my podiatrist shook his head and said to buy stock in vicks

and to watch the pedicurist and make sure the tools were sterilized

Claire OneStitchAtATime
July 10th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Feel better, Bubba!

Blondie
July 10th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Because I am so non PC, and I DO feel your pain, I have to share this with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYvCa7nSoA

bubba
July 10th, 2015, 08:16 PM
This is NOT my toenail, it is on the bottom of my toe! I was reading my kindle and was so engrossed I felt no pain at the time. We are only to lake oswego! Three hours to go!

easyquilts
July 10th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Maybe you should have it looked at...... Be careful to keep the would very clean....

bubba
July 11th, 2015, 12:49 AM
I am. Have a moleskin, neosporin and a bandaid on it. We are the middle of nowhere!

K. McEuen
July 11th, 2015, 01:00 AM
They must have shaved a bit too deep when removing a callous?

I ordered some tea tree oil today. We shall see if it works on my ugly toenail. I get tired of filing the thing down. No pedicures for me, I hate people messing with my feet.

mpattylou
July 11th, 2015, 01:21 AM
No more pedicures for me....1st and last one was 10 years ago and made my feet so sore....I don't need pain in my feet. Now I am fighting a fungal infection in my big toe. Did 3 mos of lamicil...now using OTC fungicure. New nail is growing out, but by time it does, I will have lived with an ugly toe nail for close to a year. I am going to get some tea tree oil to have on hand...already have the vicks....for next time I get one (if ever). Next time I will know what to look for and won't let it get so bad before treating it.

Andrea F
July 11th, 2015, 06:38 AM
I hope it heals quickly and stops hurting. I never had a pedicure. I can't stand strange people touch my feet or anything else of me, so no massages for me either.