PDA

View Full Version : USPS question

Hulamoon
July 10th, 2015, 12:29 PM
I want to try a pick up because I have several heavy boxes. If I print out the addys and it's not the same date as my pick up date does it matter? I saw somwhere it does.

auntiemern
July 10th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Yes it does. The PO expects you to ship the same date as the label. If you know the actual date ahead of time you can put that date in instead....some PO's won't take packages that have earlier dates on them.

Hulamoon
July 10th, 2015, 04:13 PM
I didn't know you could change to a future date. I guess you have to rely on your carrier a little bit too. Thanks!

FabStripper
July 10th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Can you call you local post office to see how they work this? This is a great idea for heavy boxes.

Kgrammiecaz
July 10th, 2015, 04:45 PM
If you are doing the labels online, you can choose the date you are shipping. Then put in for a pickup on that date. I use it many times, works great.

Hulamoon
July 10th, 2015, 04:58 PM
That's good to hear. When I was selling online I was at The PO a lot! I didn't mind because the market is next door. But I saw people come in with huge boxes and it would take them four or five times to come in, stack, wait and then get them on the counter. I want to avoid that!