PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Blondie
July 10th, 2015, 06:35 AM

Hello and Happy Friday, Folksies

I had many things planned to begin, continue and finish yesterday but guess what happened? No. Not another insect sting. Thankfully no other Thunder Road type of dragnets on The Hill. No, I did not hear or see The Bear on The Hill.
After a very short day at work, I came home and took a nap. An honest to goodness lie on the sofa, sleeping with my mouth wide open, Gracie snuggled with me nap.

That's all. Oh and thank goodness for leftovers that didn't look too green and fuzzy or smell too old to eat since I slept until after dinner time. Some husbands know that it is not nice to wake their wives from a long and much needed nap.

Hey! it's Friday. Make it the bestest weekend ever! Make it better than any party you've ever been to. Smile. And smile again. Blessings, prayers and hugs for each one.

Monique
July 10th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Good morning. Last work day of this week anyway. I will be glad when this stint is over. Not a very busy place but very tiring. I want to share this with you this morning. Gilles is my mailman where I work. His wife is dying of cancer. She is still at home but getting very weak. She no longer eats, only drinks liquids. She has no strength left in her body. Just yesterday he told me it was very hard to take her to the bathroom. I feel so terribly sad for Gilles and his daughters. They are there with her 24/7. Gilles is not getting ANY rest at all, he is always checking on her. One good thing, she is not in any pain but sleeps most of the time. I don't wish death to ANYONE but pray that God will wrap his loving arms around her soon. It just makes me so sad. Maybe that is why I am in such a funk. I do have a little quilt I am working on now and again.

Sorry for the gloom and doom this morning. I know that you are all such good listeners and great supporters.

Our community flea market opens up tomorrow. I hope I find some great things.

Have an awesome weekend friends.

songbird857
July 10th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Blondie - naps are good. I don't nap often, but love them when I do!
Monique - hugs to you :) I'm sure you are a comfort to Gilles and his family...

Finishing up a wallhanging for my sister in law today - I'm pleased with how it's coming out, I'll post pics later :)
It's been a very busy week, so I'm planning on nothing huge today - sewing, a trip to the grocery store, and birthday party for sis in law later, plus the usual meal prep and assorted household chores ;)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Ginny B
July 10th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Good Morning. Happy Friday. Glad you got that nap in Blondie. You definitely needed that. Monique, so sorry to hear about your mailman's wife. Sending prayers for him, his wife, and his family.

Well, it is Friday and I finally finished a project at work yesterday that has been on my desk since last week. It was in a program that I don't really like working in (it's not very user friendly). Of course, it was not something I could just sit down and do straight through. Little things like Payroll and billing sort of kept pushing it aside. LOL Printed, sent, done! It will be good to get to my desk this morning and not see it sitting there waiting for me.

Have a good day everyone.

quiltingtrish
July 10th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Happy Friday and I'm glad to hear Blondie got a long, overdue nap in. Some days we just need them to catch up.
Monique - so sorry to hear of your postman's wife's illness. It does sound like it would be a blessing for her to 'go home'. I will pray for her.
I am still looking for my photos that disappeared from my folders on my thumbdrive. It is nerve-wracking to try to figure out where in cyber land they ended up. I will find them though.
Today I am organizing 2 large bins of paperwork of my 21 years in the Army. Throwing out old work manuals mostly and gathering up ribbons/rank/etc. that I earned so I can get them into an award frame. I've always wanted to do that for DH and I. If he wants his done, he will have to gather his things for me, perhaps when he sees mine finished, it will encourage him to find what I need of his to do it.
Tomorrow is quilting day with my friend! My summer is half over and I haven't done much but have gotten lots of other things accomplished so it's all good. Oh, and Monday I am going to Obies in the Lancaster, PA area to poke around. That's the place that's pretty small but literally filled to the ceiling with fabric at great prices.
Well, off to get things accomplished today. It's sunny here and hope it is where you are. Looks to be a beautiful summer day!

Bubby
July 10th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Morning Everyone,

Blondie, glad you got that nap! I did the same thing. We had storms all day yesterday and all night so everything was turned off.

Monique, if Gilles' wife is to that point in her illness, it won't be much longer. I will remember them in my prayers.

We have a full day of work in Cuba tomorrow. I have some good news....the negative tenant we have been dealing with for so long packed up and moved out. I can't tell you how pleased we are about this. Can you see us doing the Happy Dance!! It's been a long time coming. It feels great not having anything to whine about...lol! To everyone who offered up prayers for our situation, Thank You So Much!!

Wishing everyone a super Friday with hugs.

irishrn
July 10th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Morning all! Blondie, so glad you got that nap in before your busy weekend! You apparently really needed it!!
Monique, so sorry to hear about your friend. End of life care is so stressful on the family. So glad she is not in pain.
Managed to get only 1/3 of the ceiling painted yesterday. It has to be done with a brush and that was all the energy I could muster for one day. While up on the ladder painting I realized today was our anniversary, so I'll need to plan at least a lunch out with DH today. It is 28/33 years. (Married/together) wow! Hub # 1 only got 10 years, and he's on wife #4!!
May be for the best as my arms and back are screaming a bit this morning! Will have to finish it up over the weekend!

Hope all are doing OK! we will have another hot sunny dry day here so I think running errand early might be wise!!!
Gotta go!!

Carrie J
July 10th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Good Morning Blondie and All! :D

Naps, who doesn't love those?!?! Why did we fight them as kids? LOL!
Not much going here today, considering the snafus of yesterday, (anything that could go wrong did.....Thanks Murphy!) hopefully today won't wind up the same!

Off for coffee, HUgs and Blessings to All.......especially those that need them (Monique-very special Prayers for Gilles and Family)

Eileen, LOL! You'd think after almost 40 years here, we'd be able to remember THE date..,,,..nope, always have to check the license, BWAHAHAHA!!!!

ceiliam
July 10th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Morning all. Monique prayer for Giles. Blondie good for you with all you have been doing , glad you took much needed and deserved nap. Bubby YEA... Isn't life grand?. Eileen happy anniversary. Going to finish blocks. For box kite thought I was done , but decided it needed to be longer. Prayers to all that need them have a great day. Cecelia

MRoy
July 10th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Good morning! Yay for Blondie's nap and Barb's tenant from h*ll leaving! Monique, your co-worker's family and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm off to the fabric shop for thread and only thread (I keep telling myself this!). I like to quilt with Isacord thread and I never seem to have enough of the color I need when starting a new project. Happy Friday everyone!

easyquilts
July 10th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I had a lot planned for yesterday, too...but...". My insomnia kicked in... Didn't get to sleep 'till after thre...closer to four.... Soooo... Yesterday was a total loss.... I simply could not move.... Walking around the house was a probkem... I just wasn't functioning..

I got more sleep last night....after a warm bath and an Ativan...so I'm feeling somewhat better this morning.... Maybe I'll get something done....

Last night...after my bath....I fell as asleep in my chair, and missed most of Quilt Cam, which I had been waiting for all day... Ackkk! So, I gathered my previously cut five inch 30's tumblers (M* template), and matched them up Kona Snow tumblers... They are now sitting by my seeing machine, waiting to be Leaders & Enders with my Civil War Four Patch Frenzy. (aka Bricks and Stepping I watched Quult Cam on my iPad.... Mad at myself for missing the live broadcast...

Today's plans....maybe..... A little cleaning (very little), then I'm rewarding myself with a trip up the road to the Fabric Shavk.... I need to get fabric girl a quilt club group project, mire CW fat quarters, and maybe mire 39's fabric. I Aldo want a yard of a pretty WOE... if my money holds out.... I still have $20 on a gift card.

Then, I'll stop at WM to buy a great 80/20 batting I found there. That way,mi won't have to drive down to Joann's. I have a commissioned quilt I need to get in the mail.....soon. Oh, and I need to pick up bobbins for the Bernina...

dwil23
July 10th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Good morning, all!

I was up pretty late last night, so just getting up now. It's back to work for me tonight. The weekend is winding down quickly.

Monique, that is so sad to hear about Gilles' wife. I too pray for peace and strength for them all and thank God that she is not in pain as she goes throught this.

I'm going to try to get some more sewing in today. I just check the tracking and my replacement FMQ foot is out for delivery. Problem is my mail doesn't come til late afternoon. I really want to get this little baby quilt done and out of the door. I am over it now. I had it to the point of hand sewing the binding, but the border area just wouldn't lay flat, so took off all the binding, something I have never done before, and I am going to add more quilting - especially to the border area. I will then have to retrim it a little smaller, which will be okay.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day and Weekend. Prayers for many in need.

dwil23
July 10th, 2015, 11:40 AM
I had a lot planned for yesterday, too...but...". My insomnia kicked in... Didn't get to sleep 'till after thre...closer to four.... Soooo... Yesterday was a total loss.... I simply could not move.... Walking around the house was a probkem... I just wasn't functioning..

I got more sleep last night....after a warm bath and an Ativan...so I'm feeling somewhat better this morning.... Maybe I'll get something done....

Last night...after my bath....I fell as asleep in my chair, and missed most of Quilt Cam, which I had been waiting for all day... Ackkk! So, I gathered my previously cut five inch 30's tumblers (M* template), and matched them up Kona Snow tumblers... They are now sitting by my seeing machine, waiting to be Leaders & Enders with my Civil War Four Patch Frenzy. (aka Bricks and Stepping I watched Quult Cam on my iPad.... Mad at myself for missing the live broadcast...

Today's plans....maybe..... A little cleaning (very little), then I'm rewarding myself with a trip up the road to the Fabric Shavk.... I need to get fabric girl a quilt club group project, mire CW fat quarters, and maybe mire 39's fabric. I Aldo want a yard of a pretty WOE... if my money holds out.... I still have $20 on a gift card.

Then, I'll stop at WM to buy a great 80/20 batting I found there. That way,mi won't have to drive down to Joann's. I have a commissioned quilt I need to get in the mail.....soon. Oh, and I need to pick up bobbins for the Bernina...

Sandy I worked on some bricks and stones during quiltcam last night, too. I was late starting it and got interrupted a few times, so I re-watched it and sewed some more! I also did some 4 patch set on point for the 4 patch challenge quilt and a bunch of baby flying geese for my Talkin Turkey quilt. Did I mention I have ADD? My leaders and enders have leaders and enders. I just kept sewing and feeding pieces through my machine and loved it!

SuzyQue
July 10th, 2015, 11:57 AM
After a quiet birthday yesterday, I enjoyed sewing some little tiny baby shoes last night. Only one more week, then we should know the gender and then let the sewing frenzy begin!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 10th, 2015, 12:05 PM
After a quiet birthday yesterday, I enjoyed sewing some little tiny baby shoes last night. Only one more week, then we should know the gender and then let the sewing frenzy begin!
Happy belated birthday, Suzy! Hope it was a good day!

irishrn
July 10th, 2015, 12:12 PM

Happy belated Birthday SuzyQue!!!

CraftyJnet
July 10th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, SuzyQue!!!

alliek
July 10th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Well Blondie that is the best kind of nap, spontaneous and deep. Well deserved. Enjoy the weekend. Many Blessings.

tnmtgrl
July 10th, 2015, 12:51 PM
It's Friday and the kiddies are gone... :(.....but we had a GREAT visit and they all had a really good time, got to do a lot of things...white water rafting, hiking, swimming at a waterfall, very very good time. Things are settling back to normal today, my fur babies are wiped out after 3 days of little people chasing them around...lol. Now I am looking forward until we go visit them in FL in a few months!!

Sylvia H
July 10th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Good morning all! Whew! Just a few more minutes left of morning here in PA!

Blondie, I am sure, after dealing with the insect bite and benedryl, you really needed that nap. Monique, just a thought, can Giles get some in home hospice from a government agency? My aunt, in NY is in a similar situation, and they have hospice come to the house. She is also being taken care of by her husband and children. It is very hard to see someone dealing with such a serious problem and not be able to really help.

Trish, sounds like you are juggling several projects. At least when you get bored, or tired, you can switch to something else. I have never been to Obie’s, but saw pictures that a friend took when she was there. It looked like the aisle between the stacks of fabric (up to the ceiling) was only wide enough for one person. How do they managed to get anything out of those stacks?

Barb, glad to hear the negative tenant is gone. Eileen, happy anniversary! Sandy, you have a big day planned. I like your fabric choices. Happy Belated Birthday, Suzy. I hope you had a fun day.

It has been a strange morning for me. Up at 5:45, yikes! Took doggy out and then back to bed. Up again at 7:00, fed doggy, and back to bed! Up at 8:00, had breakfast, took doggy out, and back to bed. Finally up for good at 10:30. Don’t know why I was so tired.

I continue to work on my Friendship Quilt. I started FMQ two days ago, and I find that I am doing more than I thought I would. But it is all good,, however, I had hoped to have the quilt finished by now, and that is not going to happen.

Bubby
July 10th, 2015, 01:15 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUZYQUE!!!

quiltingtrish
July 10th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Trish, sounds like you are juggling several projects. At least when you get bored, or tired, you can switch to something else. I have never been to Obie’s, but saw pictures that a friend took when she was there. It looked like the aisle between the stacks of fabric (up to the ceiling) was only wide enough for one person. How do they managed to get anything out of those stacks?

Sylvia - the women who work there know where everything is and use ladders to get to the top and just take down several bolts at a time until they get to where they need to. It's all quite interesting. The place is also known to have fabric avalanches. And, yes, most of the aisles, only one person can fit through. One of them was so small, I couldn't even get in there. It's a shame they can't or won't expand their place. Of course, this place has been there since sometime in the 1800's.

Happy Birthday SuzyQue!