PDA

View Full Version : Hoot Hoot Night Owls!

sewlucky
July 10th, 2015, 03:07 AM
Good evening Night Owls! I'm up waiting on our record hot day to cool off, and there is finally a lovely breeze coming in the bedroom window. This house does get some good cross breeze, which is a relief because I sure miss my A/c. More out of control forest fires are burning in Alberta, today a new one in Jasper National Park not far from the townsite. I hope they can contain it soon.

I didn't sew today but we did get some plans and reservations made for vacation. We are South Dakota and the Black Hills bound!

How was everyone's day? I hope the heat isn't keeping too many awake!

Terri

kimsophia
July 10th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Hi Terri! The heat isn't here yet but DH says that the new a/c iced up this evening. He let it rest a while and it started working then. I'm not sure what's up with that.

I had a nice time on our South Dakota vacation. We went to Mount Rushmore and on the way back, stopped in the Badlands. My favorite thing was when we drove through an Indian reservation that was a field of tall grass, rippling like ocean waves in the breeze...all you could see was grass and sky. And the strip of road ahead... :)

bubba
July 10th, 2015, 03:38 AM
I posted in the other hooter post as well. The news reported that we have had 15 days of temperatures over 80 degrees, but that we would not have 16 of them, so I expect it to be cooling off. The smoke is still real bad outside from the fires in Canada and we still could not see the mountain again today.....I'm missing it. Maybe I will get a glimpse of Mt. Hood in Oregon tomorrow.

grandma nurse
July 10th, 2015, 10:27 PM
We went to Mt Rushmore a number of years ago and it was one of our favorite trips. We also enjoyed going to Wall , SD. It was fun and had so much to see.

Margaret

kimsophia
July 11th, 2015, 01:17 AM
Oh yes! Wall Drug and the "FREE ICE WATER" billboards along the highway...lol The animatronic dinosaur scared me!

stationarymom
July 11th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Hi quiet in my tree I'm the only one awake here.DH and I went out to dinner tonight at a local pub I got a vegetarian dish for a change it was really good.It's suppose to be hot and humid this weekend,I don't do well in high temps.
Bubba I hope your foot heals fast.

kimsophia
July 11th, 2015, 02:08 AM
My DH doesn't do well in high temps so if our a/c goes out totally he's taking me to the new Hampton Inn. I love Hampton Inns! :D
They have a swimming pool so he wouldn't even have to go to the city aquatic center for his morning laps. I'm not sure what is going on with the new a/c unit. He said it was broken but it sure seemed to be putting out cold air tonight...anyway the dealer who installed it is out of town until Monday. And if we have any other repairman work on it, it would void the warranty. I can't believe that the dealership model is still in effect with air conditioners...

QuiltingRN
July 11th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Just finished my BOM from Pacific Fabrics. It is made up of blocks depicting Washington. Block one was a dragonfly and block two is a coffee cup, hearts and apples.
Tomorrow I pick up block three!

Off to bed now!

sewlucky
July 11th, 2015, 03:26 AM
April those BOM's are awesome!!! Love the colours and the theme :)

Lightwriter
July 11th, 2015, 03:28 AM
Busy busy day. Too tired to sleep much. Hot as Hades here...98 plus heat index. Veggie and fruit picking this morning. Afternoon we helped nephew get started on settling his Mom's estate. Not a fun job. Way too much red tape.

Hopefully I get to sew some this morning. I need to retire to my little sewing aerie and just shut out the world for a bit. It is my retreat from stress and worry.

April, great BOM blocks!

Hope all those affected by the fires and it's smoke will be ok.

Hootie hoohoot all!

Bubby
July 11th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Just in case some of you don't know, May (who is a regular member here) is in the hospital. Blondie has a link on today's forum if you would like to send her a card.

Andrea F
July 11th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Good afternoon (it's already past 12 here). Beautiful day here today (not too hot), tomorrow it's going to be much cooler though. I'll be going with sisters 2 and 3 and my niece to a Spanish restaurant tonight. I want to get some sewing in before that. Nothing else planned for today or tomorrow.

April, those BOM are great!
Connie, I hope you get your much needed sewing time to relax a bit.

Have a wonderful Saturday everbody!

Andrea F
July 11th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Just in case some of you don't know, May (who is a regular member here) is in the hospital. Blondie has a link on today's forum if you would like to send her a card.

Thank you, Barb! I have her address, I'll send her a card. I heard from her about two weeks ago (emailed her) and was worried because she said she starting feeling better slowly then but I still didn't see anything from her over here.