PDA

View Full Version : Who takes the garbage can.....

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 03:51 PM
I go down to work at my moms place. I need to gothrough and thruogh away some more stuff and shute- fire .... its
gone. Well it didn't grow legs and walk off. look at this the new neighbors have 3 cans, everyone elts
has 2 a garb x recycling. All are FULL. So I have to wait till they get thrruogh with it . hope they will be nice about it.
Geecc why do people bother other peoples stuff. Not happy.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 04:04 PM
We just got county cans. I think they would be hard to steal.

What the heck are you typing on?

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 04:18 PM
I am on a Kindle, why? I am a bit new to this, is it that bad? F so I
am sorry.

bubba
July 9th, 2015, 04:19 PM
We were gone to the lake for a weekend a couple years ago. Came home and our can was full! It had been empty before we left. I went thru the bags and the idiots were stupid enough to throw some of their mail away to I took their trash and went and rang their doorbell. I will tell you this, the woman who answered was not happy with her son that did it. I told her if it happened again I would be filing a theft of services report (I pay for it, they don't and it's considered theft if they use my cans). They were renters and were gone within a month!

Iris Girl
July 9th, 2015, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Hulamoon;

What the heck are you typing on?[/QUOTE]

LOL Lorie:icon_bah: You make me laugh.

We had an incident with a new neighbor here. We have been here 29 years so know the ropes.She moved in last summer. In the fall she decided to have a screened porch put on. She used another neighbor who lives behind us Son. This gave him liberties he thought to spread all the crap out in our yard and bounce between ours, his mom's and the clients (new neighbor). I was furious and my scotch Irish temper was flaring. Hubby kept me in check for awhile. Then the screen porch is done its cold frosty late late fall she tells the contractor to store the stuff between her house and shed. Ok sounds good except he made it flush with her house in front and hang in our yard 3 feet. I could not be contained. I called the landlord we live in a park community. They told her...she did not tell the contractor, I call again, she comes out and looks they move a few pieces but still in my yard 3feet square. I call again and get she doesn't know better shes and old lady.... LOL then its time to inform her what she thinks is her back yard is my yard. Finally get it straightened out this spring..dead grass and all 2 days after its now hanging in her yard for her to see she calls the contractor and he takes it away... So nope we have bad neighbors on all both sides. The one on our other side moved in about same time and started accusing my kids 27 and 31 of stealing things from her shed and picking the shed lock and putting it on backwards. Cops were called 3 times and they told her on the 3rd time unless you have pictures don't bother us again. In 29 years we lived here we never had such worthless nasty neighbors. Who moves into a new place and starts crap the first few months?

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I'm not making fun, I just had to read it a few times. I have a Kindle and could never get on the internet with it. I'll have to look for the charger. Are there updates for them?

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Ok ,see thats how I feel aboutit , I pay for mine it should be there for when I need it.
I couldn't do all that needed to be done ,for a while there just to hard and flks stopping by all the time
so gave it some time and now, they took it over( the can),

I seen them there yesterday ,the day you set out the cans and ask them if borrowed it, he said it was there when they moved in. Lies
I know better and so do they. Young couple . I worry cause if they will botter one thing they are likly to bother something elts ,I've
gotta get all this dome.
Just hard to empty out the house I grew up in and Its so finnal.
I just don't want to be messed with when I'm there or not .
Thanks for listening .....to me.......going on.......just a lil P off.

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I'm not making fun, I just had to read it a few times. I have a Kindle and could never get on the internet with it. I'll have to look for the charger. Are there updates for them?

I know my ipad/kindleissim (auto correct) seems to get the better of me.LoL
Yes I rhink there are updatesthis is a Kindle Fire. It has been grate for reading
typing well thats still a bit hard for me to finger peck out. I9d rather type it.
I am looking into other options scene our big computer went down.

TMP
July 9th, 2015, 05:06 PM
We have city trash pick up and their cans. They all look alike and hubby took paint and painted our name on the inside of the can. I am fighting with a critter right now that keeps opening the lid of the can and feasting on garbage. The cans are in an enclosed area . My dh put a wooden board attached to the side of the wall that I have to pull over the top of the can and guess what this silly animal has figured out how to push the bar to the side and open the can. This thing is smart!! I am sick and tired of cleaning up his mess. 4th he feasted on lemons and rib bones they were all over the back yard. ( so now we also have ants also grrr). I have never seen this critter and I have no idea who to call to get rid of him. I am wondering if the next thing he will do is open the back door and come on in. Any ideas on what I could do?

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 05:18 PM
We have city trash pick up and their cans. They all look alike and hubby took paint and painted our name on the inside of the can. I am fighting with a critter right now that keeps opening the lid of the can and feasting on garbage. The cans are in an enclosed area . My dh put a wooden board attached to the side of the wall that I have to pull over the top of the can and guess what this silly animal has figured out how to push the bar to the side and open the can. This thing is smart!! I am sick and tired of cleaning up his mess. 4th he feasted on lemons and rib bones they were all over the back yard. ( so now we also have ants also grrr). I have never seen this critter and I have no idea who to call to get rid of him. I am wondering if the next thing he will do is open the back door and come on in. Any ideas on what I could do?

Sounds like a Raccoon to me, might try a bungee cord with two hooks to stap it down.
They use their little front feet like hands, Oh lock the scean door.giggle, giggle.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 05:25 PM
I know my ipad/kindleissim (auto correct) seems to get the better of me.LoL
Yes I rhink there are updatesthis is a Kindle Fire. It has been grate for reading
typing well thats still a bit hard for me to finger peck out. I9d rather type it.
I am looking into other options scene our big computer went down.

I finally switched to a lap top after three desk tops and a fried monitor. It was actually smoking! That was scary. I like how I can move it around, like to the kitchen to follow a recipe.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 05:30 PM

Maybe you have a family.

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Yes, I am thinking a laptop too, I like having my patterns and pics on this, I guess I can do that on the laptop too. well gotta go check on things down there , wishme luck. .............Thanks for cheering me up.��

Midge
July 9th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Geez, what is it with people that they will make enemies out of neighbors over things such as garbage cans? I know I am too old to be astonished over how petty and mean people can be, not to mention outright thieves, but still.

I guess we are lucky with our current garbage/recycling can systems. The city provides them and they have an RFID chip. If anyone tries to appropriate someone else's can all you have to do is call the Waste Management department and a worker comes out and finds your can. Last year someone took one of my neighbor's cans. He's very elderly and was feeling pretty overwhelmed until I suggested he call the city. They were out the next day, the can was back in his yard where it belonged and the miscreant got a ticket.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Yes, I am thinking a laptop too, I like having my patterns and pics on this, I guess I can do that on the laptop too. well gotta go check on things down there , wishme luck. .............Thanks for cheering me up.��

:)

They were out the next day, the can was back in his yard where it belonged and the miscreant got a ticket.
When I was young my mom subscribed to Readers Digest. and there was a section where you learned new word defenitions. It really made me apprciate reading. But I have never run across miscreant. So I learned a new word today!

mischiefkat
July 9th, 2015, 06:20 PM
We have the large heavy plastic containers. 1 for garbage 1 for recycles. The containers have ID numbers on the fronts of them so Waste Management knows which can belongs to whom.

bubba
July 9th, 2015, 06:21 PM
You could always shoot it and hand it over to Snickledorfer.....I'm sure she could rustle up some coon stew!!

Deegles
July 9th, 2015, 06:40 PM
This traveling trash can phenomenon has happened in my neighborhood too. But it's the trash men placing it back to the wrong curb and not paying attention to what they are doing. Frustrating. My trash cans were actually hauled away by the landlord of the property next to me. I had to call him and ask for my trash can back. He had no idea and apologized.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 07:03 PM
You could always shoot it and hand it over to Snickledorfer.....I'm sure she could rustle up some coon stew!!

No,no, no! I had a pet coon. I think Miss Dorfer would agree,

Angelia
July 9th, 2015, 08:48 PM

Maybe you have a family.

This family was on my porch last week. One, I shoo away with a broom, but I didn't want to wade out among five!

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 09:10 PM
This family was on my porch last week. One, I shoo away with a broom, but I didn't want to wade out among five!

This little family was at my aunts house when I was taking care of her. It was a mom and four or five babies. I was giving them cat food to keep me company. I also made some squirrel and skunk friends.

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=Angelia;762833]This family was on my porch last week. One, I shoo away with a broom, but I didn't want to wade out among five![/QUOTE
Look at these guys,all their littl faces peeping in.Sooooooo cute.

bubba
July 9th, 2015, 09:36 PM
When my dad was a kid, he had a pet skunk that followed him everywhere!!

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 09:46 PM
When my dad was a kid, he had a pet skunk that followed him everywhere!!

My mom had one too when I was about two. She had him de-scented. I have a picture some where. She wanted a Koala bear but settled for a raccoon.

bubba
July 9th, 2015, 10:06 PM
My dads was not descented, but she never sprayed. He told me she used to follow him to school every morning and wait till he got out in the afternoon and walk back home with him. If his mom sent him on an errand, the skunk ran along with him. For the life of me I can't remember that things name and it's going to drive me nuts trying to think of it.

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 11:06 PM
When I was littlie 5 or 6 we had one at my Uncles house, where I stayed while my parents worked. Bandit made a good pet ,you can't play roughly with them they' ll hurt you. I loved him, he got big and heavy. I would love to have another one one day.

Midge
July 9th, 2015, 11:15 PM
:)

When I was young my mom subscribed to Readers Digest. and there was a section where you learned new word defenitions. It really made me apprciate reading. But I have never run across miscreant. So I learned a new word today!

Comes from being married for a long time to a lawyer, I guess. LOL.

Hulamoon
July 9th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Comes from being married for a long time to a lawyer, I guess. LOL.

Sounds like a lawyer word. I'm going to use it on my grandkids.:lol: