PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
July 9th, 2015, 07:47 AM

Hello Folksies!

We all have those days where once we get cranking, everything shifts and our plans change. Welcome to my world, it is so rare that my days go as I plan. I HAD planned to work in the garden clipping, etc for propagation. Started that shortly after I got off the computer. I got several shoots trimmed, went in for a cuppa and the phone was ringing. My DD needed me to come over to sit. Okie Dokie, no problem-o. Gimme about 30 minutes and I will be there with bells on. I hurried back outside to clean up and get my stuff, etc when WHAM. I felt as if I had been hit with a hammer. No hammer, but, some flying insect. I don't know what kind but it packed a whallop! As hot as it has been, all the local little native insects seem more aggressive - anyhoo, after jumping up and down, hooting and hollering, I left the blue air and got back inside. By then I had a baseball size knot on my right arm. I took a benedryl and then I woke up a bit later with my DD and hubs calling my name. Seems that once I didn't show up at DD's, she tried calling me and I didn't answer and she waited some more. She finally called Luscious and they both showed up at the same time. I was sleeping. On the kitchen floor. After being checked out at the ER, I came home and slept it off. My arm hurts like a monster took a bite out of me.

THEN - get ready for this one - last night we had our road blocked off from where our road ramps off the highway to the Virginia border. There was a dragnet with state police and local sheriff officers going door to door. Helicopters were going overhead. Dogs were being used. This went on from about 9:30 until the wee hours. I've not had much sleep because you see, the dragnet stopped here. Seems that our 50 plus acres of wooded haven appears to have been the perfect hideout. Mom called and was afraid to be alone. Luscious had to get permission to leave the house to get my Mother. Oy. Vey.

I realized just what a trashy red neck I can be. I grabbed a coke, and sat out on the porch like one of the nosy neighbors up the road. I was soon joined by Sis. The road was blocked for so long, I was able to make chocolate chips. I brought a huge plate out and when it got out for those who serve and protect, I was able to make even a manhunt more festive. Sigh. Eventually, a young copper who graduated with my oldest son, came up the drive and told me that the person they were searching for had been found just across the line (I discerned afterwards that he was found in Old Uncle Andy's falling down, kudzoo covered cabin. )

So, now I need a nap. But guess who has to work? I don't have a big day at work, so hopefully I will accomplish that nap. My arm still hurts - but hey! I didn't have to cook dinner yesterday! Alternate son Ricky brought over pizza!

Blessings and prayers to all. Smile because you can. Smile at the thought of this gal sitting out on the front porch in her t shirt and cut offs, feeling like a teenager with sis and mom next to me. So smile!

Lori63
July 9th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Oh my Blondie! It sounds like you had quite a day! Hope your arm feels better and glad they caught the guy.

Today is my last day of work for the week!!! Yippie! Tomorrow DD3 and I are going on our own little mini shop hop to collect license plates for the row by row. We are also stopping by my sis's house to pick up her sewing machine for DD3 to use....hope this one works.

Have a great day everyone:(

Ginny B
July 9th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Good Morning everyone. So much cooler out there this morning. Holy cow Blondie, your day sure did take a different turn. Sure glad the person they were looking for was found and sure hope your arm gets better. Hope you have a much less eventful day today.

Happy Thursday all.

songbird857
July 9th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Wow Blondie! You don't do crazy days halfway, do ya??? I'm glad you're ok from that nasty bite!
I started cutting for my own quilt yesterday - I am looooooooooving this fabric (that's a good sign....) - Northcott Stratford Park - the feel of this stuff is heavenly to work with. I'm going to put that on hold today because I need a gift for my sister in law's birthday tomorrow - probably a mug rug or wall hanging. I'll poke through my patterns and decide this morning.
Just finished revival last night - great preaching :)
Hope everyone has the best day ever..... Ciao.

dwil23
July 9th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Geesh, Blondie, what a scary day for all. Glad everything worked out in the end. I hate when I hear police helicopters circling overhead - I'm IN my house making sure all doors and windows are locked!

I spent some time yesterday doing some sewing and then moving my "sewing annex" from the living room to the dining room. I say annex because my designated sewing room is just too hot. And until I can afford a big repair bill (or most likely the weather will cool off first) I set up an area on the air conditioned side of the house. I moved it from the living room because the LR is down two steps and my precious little chihuahua Beanie is starting to have a hard time negotiating the steps and he follows me everywhere I go. About a month ago he had a seizure, scared the bejeebers out of me. We have him on meds now, but he still has mild episodes, and had one in my arms last night. This makes me so sad (and nervous). This morning I woke up to a loud yelping from him - I guess I moved and bumped him, DD came running from across the house. Two minutes later, she's screaming for me to come to the kitchen because Chaka, the pit bull had just thrown up a twist tie. After several minutes of her wheezing and choking, she lost last nights dinner, too. She seems to have calmed down now, but I swear these animals will be the death of me!

SO, I am hoping to get some more cutting sewing done today. I said yesterday that my leaders and enders have leaders and enders as I am working on three projects at once. I'm just a little ADD and it keeps me from getting bored! I am also waiting on a new FM foot for my machine since the one I had seems to have left the building. I have a baby quilt that I had partially bound and just didn't like the way it looked (wavy and bumpy) so removed the binding and will add more quilting to it.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - thoughts and prayers for those in need.

Monique
July 9th, 2015, 08:55 AM
A quick hello, off to work. Have a great day friends.

Grandma Nan
July 9th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Good morning folks
I am still shaking my head at your day Blondie. That's wild. Hope everything is ok and that your arm improves.

I have been having a really busy summer so far and I really don't know what I've been doing. Last week we went to New Brunswick to visit really good friends and we really had a lot of fun. Did do a couple of Row by Row stops and met some nice people.

Today, Sis and I going to do a couple more row by rows in New York State and maybe....??? make a short stop at Kohls. Who knows?
I am not competeing but there are some really cute rows and I love the licence plates.

Well I better keep moving this morning or I won't be here when sis arrives. Good day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2015, 09:48 AM
OMG, Blondie! That bee or wasp really had it in for you! Took you out for the count! Thank heaven there were rescuers available ! And the dragnet sounds like way more excitement than any one would want. But you turned it into a party for sure!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having a colonoscopy! So much fun! Tuesday night,, not so much fun, but the procedure itself--nothing! Best nap I've ever taken! Everything is fine!

I am excited to get back to my sewing room to sew today. From posting pictures of my wallets on FB, I have several orders, so I want to try to get them done. I ordered the plastic templates for cutting them out en masse, so now I need to go into production to pay for those puppies!

Hope you all have a great day! Stay away from stinging insects and runaway felons hiding in the kudzu!

rebeccas-sewing
July 9th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Good grief, Blondie! You must've just about given LL a heart attack. I wonder why you passed out? Do you think it was the pain from the bite? I'm glad you're ok. Girl, there never seems to be a dull moment on the hill.

pcbatiks
July 9th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Glad you're okay, Blondie! That is way more excitement than anyone needs in one day!

Jean, I know you are happy to get the dreaded prep & procedure over with.........glad everything is fine.

Hope you all have a great day. :)

JCY
July 9th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Glad you're okay, Blondie. My oldest son is allergic to bee stings. He carries an epi pen with him. He's been in the ER at least 3 times for stings, meds., observation, etc. No fun. Maybe you might want to get an epi pen since you do so much outside work. I hope your day today is less exciting. I saw that kudzu when I visited my bro. in Tenn. It engulfs everything!

Yest. was my 73rd BD. Basically a non-event here, except I got a few snail mail & e-m/e-cards, which was nice. I worked all a.m. house cleaning, changing bed lines, doing laundry. Got groc. & treated myself to a large pc. of carrot cake. It's big enough to make 3 servings, so hopefully it won't shoot up my blood sugar too badly by eating it in smaller portions.

Today is DH's Moh's surgery for the skin cancer on his nose. He's really dreading it. I hope the dr. can get it all with the 1st slice.

It rained quite a bit yest., which was good, b/c it watered in the fertilizer I spread on the lawn on Tues. We're thankful for the cooler weather, b/c our swamp cooler died on Sun. a.m. We finally got an estimate & have someone coming Sat. to replace our 27 y.o. unit. We certainly got our money's worth out of that one. Not all companies do swamp coolers. Some were booked ahead 6 wks., so we were relieved to find someone who could do it within a wk. & was reasonable.

I got no sewing done yest. I have the 9-P/Rail Fence blocks laid out. I need to make 2 more rail fence blocks.

Everyone have a good Thursday.

irishrn
July 9th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Morning all!! Blondie, sounds like you might be a candidate for an epi pen if you are going to react to stings/bites like that! I carry one everywhere for that reason! Hope you feel better today!! Don't you just love the commotion caused by the searching for suspects in the area. Had that once in NY when the kids were small and it scared them so bad!!!

Today is day 3 of the living room redo. Everything ready to begin painting the ceiling ( worst part for me!!). DH is still sleeping so I have to wait a bit longer to get started. Once that's done the wall painting is easy as they are half dry wall and half wood planking . Always wanted to remove that wood but DH wouldn't hear of it!! Will have to get a painter to paint the wall up the stairs as I'm getting too old to walk on scaffolding to paint up there!

Dreaming of the day when I can get back to quilting! So much waiting for me but the house has to get done before I run out of steam!!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Edit! I see JCY and I think alike on the epi pen!!!

Shirley
July 9th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Oh Blondie, your redneck story is so funny. But your arm, not so funny. Please take it easy.

GrammaBabs
July 9th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I am smiling!!!!!!!!!! I have lost just enough to wear Daisy Duke style shorts around the house to put a smile on DH's face...LOL
(Some men never get old:))))))))))))))

If this is TMI for some... just scroll down... this is about making Blondie smile....GB

ceiliam
July 9th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Blondie wow scary probably took a year or 2 off LL and DD lives when they couldn't get a hold of you. Hope you are doing better .
Can someone explain this row by row licence plate quilt not heard of it here or better still post picture of one block for me?
Been trying to finish quilting illusion quilt abt 3/4 way done.. I lost my mind and doing pebbles on it . guess I really am nuts. Have a great day everyone . Cecelia

laura44
July 9th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Morning all! Blondie, glad your arm is better, you make my
life seem so dull!

alliek
July 9th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Oh Blondie, so sorry. Those wasps are particularly vicious this year. Usually they will buzz and leave you alone, but I was stung on my underarm coming out of a restaurant last month. Hurt like H---! Sitting on the deck, they are not NICE! What the heck kind of Benedryl did you take. I guess it's not OTC. LOL. So happy you are OK though, you must have given your DD and Luscious a scare. Sometimes it's like living in the "wild,wild,west" down here. :icon_shake:Have a good rest of week and weekend.!:icon_wave:

SewnByBee
July 9th, 2015, 01:56 PM
FYI- Asprin makes a grate paste, to put on bee stings, I wrap a paper towl around it or put a bandaid on top.
Aspirin is a anti - inflammatory . Just wet it and it will begin to melt, apply, it works. I am allergenic a nd I use this with Benadryl.
Helps topull out that poison.

Wishing you well Blondie.