PDA

View Full Version : I made an executive decision

Divine Daisy
July 7th, 2015, 08:40 PM
After a really horrible few months health wise and so much stress I have been pretty much paralyzed I have decided to take all of July and august off.

I took way too much on which resulted in total exhaustion and a complete brain freeze. So.... no teaching, no quilting unless I feel the urge, no helping others complete quilts that they started but can't finish. I have put the cover on my sewing machine and closed the door. Already I feel better.

I wanted to sincerely thank those here who helped me and contributed to some of my recent projects. Those who donated to my Linus quilts, they were all beautiful and I love you all. Those who sponsored Lou and I in the Race for Life, our final total was over 1700.

Now I will focus on my family and give some attention to my house, my friends and the forum.

I retired once........ maybe its time to retire again. I will decide in September when I see what it feels like what I start again. My creativity totally dried up. If it comes back after this break I will keep going but try to keep the commitments down.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 7th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Relax and rest, enjoy your fur pets, and hubs! You are a go getter, but you know when it is time to kick back! I hope you can find rest and relaxation and come back to your creative spirit once again! Thanks for letting us know how you are doing!

Loonwatcher
July 7th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Good for you. It's time to take care of yourself and enjoy life without so much pressure. Take care.

quiltsRfun
July 7th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Everyone needs a break at one time or another. Enjoy your time off.

sewluvit
July 7th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Daisy, it's not a sin to take a break and have different interests for a while or a long while. Enjoy your days!

dwil23
July 7th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Sounds like a plan! Relax and enjoy yourself.

And give Seamus plenty of belly rubs.

Doloris
July 7th, 2015, 09:15 PM
even if you are not sewing , check in with us and keep us updated. We need those Seamus stories. You know Seamus is my hero!!
Take care and relax for the next 2 months. The machine and fabric will be there when you are ready.

Kgrammiecaz
July 7th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Leah Day just did a very short video on "it's okay to quit". You gave yourself permission to quit and it sounds like the right thing for you right now. I think that is awesome.

Hulamoon
July 7th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Take some walks with that beautiful dog. Catch up on some movies or some binge watching on Netflix with a glass of wine. Hope you stick around :)

sewlucky
July 7th, 2015, 10:49 PM
When I felt like that I quit my job, and dropped a lot of volunteer responsibility. It had to happen because it was me who was suffering in the end, and my family.

I just now am getting to a point of deciding where life takes me next, a year and a half later. I'm only 46, retirement isn't right yet! I made a lot of quilts last year, I knit many gifts last Christmas and we moved house this spring. I decided to go back to school for a new career and will start full time in September. I'm excited! But I had to let myself breath so I could hear what my heart was telling me was right.

Take good care of you, hugs

Terri

easyquilts
July 8th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Good for you..... Relax.....you deserve a rest.... Enjoy your home and family.... Your sewing room will still be there, when you are ready to return to it....

rebeccas-sewing
July 8th, 2015, 02:55 AM
I hope you'll be feeling better soon, Alison. It definitely sounds like you have taken on much more than you should. Good grief - it's a lot even for someone who is in good health! Closing up shop for a while sounds like a wise decision. Hug Seamus for me. I sure would like to wrap my arms around the big beast and enjoy a cuddle.

BobW
July 8th, 2015, 03:21 AM
Seamus says and it is about bloody time too. He's feeling ignored.

Monique
July 8th, 2015, 07:52 AM
Enjoy your Alison time you deserve it.

Learner quilter
July 8th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Alison take care of yourself, take a look at how Seamus lives his life, slow slow slow.. So you go slow now. X

Blondie
July 8th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Dear Daisy
I feel your pain. When I am in the midst of struggles, and my time is eaten up by obligations, I find myself fantasizing about what I could be sewing, quilting, sculpting - and then when I finally do have free time for ME, I find I cannot make myself do anything. What a dichotomy! Just know you are in very good company. You need to relax, recharge and in general just chill.
Blessings to you, dear friend. I salute you.
Blondie

pcbatiks
July 8th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Hi Daisy, take a break, relax, breath, enjoy time with your husband and the fur babies. You don't have to be creative to spend time with us on the forum. Happy to see you posting again!

Snickeldorfer
July 8th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Alison take care of yourself, take a look at how Seamus lives his life, slow slow slow.. So you go slow now. X

but, but, but Seamus hangs out in the pub.

SuzyQue
July 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Enjoy! Sometimes you need to step back to step forward again. Relax and just let live a bit!

Learner quilter
July 8th, 2015, 11:47 AM
And what could be a better way to relax...

TRLSRL72
July 8th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Enjoy this time you have taken and just relax. Sometimes life can get so fast paced it wears us down. Check in and let us know how you are doing from time to time. But most of all just enjoy yourself.

Carrie J
July 8th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Giving ourselves permission to just "stop, rest and recharge", is hard to do. The word multitasking doesn't even come close to what we gals do, on a daily basis. And we wonder why our batteries go kaput, and we shut down. Good for you on shutting the door, giving yourself permission to just rest. Keep in touch and enjoy your "me" time, give Seamus a pet for me! :D If we'd learn from out pets, perhaps we wouldn't be in such states of mind and health. :D

GrammaBabs
July 9th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Good Choice Daisy:) Take it from another "people pleaser and over acheiver" of the past.... Re-charge, Re-think and RELAX... I'll be thinking of you.... take good care of You and your family first!... Hugs, GB