PDA

View Full Version : Fall

sally
October 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I came upon this picture today and it made me want to go for a walk in the woods. Doesn't it make you wonder who lived there? Just wanted to share. Have a great day everyone!:icon_wave:

rebeccas-sewing
October 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Too bad houses can't talk.

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Once I took a tramp in the woods . . . oh, I'm sorry . . . wrong forum.

Shauna, I love that picture and agree with Rebecca. One of the things I like to do when I'm out traveling about is to take pictures of old abandoned houses. There is a certain intrigue there along with a sadness. Thanks for sharing.

HandsOffItsMine
October 18th, 2011, 09:50 PM
LOL @ Sandy! I was having a blue afternoon, but you always make me laugh!

I take photos of old buildings as well, some abandoned, some just not taken care of anymore. Like a lost soul.

Telliott68
October 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Sandy you are a nut.....love it!!!!
Rebecca.....I agree, I wish houses could talk too. My last year of high school my parents bought a house that had been built in 1886(I think, within a couple of yrs anyway). It was definately spooky if you were there alone and that was just during the day. I was always afraid to stay there alone at night.(I big chicken.)
Shauna....love the pic.

Genny
October 19th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Beautiful Picture...I just love Fall!

bec
October 19th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Love the picture, but I always feel a little sad when I see old abandoned houses.

Sandy, Sandy, Sandy....

quilter.martha
October 19th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Love any rural setting like this! I, too, wish houses could talk!

middlesis1966
October 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I love the picture. I too often wonder about what life was like in that old house. I love old houses compared to the new ones of today. I have the honor of living in the house my grandpa built for my granny as a wedding present. Its a plain house but I love it. My auntie had told me so many stories that brought so much life to it. Thanks again for sharing!

Loonwatcher
October 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
BEautiful picture. Thanks. I agree with Sandy that there is a bit of sadness associated with abandoned houses. With all the homeless folks out there, it breaks my heart a little to see a home abandoned and falling into ruin.