PDA

View Full Version : First Tuesday

Blondie
July 7th, 2015, 08:53 AM

Hello Folksies

After sitting here just a few minutes and reading a few threads, responding to fewer, I am already feeling as if I need to go back to bed, wake up and find the coffee pot again.

While trying to muster up some happy news to shake off the sadness of Bob's loss (please continue to keep him in your hearts and prayers), I realized that I have neglected to share some good news on our Tyler. He is walking, clapping his hands, waving bye bye and blowing kisses, even feeding himself with fat little hands. The last few months have been a big struggle for my Sarah & her hubs with the adjustment of having a baby in the house 24/7. That Tyler was behind a bit developmentally was troubling. I knew he would catch up - he is a bright one - he just needed the freedom from being held prisoner on a lap 24/7. All the weeks that I spent with him, watching his confidence and natural curiosity develop has made me one proud psuedo granny. Tyler started daycare just in the past week, since Sarah is back at work full time. He is going part time so I still get my fix of the little rascal. For someone like me who doesn't like kids, ahem, well, let's just say I think he is darlin'. His mother goes back to court today.

Okay, Folksies. Off to read here a bit, go down to Mom's with Sis and weed before the sun gets much higher and then I just may have to make a dash for a fix of Tyler.

Even in times of great sorrow, smile. Smiling at memories remind us that our future holds more smiles.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 7th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Hi Blondie! Looks like we have dueling threads for Tuesday going! Barb started one also! Have a great day!

MRoy
July 7th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Good morning Blondie! If court today involves little Tyler, I hope it all goes for his best interests.

Carrie J
July 7th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Morning Blondie and All!

Cloudy, cloudy day here, but doubt it will involve rain. That's really okay, a cloudy day here means lower outside temps! So the lamps will be on while sewing later this morning. First cuppah in hand, and catching up on the site, while Hubs is still asleep. I must type loud, cause after about 10 minutes of it, he arrives at the office door asking when I got up. LOL, think it's more like (did she make coffee this morning? For the past almost 40 years, well yeah! LOL) Morning routines, gotta love 'em!

Thoughts and prayers going out (and last night) to dear friends here on the Forum, and thanks Blondie for reminding us all that memories can be our salvation (along with faith) along this path we call life, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Hoping you have a great "Tyler fix", Hugs and Blessing to all.

auntiemern
July 7th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Just popping in to say hi. Nothing earth shattering going on around here. Same stuff, different day. Hugs and prayers for all who need them.

Ginny B
July 7th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Bringing up the end of the day here. I didn't sleep well on Sunday night. Woke up with stomach pain around 1:30 and didn't sleep much after that. Boy was I dragging at work yesterday. Stomach felt better but I was exhausted. I wound up going to bed around 8:30 last night and I slept straight through to 5 this morning! I woke up feeling very refreshed. So I got things done here before work including cutting a bunch of tumblers, got dinner prepared, did some things around the house and got an early start into work. It was a good thing too because there was a lot to do there but at least I had the energy to do it. Even wound up staying a little later and I will go in about 1/2 hour early to get some billing done that needs to be finished early tomorrow (only received it late this afternoon).

I don't expect to have quite the same amount of energy tomorrow but I sure am happy when I do have a morning like this morning.

I hope everyone had a good day. Bob has been in my thoughts all throughout the day. Have a good night everyone.

JCY
July 7th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Not morning, but still First Tuesday. Had a busy day. DH has been calling around trying to find someone to replace our 27 y.o. swamp cooler which died early Sun. a.m. We certainly got our money's worth out of it! These kinds of situations really stress him out, since he feels so poorly physically & emotionally. He's also facing the Moh's surgery on his nose for Basal Cell Carcinoma on Thurs. a.m. We finally got a tech. to come to the house today & give us an estimate. Very nice young man. Got good vibes off him. The company has a good reputation. The estimate was reasonable. The work will be done Sat. a.m. So thankful to have that decision made. It will get installed before our temps. turn really hot again. It was cool yest. & today.

We're having smoke haze today from the fires in Canada. I took advantage of the cool weather to spread fertilizer on the lawn & pull weeds. The bind weed had gone bonkers & wrapped all up our chain link fence. It's in flower, so I wanted to get if off there before it goes to seed. That's a tedious job.

I got maybe 40 min. of sewing done today. I have most of the 9-P blocks made. I'm almost ready to lay out the 9-P/Rail Fence baby quilt. I think I'm going to turn the rail blocks the opposite way of Jenny's so I won't have to match seams.

Time to eat my supper. If you think of him, say some prayers for DH Glen for Thurs. a.m. at 9:00 (Mtn. time) that the surgeon will be able to get all the cancer with the first slice. I imagine he'll need a skin graft like he did 2 yrs. ago when he had a cancer removed from his ear.