PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Here We Go

Bubby
July 7th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Hi Everyone...I thought I would start the morning thread and hop right off. We are having serious storms this morning with more coming for several days. I will have to unplug everything when I get off here.

I got a lot done yesterday. Reggie now has the Pinwheels On Point quilt top and I should have it back in two weeks. Often I get things back quicker than she estimates.

Everyone take care and keep an eye on the weather if you are in the path of these latest storms. More flooding is predicted for several states. We have a lake in our front yard already.

Have a safe Tuesday friends

Granny Fran
July 7th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Oh, Barb, sorry you are in such a state out there. DH mowed our yard yesterday because we are to get rain today, but I don't think as bad as yours. Will keep you in our thoughts.

Today looks like a lazy one here. Making a grocery list, putting stuff away after shopping, and wondering what's for dinner. Ha

Will finish the handquilting today, hopefully, and play with Buddy the Cat and Raggedy Andy. Those boys need the exercise to stay out of trouble. At least I don't have to walk them in the rain. :) DH does the litter boxes. What a great guy.

Well off to lazy land. Will keep you all in mind as I sew and pray everyone is safe and sound.

MRoy
July 7th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Good morning Barb! Your rain is headed my way later today. Yesterday was our first day without rain in over a week.

DH is picking up a beef we had processed today. Two freezers are empty and ready to be filled again. I'm looking forward to some grilled steaks.

Quiltngolfer
July 7th, 2015, 08:51 AM
We are expecting storms today. I mowed until 7:00pm last night because I had to get it done. We have had so much rain lately that it's hard to get the mowing done. I mow 3.5 acres. I'm hoping to get a little sewing done this morning before it starts. Good luck to all with this weather.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 7th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Good morning all! I see from the radar map that the strong storms are going right past you Barb. Yuck, just what you need, more rain!

I made another NCW for a birthday gift for my DIL, AND I want to make one today for the daughter of a friend, they invited me to her graduation party Saturday, I guess I need to bring a gift! I made her graduation gift that her mom commissioned, a travel bag set. I think I have some scraps left enough to make a wallet to match. Then this afternoon, I GET TO do the prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I dread it terribly.

So sorry to hear of the unexpected death of BobW.'s friend, that is so traumatic to find your friend has died at home and you were the one to find her. My brother died at home, he lived alone, so trying to find out exactly what happened to him was a problem. He had diabetes, and was sick with the flu, I believe he died from diabetic coma.

Enough of this, hope everyone here has a good day!

pharris123
July 7th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Happy Tuesday all! Gonna rain here, too but not too badly. I am sending positive energy to all who are facing big storms.

Yesterday I received the final shipment of fabrics for Common Bride - It's going to be totally scrappy and I have about 100 various fabrics in different sizes, mostly from Laundry Basket Heart's Content and Jelly Bean prints and batiks. I've done tons of practice on 8-point stars, and shopped online like crazy.

I spent all day yesterday patting, folding, sorting, coordinating. putting back in stash, pulling out of stash, rearranging stash, etc. ad infinitum. I did gobs of math figuring out how many strips and squares to cut to make the most of my fabric. I was gloriously exhausted at the end of the day.

When I popped out of bed (at 4 am!) I awoke to a tidy sewing room with all of my fabrics out and arranged ready to start cutting, rulers ready, new blade in the rotary cutter, instructions at hand - it was fabulous. Now, three hours later, it's a huge mess and I love it so much I almost just can't stand it.

I hope everyone is having just as much fun as I am! Starting something new is always great (that's why we have so many UFOs, am I right?) Have a fabulous day all - I know I'm gonna!

Grandma Nan
July 7th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone- Back from holiday in New Brunswick. I'm still on cup #1 so anything could come out of my mouth. I am actually sitting here yawning and trying to wake up. Today's plan was supposed to include some weeding in the garden but it is raining.

Had some fun last week in NB collecting row by row and now that I am home now need to get some of our local ones. I think the water theme is just plain fun. I have collected two rxr pins and several kits to sew the rows. But the fun things are the licence plates. Still working on a plan of how I will use them but they are so sweet.

I also got myself signed up for a workshop on general maintenance on Featherweights 221 &222 in Toronto on August 1. The fellow giving it is quite familiar/famous in the FW world - Brad is from Thailand and he is moving back there so this is his final workshop.

Have a good day and thoughts and prayers for all those who need special support.

Lori63
July 7th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Good morning all! I woke up early this morning so I was able to get several squares cut for the I spy quilt I've started for my grandson. I'm working all day then hoping to cut more tonight.

We had lots of rain last night also, the strong storms went east of us. I think it's supposed to rain off and on all day.

songbird857
July 7th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Morning all (can we maybe blend Blondie's good morning with this thread?)
Rain expected for much of the week here, humidity is high - my least favorite weather (like the rain, just not feeling like a wet mop ;))
Been a busy weekend into yesterday. Went to my sister's on Saturday, had company on Sunday, so i figured I would be a good doobee and clean out my dresser before embarking on another large quilt.... Well, i got everything OUT of the dressers, bagged some for the goodwill, filled a trash bag with junky stuff, then went upstairs to make my FiL lunch.
Finishing up that, my 22DD calls me because she is on her way to the DR because there is some blood poisoning going on in her foot.... So i meet her there, then we both drive our cars to the house, then i take her to the hospital for x rays to see if there is anything in the foot.... Came home, changed, ran out the door because we are having revival services this week! Ate at Denny's after church, then came home and fell into bed...... Guess who still has clothes all over the bedroom floor???????? I know what i must do today ;)
Daughter is fine, antibiotics kicked in quickly, and that nasty red line disappeared -
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Simply Quilting
July 7th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday I took two children to camp and another to grandparents. On the way back, I stopped at Hamilton. The van just seems to turn on it's own to the MO Star when I go by. It was wonderful to see the new mural in person. I didn't stay very long as the storm clouds looked sever and the air was just humid and heavy. Just after I left, I did have heavy rains on the highway for part of the way home. I was very thankful to get home.

DH has the week off so we have several projects lined up for the week. We've already been out to the storage unit and worked on it for a while. We are back home and he is working on doing some painting while I work on some other projects around the house. A friend of ours finished the mud and tile work in the downstairs bathroom so all that is needed is painting it. I am hoping to get all our projects done so I can get to the sewing machine again.

Hugs and prayers to our forum friends who need them, especially Bob.

Have a nice Tuesday everyone :)

Claire Hallman
July 7th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I am off to exercise and then I think I will go to my LQS which is 20 min away and buy some background for the Craftsy BOM. I also need 2 or 3 fat quarters to have all the 15 needed but may wait until that month rolls around. I have a couple of pieces in the correct color but they are actually 5 or 6" by wof and don't know if they would work.:icon_neutral:
Hope everyone has a storm free day.

SuzyQue
July 7th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Severe storms last night and spent about 4 hours without electricity. We had very little damage, thankfully. I had just finished mowing the yard, but hubby is only about 50% done with the wheat harvest. The rain can stop any time!

SewnByBee
July 7th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Hi There eveyone,
It's a nice day and I have alot that that I need to get done , It had rained so much, the yard just took off. I hate playing cetch-up .
with the two places to keep up gets tough to keep up. I 'll almost be glad when we can let it go.
My yougons are home and there gonna help me, thank goodness. I hope this goes well,cause lately, not so much.
Hope everyone has a gtate day.

easyquilts
July 7th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I spent the morning at my daughter's house,..... With the boys (4). She had serious knee surgery.... she will not be allowed to put ANY weight on that leg for at least six weeks.... I left her installed in a big, comfy recliner.... Ready for a nap....

Her husband took the week off, but after that, church ladies will be bringing meals three days a week for a few weeks.... I'm taking her her fav meal tomorrow.... Real chicken & dumplings..... The whole family loves Gramma's chicken & dumplings. Got to run to the short for the makings in a few minutes.

Last night, I cut out about 140 tumblers, for my Leaders/Enders pprojecy. I used 30's fabrics, and will cut Kona White, or Kona ?Snow for background tumblers..... I'll start using them with the CW Four Patch Frenzy I am making for my son.... Looking forward to hours of easy, fun seeing.....while watching the latest Master Chef season, on Netflix.

Tuesday's are cool..... Monday is over, but most of the week is still ahead..... Who knows what the following days will bring?