PDA

View Full Version : It's a fine night for a Night Owl

kimsophia
July 7th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Hi folks! Good evening/morning to you all. I had a sore left shoulder all day. I guess I slept on it funny. I sleep face down and wind up throwing my arm up which can cause problems. It is getting a lot better as my day progresses.

I did some good work on the seam matching project and am over one-third done. I have hope that I can do it! :)

What's up with you? Hoot it out!

@,@

sewlucky
July 7th, 2015, 02:15 AM
I've shared my sewing excitement already today. It was a great day.

Tomorrow my hubby has his first Crohn's disease treatment. He's worried I think, and I'm worried because he is ;) It's a biological treatment that he will have via IV infusion. Hopefully it goes well and he has relief of both Crohn's and its partner arthritis (which impacts hubby more at this point than the Crohn's).

Tomorrow I plan to sandwich and quilt my baby quilt. If I don't do that I think I might piece another baby quilt top.

Terri

stationarymom
July 7th, 2015, 02:42 AM
Hoot Hoot, I spent some time today trying to make order out of my fabric,I don't know if I will ever get it all straightened out.Tonight I went up to see my gf's mother,she was moved to a rehab facility.The facility she is at looks nice ,but she could use some extra time from nursing.my friends mom has cerebellar atrophy and doesn't speak up for her self very often and it seems that staff is waiting for her to request pain meds before they will give them to her.By the time she asks she is in so much pain that the dose does not seem to help her at all.it is awful to have to rely on others to notice that you are in need.

RockinLou
July 7th, 2015, 02:43 AM
Howdy!! I was up crazy late tonight finishing the quilting on a tree skirt that I started about 7 years ago! Better late than never... I'm actually really pleased the kids are past the baby stage and we can enjoy it together this year.

Thursday we take the train from ATL to New York, I'm looking forward to that, and want to work on the binding along the way!

Lightwriter
July 7th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Lots of fresh food tonight....picked green beans, squash, tomatoes and fixed them with some grilled chicken and then fresh blackberry pie for dessert. Summer in the South is tasty, but a lot of work. Also took dogs to vet to get injections for summer itchies. Too busy to sew.

If I could sleep at night it would be helpful. Can't sew at night because any noise bothers DH so I stay quiet with the Ipad. This old owl is glad for the company of the forest.

Want to go on a Row by Row excursion...wish the quilt shops were closer. I can go 60-70 miles in several directions and get to one, but multiple shops in one day is not so easy. I call them NSLQS...not so local quilt shops. Living rurally has it's positives, but being close to things like quilt shops is not among them. To be honest I don't like to drive like I used to and don't have anyone to go on excursions with. My only quilty friend still works and is often busy on weekends. Another reason I hang out at the forum. Maybe I can figure out something.

Have a great Tuesday all! Keep staying cool...suppose to really steam up here this week. Hootie hoot Hoo!

sewlucky
July 7th, 2015, 02:55 AM
Lou, glad you got that tree skirt done! Binding it will be a great train activity.

Joan, I feel for your friend's mother. I hope the staff pays closer attention and does a better job managing her pain ��

Connie, I would go on a Row by Row excursion with you if you cooked me dinner! I would even drive ( in my little yellow Fiat!).

Terri

bubba
July 7th, 2015, 02:58 AM
My left shoulder/neck area bothered me since last Friday. I know it's from an old injury from when I fell and hit it 2x w/in 12 hours a few years back, but yikes! I had forgotten how bad it hurt!

Terri, is your husband doing infusion treatments of Humira? A gal I used to work with had Crohn's quite bad and she started that several years ago now and has been in remission since almost the start of it. I think she goes every four weeks, but she is thrilled to be symptom free!

I can't believe how tired I am after a nice, long relaxing weekend. I blame all the fresh air! I have to finish my diaper bag tomorrow so it can get delivered and then I want to get a wallet or two done as well. I'm still waiting for my thumb locks to get here, and I'm hoping it will be tomorrow! I wish I had paid closer attention last time around to know how many days it took them to get here from Canada once I was told they were on the way. I found another cute lock today, but they are in Australia, and I'm sure the shipping will be horrendous if I decide to get them.

Finishing watching this recording then heading to bed to read a bit hopefully.

sewlucky
July 7th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Pat, he tried Humira injection a couple years ago before the Crohn's dx which just happened this year. He also has Ankylosing Sponylitis which goes hand in hand with Crohn's. He had an odd reaction from the one dose of Humira he did but was pain free for six weeks! Heaven! He's starting Remicaid tomorrow, which is similar. We're hoping he fares well with it!

Terri

My left shoulder/neck area bothered me since last Friday. I know it's from an old injury from when I fell and hit it 2x w/in 12 hours a few years back, but yikes! I had forgotten how bad it hurt!

Terri, is your husband doing infusion treatments of Humira? A gal I used to work with had Crohn's quite bad and she started that several years ago now and has been in remission since almost the start of it. I think she goes every four weeks, but she is thrilled to be symptom free!

I can't believe how tired I am after a nice, long relaxing weekend. I blame all the fresh air! I have to finish my diaper bag tomorrow so it can get delivered and then I want to get a wallet or two done as well. I'm still waiting for my thumb locks to get here, and I'm hoping it will be tomorrow! I wish I had paid closer attention last time around to know how many days it took them to get here from Canada once I was told they were on the way. I found another cute lock today, but they are in Australia, and I'm sure the shipping will be horrendous if I decide to get them.

Finishing watching this recording then heading to bed to read a bit hopefully.

Andrea F
July 7th, 2015, 03:10 AM
Good morning! Sitting here, sipping my first coffee and waiting for the caffeine to do its magic. Went to bed late and got woken up by DS#1 shortly after I fell asleep. It took me forever to go back to sleep. When I wake up from squeaking stair steps at night I'm kind of startled and my heart races. He's on school summer break. Sometimes I feel like he's waiting until I go to bed and then starts to sneak through the house in the dark, which then wakes me up (and makes me angry because I've talked to him about this many times).

I've spent a few hours with my sister #2 yesterday which was very nice. Next Saturday, we'll go out for dinner to a Spanish restaurant with her daughter and sister #3. I started another NCW yesterday which I'm planning on finishing this evening. I installed my very first twist lock on it and I hated it. I think it's going to look nice once the clutch is completed though.

Terri, I hope all goes well with your hubby's treatment.
Joan, I also hope the staff at that facility gets sensitive as to what your friend's mother needs very quickly. It is awful if you have to rely on somebody else to notice what your needs are.
Lou, you sound like you're having a really great time at home :)

Sleep tight and I'll see you later.

redcaboose1717
July 7th, 2015, 03:18 AM
Hi....
I am up as well, cutting fabric for one of the quilts I have started......
I just opened the newest BLOCK magazine....WOW !! Of course I say that about every single copy I have received....The quilt on page 85 called the Sweet Stars Quilt, reminds me of a granny square blanket my mom made for me 40 yrs ago....I love that blanket, but my son took it to college, and it's gone ! So, maybe making this Sweet Stars quilt will help me over the "loss" of that precious gift from my dear mom who passed away in January of 2006.

bubba
July 7th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Pat, he tried Humira injection a couple years ago before the Crohn's dx which just happened this year. He also has Ankylosing Sponylitis which goes hand in hand with Crohn's. He had an odd reaction from the one dose of Humira he did but was pain free for six weeks! Heaven! He's starting Remicaid tomorrow, which is similar. We're hoping he fares well with it!

Terri

Yes!!! That is what it is she takes....is the remicaid! It was between that and the humira, but she had it so bad they went right to the remicaid and it has been a miracle drug! She has both the Crohns and psoriasis, which is also quite common. MM is on Enbrel for severe psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and they wanted to make him a poster boy!

kimsophia
July 7th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Joan, I wonder if the doctor could specify that the meds be given every four hours and not "as requested".

SewnByBee
July 7th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Lots of fresh food tonight....picked green beans, squash, tomatoes and fixed them with some grilled chicken and then fresh blackberry pie for dessert. Summer in the South is tasty, but a lot of work. Also took dogs to vet to get injections for summer itchies. Too busy to sew.

If I could sleep at night it would be helpful. Can't sew at night because any noise bothers DH so I stay quiet with the Ipad. This old owl is glad for the company of the forest.

Want to go on a Row by Row excursion...wish the quilt shops were closer. I can go 60-70 miles in several directions and get to one, but multiple shops in one day is not so easy. I call them NSLQS...not so local quilt shops. Living rurally has it's positives, but being close to things like quilt shops is not among them. To be honest I don't like to drive like I used to and don't have anyone to go on excursions with. My only quilty friend still works and is often busy on weekends. Another reason I hang out at the forum. Maybe I can figure out something.

Have a great Tuesday all! Keep staying cool...suppose to really steam up here this week. Hootie hoot Hoo!

Oh my , wheres the fried okra and fried green matters with all them fresh veggies and c orn bread.
please pass some of that BB pie yum ,yum

kimsophia
July 8th, 2015, 01:15 AM
I was craving frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix! Yum. Tomorrow: spring rolls! :)