PDA

View Full Version : Monday - are you awake yet?

Blondie
July 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM

Hello Folksies and Happy Monday after a holiday

I am late late late late late because I stayed with the Moms last evening. Big doings of yahtzee and fun. That old gal really knows how to roll the dice. She recently purchased one of those smart tv's and we spent a good part of the holiday trying to figure out how to set it up for netflix/youtube. We discovered it is smarter than I am, so today I will have to call the tv people/cable people and finish getting it set up. There is not reason for my Sweet Mommy to be without youtube and netflix for grins.

Hoping everyone's 4th of July was just what you wanted it to be. Ours was pleasant enough. the usual cookout (at my house since DD had to work), the usual kinfolk who dressed up in r/w/b - and of course, rain just at the end of the fireworks. At least we didn't get rained out. I made those Hellman Hamburgers that is on the jar of mayo. Pretty good burgers. At least everyone said they were. We also like Nathan hotdogs and Ballpark Beef for those inquiring minds. LOL. Sis made up banana pudding, strawberry cake of some sort and everyone brought their own beverage of choice. if they were to do a tally, one would notice this clan split right down the middle between Coke and Pepsi. We also had RC and Cheerwine represented. love me some Cheerwine.

Have a wonderful day folks. I have laundry to do and the usual Monday runs. Be good to yourself. You are nicer to others that way I have been told. Smile! It's only 4 more days until it's Friday!!

shirleyknot
July 6th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Just starting my second cup of coffee........

RFREE
July 6th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Yep been up since 2:30!! My DH is taking his first airplane trip to Chicago. He has never flown and was a bit apprehensive. He just text me and said " We are way the hell up and its great!". Good deal.
Not much going on here today.I may actually clean the house. Maybe... LOL it all depends on if I get a wild hair to do something else.ha ha.
Yall have a great day.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Angelia
July 6th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Drinking my coffee and planning the day. I'm going to put some string blocks together and will probably do some hand quilting. Enough planning...more coffee, please. :)

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Bubby
July 6th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Morning, I had to have the Girls at the groomer at 6 am one town over. So, I've been up since 5am and have to go back to pick them up at noon. Grooming days are always extra busy. The Girls come home mad and pout for a day or two.

I have the Pinwheels On Point quilt top ready to go to Reggie for quilting. I may not have time to drop it off today. Yesterday I made the backing and cut binding strips. I'm working on a small Halloween table quilt that I think I will machine quilt myself because I would like to do some machine emb on it.

Congrats to the US Women's Soccer Team for winning the final against Japan!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone.

Lori63
July 6th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Ok Blondie, I have to ask...what in the world is Cheerwine?

Not happy to be back at work after the long weekend:(.

But I did have a validation of sorts this weekend. My DD1 was out of town with her hubby and agreed to visit quilt shops for me for the Row 2 Row. I also asked her to look for fabrics we could use for an I spy quilt for my DGS. She ended up having a great time looking for fabrics, sent me lots of pics and picked up some good fabric. Maybe I'll make a quilter out of her yet!

MRoy
July 6th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Lawsy, I hadn't heard of Cheerwine in years! Our regional soda is Ski although it's distributed in a larger area in recent years. It's got as much kick as Mt. Dew.

Rhonda, I loved your DH's reaction to flying. I'm not sure mine would be so positive.

Guild sit-n-sew is this afternoon. I'm going to finish piecing the top of my grandson's quilt. I think I may have backing fabric in my stash. He and his sister will arrive in two weeks and I want to finish the quilt before then.

SewnByBee
July 6th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Morning friends,
The coffee smells so good this morn ,I love the smell of fresh brewed Dark Roast Max H , strieght up, hot and tastty, good to the last cup .
I messed with these Hexi's yeasterday till my fingers are so soare. I may have to set them down for a bit. I have had fun working on them, They are new to me. I did need a handsewing project ,while sewing my hand pieced blocks together on the machine.
I orderd a cute pattern for apron, table runner, and pot holders. Ihope I have time to make them before my daughters friend gets married.
I thought about making a mix and match apron for the groom. Would that be a cute idea? So many guys do alot of the cooking now.

Hope you all had a grate week end.I did.
I got to play with a 80 lb. puppy.OMG thats alot of puppy. A Mastive, sweet girl. More dog than I need. I perfer my Winner hound.
Hes an awsum gard dog and can sit in my lap. yes he new I petted another dog yes he will pout a bit, poor puppy.
we had groom day too he had his manny& peddy. I need one too, he always gets one before me. Now can't find the dog, I can't hear his naiIs click on the hardwood floors.

Blondie
July 6th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Ok Blondie, I have to ask...what in the world is Cheerwine?

Not happy to be back at work after the long weekend:(.

But I did have a validation of sorts this weekend. My DD1 was out of town with her hubby and agreed to visit quilt shops for me for the Row 2 Row. I also asked her to look for fabrics we could use for an I spy quilt for my DGS. She ended up having a great time looking for fabrics, sent me lots of pics and picked up some good fabric. Maybe I'll make a quilter out of her yet!

Lori - I found this online; didn't know it was so popular now. for all the years I lived away from NC and couldn't find it, now it is always in the frig. It kinda sorta tastes like Dr. Pepper. wonder where that came from? Cheerwine!
History - Cheerwine.com (http://www.cheerwine.com/history)

rebeccas-sewing
July 6th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Is it non-alcholic, Blondie? It looks yummy.

Carrie J
July 6th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Morning All and Blondie!

Blondie, always a good laugh with your "sign for the day".........loved me some Bea Arthur!

Major kudos and Congrats to the U.S. Women's Soccer Team!!! Watched the game and they did an awesome job, Hubs even enjoyed it! LOL! Old dawgs can learn new tricks after all! :)

Very quiet (well fib there, have some neighbors that don't have a lick o' sense when it comes to fireworks!!). 4th. TV, sewing, naps but did do the traditional foods for July 4th, afterwards we were like beached whales, LOL! Nothing pressing on the schedule,today, so back to the sewing room I go. Hope everyone has a great week, hugs and Blessings to all!

BobW
July 6th, 2015, 12:54 PM

I'm just say'n!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 6th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Good morning all! I got into the sewing room early today to build yet another NCW for my daughter In Law's birthday later this week. Going to drop it into the mail in a few minutes! Hope she likes it!

I have some dr. Appointments for routine screenings this week. The icky one is Wednesday for the colonoscopy, with the dreaded prep the night before. I'll be glad to get that over with!

Found a huge clump of pretty coordinated fat quarters in my stash. They came in a bundle of 32 all color coordinated so pretty from Free Spirit. Found them at Tuesday morning several years ago for about $40. The fabrics are so nice, and will make some really pretty wallets!

Hope you all have a great day!

SuzyQue
July 6th, 2015, 01:10 PM
We had a rather quiet 4th the year and the guests have all gone home. I have gotten the guest rooms cleaned and sheets changed, again. Doing some laundry, trimming some scraps, and if it doesn't rain will be mowing the rest of the day. Same old thing around here. Hopefully, hubby can get some wheat combined today. With all the excitement of last week, chasing goats, tornadoes too close to our teen, and making the final decisions on the new solar array.....it is nice that things have calmed down!

irishrn
July 6th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Well good afternoon! Had a lazy morning, knowing that I would be out and about this afternoon doing: trash to dump, shopping, Home Depot and pet smart. ( thunder shirt a bit large)
So I will say hello and good bye and wish everyone a great day!

Carrie J
July 6th, 2015, 01:31 PM

I'm just say'n!

boB...don't defame dah squirrel, he's our fren!!! LOL!

Plentziana
July 6th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Good afternoon to everyone, for days I do not write in the forum, because from the day July 1īm on vacation, I came with my husband and two granddaughters to a southern beaches of Spain called "La Manga del Mar Menor" and between the beach and know the surrounding villages do not have much time to spend in the forum, but today I got a few minutes while resting my granddaughters and write these letters to be with you all, the days of vacation are still very fun but quite hot and I do not like it when itīs over 90 but the sea water is very warm and I spend much time in it, look fornard to reading all your comments and command everyone greetings and prayers for those who need

JCY
July 6th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Yup, I'm up at 5:00 every a.m., so I'm up early. Don't need coffee to get me goin' since I don't do caffeine, except for the little bit that's in chocolate. I usually limit myself to 1 sugar-free piece/day. We woke up to sprinkles & only 66 deg. Thankfully, it has cooled off, since our swamp cooler died early Sun. a.m. DH has been on the phone calling around. No one has called back yet. Since our unit is >20 yrs. old, we probably will have it replaced. We'll have to hire all the work done, since DH no longer is able to do these kinds of projects. To keep comfortable yest., DH turned on the water pump--which still works-- & set a box fan in front of the unit in our kitchen so we did get some relief from the 100 deg. heat. Today & tomorrow are supposed to be only ~70 deg. so we have a 2 day reprieve.

I was hoping to get the lawn fertilized today, but so far it's too wet. Just about the time I think the rain has quit, it starts up again. So I'll go to Plan B.

Our 4th evening was pleasurable for a change--the neighbors who usually set off big booming rockets & keep us awake till midnight behaved themselves this year. The police dept. really has been cracking down & advertised stiff penalties for infractions. Some of their partiers were still outside on their patio at 1:30, & 2 stragglers at 4:00 a.m., but they were quiet. Just the usual firecrackers around the neighborhood. I watched "A Capitol Fourth" on PBS. Yest. at church I played patriotic selections for my organ prelude, offeratory, & postlude.

I'm working a little bit each day on the 9-P/Rail Fence baby quilt. The rail blocks are done & I'm working on the 9-patches now. I'm looking forward to seeing it come together.

irishrn
July 6th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Well good afternoon! Had a lazy morning, knowing that I would be out and about this afternoon doing: trash to dump, shopping, Home Depot and pet smart. ( thunder shirt a bit large)
So I will say hello and good bye and wish everyone a great day!

quiltingtrish
July 6th, 2015, 03:54 PM
I think that wild hair trying to find Rhonda found me instead. I should be quilting but am I? Noooooo. That wild hair told me to go through my shoes and clothes today. The shoes are done - 4 pair to throw in a yard sale and now the clothing from the closet lays on the bed along with 4 huge garbage bags of more to sort through. Why do I have 46 tops? That's just the tops! When I have something major to get accomplished, whatever it is (other than quilting, I have a huge room in the basement for that), I lay it all out on the bed so it must be done before dinner. At least when I'm finished with this project, I won't be trying to cram in the newly laundered stuff I do wear along with the stuff I don't wear that's been in there for the past few years.

Katie was home for 3 days and did make it back safely late last night to N. Carolina. Still waiting to hear about her knee surgery dates.

Ah well, better get back in there, dinner is in about 3 hours.

Lightwriter
July 6th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Cheerwine is a soda that is from NC originally. Got sort of a cherry taste. Put it with lots of ice and it is really a good drink.

Picked fresh blackberries this morning and made a berry pie for supper...one of my favorite things! Yum!

Picked fresh green beans and squash. Grilled a little chicken to go with this. We love fresh veggies.

No sewing though with all the picking. Had to take the dogs to the vet to get shots for the summer itchies. Busy day. And no storms tonight! Yeah!