PDA

View Full Version : Puffy Night Owl

toggpine
July 6th, 2015, 02:47 AM
Ack! This heat is horrible!
My ankles and the tops of my feet have swollen up to the point the skin stings! We won't even go in to the sweat factor. Just ick!

I'm chugging along on the aprons. They are going to be cute and they fit! I need to turn the ties and neck strap for the guys' bib aprons. I'll go prop my feet up and work on that for a bit. Hmmm. Or I could go to bed ant hen take the straps with me tomorrow and work on them while chatting with my sister.
OK. That was an easy choice! (She has A/C!)

Have a good one friends!
Hugs, C

stationarymom
July 6th, 2015, 02:50 AM
I didn't think any owls were out tonight.I'm sorry it's so uncomfortable there,that heat and humidity is heading our way this week I hear.I agree you should visit your sister and get some of your work done there where it's cool.Have a good night.

sewlucky
July 6th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Sounds like you've been productive this weekend Toggpine. We had a cooler weekend and it was so nice. It's bedtime early here too... Well earlier than last night. Busy day out of the house tomorrow but I hope I will get time to play with some fabric before supper time.

Rest well all.

Terri

RockinLou
July 6th, 2015, 02:56 AM
I'm up waaay too late for someone hosting a pool play date in the morning.... But I was playing with fabrics so I couldn't help it.

I would go to your sister's and her a/c if you can!!

kimsophia
July 6th, 2015, 03:00 AM
Our a/c is on its last legs. We got estimates last week. The bid will go to whoever gets here first!

Dinked around with my quilt back seam matching project. That will be this week's task.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Andrea F
July 6th, 2015, 03:40 AM
Good morning!

Cathy, I'd go to the sister with the A/C to work on it, too. I wish we had one (and a pool) but that's not usual here since it doesn't get so hot for a extended period of time. It has cooled down quite a bit in the house. Yesterday we had rain and winds and a little thunder from time to time. We had all the windows open and that helped a lot.
I'm going to work a bit today and then will visit my sister#2 in the afternoon, haven't seen her in ages although she lives right around the corner. Yesterday, sister#3 was here and we had a very nice day together. I'm trying to convince her to buy a sewing machine but I wasn't successful so far.

Sleep tight and have a wonderful start in the week!

Lightwriter
July 6th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Going through a spell where I go to sleep but wake up early. Sounds like a few owls have been fluttering around tonight. Went to church and out to eat. Storms started by time we got home and lasted on and off until nearly 10:00 last night. Watched parts of the soccer game when Dish was not out due to weather. Having a whole spate of storms every night...I think the dogs are going to have a heart attack. They truly hate them. It's about to drive us nuts. Ready for some calm nights.

Want to work on putting together another quick quilt top when I can get back to my sewing aerie at the top of the tree. I like my little attic sewing room but it does get warm up there with only a window AC. I should be able to sew a little today unless DH thinks corn is ready to get. I hurt my shoulders last year picking up a big container, so I plan to be extra careful. It is still hard to FMQ over 30 minutes at a time due to residual pain from shoulders...I hurt both of them...one of the darnedest things that ever happened to me! We didn't plant as much this year. It is just the two of us as the children live away. But fresh corn is good and we will put up a littlle.

Heat supposed to crank back up this week. A few more blackberries to pick. Just can't live in the South without AC. Cudos to whoever invented AC...I remember little AC growing up and am very thankful for it now.

Have a great day all! Stay cool!

kimsophia
July 6th, 2015, 04:23 PM
I also remember life before a/c. I remember sweating in church on summer mornings and trying to get a pew near a window to catch any breeze. Also I remember the shock of going inside the walk-in freezer at the meat locker to get some meat for supper. I couldn't believe that they could "make winter" inside a room of a building. lol I was a little stinker back then. I also remember the "Come on it, it's COOL inside" signs in the windows of air conditioned places. :D That sealed the deal of where to go! :D

klgls
July 6th, 2015, 04:29 PM
When I was young these were our church air conditioners. :)

kimsophia
July 6th, 2015, 04:40 PM
haha...I always wished our church had those! I used to accordian fan the bulletin and wave it. :D

quiltingtrish
July 6th, 2015, 09:00 PM
We just got a/c last year in our small church. With mostly an older congregation, it sure was about time.

bubba
July 6th, 2015, 11:05 PM
Ack! This heat is horrible!
My ankles and the tops of my feet have swollen up to the point the skin stings! We won't even go in to the sweat factor. Just ick!

Have a good one friends!
Hugs, C

Drink lots and lots of water!!!! My saving grace was we were up at the lake. We went in every afternoon and it was great! Saw bald eagles, osprey, and even a heron!

When we were at the ball game at Cheney Stadium on Friday night, it was so stinking hot! I have had heat exhaustion in the past and I knew that familiar feeling coming on. I had to get in shade and cooled FAST!!! I sat out at least an hour of the game next to a nice lady selling beer and wine (too bad I wasn't drinking!) and did not return to the stands till our seats were in the shade. We were with a large group of people, about 40, and they cheered me upon my return! Heat is not something to mess with!

MM set out mister up on the deck at the lake yesterday. It makes a big difference. If you make it near a McLendons, stop in to see if they have any in stock. They were only $10 last year. It's a hard tube the size of a hose about 3' tall with tiny holes at the top that spray a fine mist. MM sat in front of it yesterday for about three hours!