PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why do I plan. Sorry, long post

Kgrammiecaz
July 6th, 2015, 01:37 AM
So, my big plan was to be at home from Thursday night until work Monday morning. Yeah right

My great friend who lives in Denver calls me Thurday late afternoon to tell me she will be here all weekend. Well, we dont get much time to catch up these days, so of couse I will have time to meet her and her son for dinner Thursday night. Then we got together for breakfast on Friday because my daughter was not available at dinner the night before. BTW look up Hash House. Awesome, amazing food. Omg!!!!! Wait till you see the portion sizes.

So then in all the conversation we talk about my daughter looking for her first house and she wants to build new, well my friend has much experience in this area, so I get chosen to take her by the community on Saturday and show her what Corrine liked while Corrine is off to a party. Then on Saturday morning before Corrine left, she had to drop one of her little doggies off at the vet for a skin issue that appeared and needed asap care. Since she is leaving for her party, guess who got to pick up the dog and bring him home, give him his meds, settle him and his brother in, etc. so Saturday afternnon I wimped out on looking at the house, but my friend still wanted to go, so we changed the plan to Sunday.

Now, my daughter comes home very late Satuday night and decides she will go with us on Sunday and we can look at other communities too. Well, after 4.5 hours house shopping, its time for dinner and we meet up with some others and by time I got home it was after 9 p.m. Dang

So, you most likely noticed I did not have one day where I was home all day. I tried to be a bum, but could not go out like a bum, so you have to be clean, dressed nice and such. No three day vacation off work in pjs for me. Boohoo

If you have read this far, thank you for listening to my rant. One thing I didnt mention was that even though this will be her house I will be living with her. And I am looking forward to that. She is my baby. :). I will have my own living area.

Oh and sewing and quilting. Hahahahahah. I got about a total of 3-4 hours in there somewhere but nothing I planned.

Such is life, its short, gotta deal with what life brings you.

Hugs to all, hope your 4th was much more relaxing than mine. :)

Monique
July 6th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Rant away.............................. My plans never go as planned either.

Iris Girl
July 6th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Plans? plans? I have learned not to make any. Flying by the seat of your pants works best for me.

Lori63
July 6th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Rant all you want! I totally understand...I have three girls that are always changing my "me time" plans. I don't really mind though, I love spending time with them.

Iris Girl
July 6th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Rant all you want! I totally understand...I have three girls that are always changing my "me time" plans. I don't really mind though, I love spending time with them.

LOL girls I can understand it is our prerogative to change our minds but I have a hubby who will change his mind 3 or 4 times at the drop of a hat and with in mins of walking out the door for an engagement previously planned.

Grandma Nan
July 6th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Ok new plan- never answer the phone on a holiday weekend. P.s. Don't you love how our adult kids think we have no life or plans and can be there at their beck and call??

Kgrammiecaz
July 6th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Ok new plan- never answer the phone on a holiday weekend. P.s. Don't you love how our adult kids think we have no life or plans and can be there at their beck and call??

Ya know, I think that is exactly what they think. We have nothing else to do, so when they get busy they can delegate to us. lol

MRoy
July 6th, 2015, 09:54 AM
My July 4th plans got rained out...literally. Up side of this...enough food cooked to feed DH for a week!

Hulamoon
July 6th, 2015, 10:00 AM
All I got out of that is that your going to live with your dd? Oh my gosh that would drive me crazy. My youngest insists that it's her right to come back home. She's the type to say mom go to bed if I fall asleep on the couch or turn off the fan when I want it on.

If my house was set up different, maybe, This girl is a little snot though. lol

GuitarGramma
July 6th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I feel your pain! The last time hubby was out of town, I planned the same stay-at-home thing, and ended up being on the go-go-go the whole time. What's that they say about the best laid plans of mice and men? Well, I think it applies to quilters, too!

Carrie J
July 6th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Karen, rant on, it's good for the soul!! LOL!

Kgrammiecaz
July 6th, 2015, 12:53 PM
All I got out of that is that your going to live with your dd? Oh my gosh that would drive me crazy. My youngest insists that it's her right to come back home. She's the type to say mom go to bed if I fall asleep on the couch or turn off the fan when I want it on.

If my house was set up different, maybe, This girl is a little snot though. lol

Actually, we do pretty well. While I do like having my own place, as I get older, I know it will be best to be with one of the girls, and she would be the only one I would stay with. I will have my own space except for sharing the kitchen. And, if we are able to get the suite over the garage, it will be even better as it has its own kitchen.

Hulamoon
July 6th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Actually, we do pretty well. While I do like having my own place, as I get older, I know it will be best to be with one of the girls, and she would be the only one I would stay with. I will have my own space except for sharing the kitchen. And, if we are able to get the suite over the garage, it will be even better as it has its own kitchen.

That's good to hear, sounds like a good balance. My step dd has her mom living with her like you discribe. I alway's go up up to vist with her when I'm there because we get along real well. Who knew lol.

This dd of mine threw the cat down and yelled at my dog when she was here last. I don't need the stress.

SewnByBee
July 6th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Its hard to share your space when your not use to it. I am having a Hard Time right now too. My schedule has been turned upside down and my life has been too.OMG How to get it back ? When I f figure it out , I 'll be glad to tell you......... ths could take a while.......
My time was when I got everything done, can't seem to get nothing done...........gotta get my scedule back... I 'm in collage kid chaos.

JCY
July 7th, 2015, 12:30 AM
Maybe it's time to set some ground rules with DD so you don't get dumped on & expected to pick up her slack. Sorry you had so little time to yourself over the holiday week-end. Hope this is a better week.

Kgrammiecaz
July 7th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Maybe it's time to set some ground rules with DD so you don't get dumped on & expected to pick up her slack. Sorry you had so little time to yourself over the holiday week-end. Hope this is a better week.

I so agree with you. She is leaving for a week tonorrow and I let her know I was not taking the doggies. So far I only have to check them once. She has others coming to care for them the rest of the week.

Bjvarizona
July 7th, 2015, 02:27 AM
The flip side is when three of the four kids live three hours away, in a different state and a different country. Only one lives in the same city and he always calls first to see if we need any work done! I'm about done with the traveling after this year! Getting too arthritic!