PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tuesday!!

Monique
October 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I did not get to sign in yesterday. Believe it or not I was busy. I did go have coffee with a friend. She gave me a bread maker. I think mine conked out. Have to make buns for Saturday.

Had a very quiet weekend. Hubby went back to the camp. I downloaded 3 movies and did more hand quilting on the queen size quilt.

Got my floral blocks mailed away. Received my Canadian swap blocks. Now to decide what to do with them. I will take some pics later and see what you all think.

Today is quilt day for Victoria's Quilts so my morning is busy. Not sure what this afternoon will bring.

You all have a wonderful Tuesday.

mianmom
October 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Good Morning All! I actually got some quilting done yesterday! DD's quilt is half machine quilted would like to finish that up today so I can start the hand stitching in it. I pulled DH's quilt back out this morning and have been trying to decide what to hand quilt on it. Still have 3 quilted balls and four of the cathedral windows to do for the craft sale. But right now I need to look for some NFL fabric for three gifts and of course three different teams! LOL

Have a great day!!

toggpine
October 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Hi!
I did get some sewing done in the last few days. Mostly mending, but I did get my 9-patches started for the disappearing 9-patch that was cut and then buried on the sewing table.
Today sees me running through morning chores, dropping off the kindergardener, and then heading to Mom's to help take down all of the stuff off the shelves on the wall behind the the bathroom. They are having some major repair work done on the main bathroom and the guys need to take the old tile off. He was concerned that they might have to be less than gentle getting it off, and that could cause the items on the other side of the wall to fall off. Since most of the stuff up there is/was mine she thought I might want to come and do it. Since she has moved the huge pile of stuff that was in front of the shelving unit, I can do that now. So I'll have a trip down memory lane today as I finally clean out the last of my stuff from my room as a kid. Now, what to do with the stuff I just can't give away????
Happy bun making Monique!
Mianmom, any day is a good day when you "have" to go fabric shopping!
For those who haven't checked in yet, Hi & Hugs to you!
You all have a great day! Cathy

meemeecyn
October 18th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Just a quickie to say hi to everyone. Have an eye appt this afternoon and then off to my part time job. I co-facilitate a support group for grandparents who are raising their children and am so amazed every week just how strong and wonderful they are. Many of their stories are heart breaking. It is an honor to be able to be part of their experiences and to witness the strength they get from each other and from sharing their stories.

Good luck at your Mom's, Cathy. Reliving those memories is neat....you'll probably end up taking most home with you! It is hard to part with....
Mia...love your Avatar! Happy fabric shopping for NFL print. Monique, do you use your bread machine a lot? I found a neat Italian bread recipe that I put in my machine for the mixing and kneading and then take out, let rise again, cover with egg wash and bake in the oven. It is so darn good!

Have a great Tuesday and hope you all get to do something you really love.
Cynthia

oldgurl4
October 18th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hi Everyone... and Good Morning.

I'm Sewwwww HAPPY I'm BACK TO WORK!!!!
No I'm Not Sick......
I tell Ya!
These Flowery Blocks have taken Over My LIFE!!...Geeezzzz and I thought My Kidz were to Blame for....

Wow.... what a CHALLANGE it has Been.... and still going.

But ~Suzi~ Don't worry... My Dear I won't Let anybody Down!

Hi Monique..... have I met you yet?

I Missed You All !!

Where's the Morning Ray of Sunshine?...Blondie?????

Am I in Kansas anymore????
Toto----??? TOTO!!! Where's MY TOTO????

Oh! that's Right.. It's MISSOURI!! MY BAD!

Well as you can See..... Nothing's changed here....I'm still Normal.

LOL..LOL
I Need More COFFEE!!!

TTYL Have an AWESOME Tuesday.....

Genny
October 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Good Tuesday everyone!!!

bakermom
October 18th, 2011, 12:59 PM
up early(for me-I work graveyard), made a batch of banana bread, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and finished some laundry. all so i could spend the day upstairs sewing with out interruption. Put the binding on another little quilt, gathered up some scraps to cut into 5" squares and found some suitable fabric to back another baby quilt. DH requested a quilt and I foolishly said OK before asking what he wanted-a double wedding ring like his GGM made. Okey-dokey then. If i remember correctly, it wasn't a traditional one but rings appliqued onto wide fabric. he has it tucked away somewhere, it is soooooooo worn from use. honestly, it's a quilt I have always thought about doing, but have felt a bit intimidated by it. Open to any suggestions here, LOL.

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I'm just stopping for a couple minutes to check on everyone and say hi. I've been here too long. Just know I'm well and happy, sending hugs and prayers, interested in each and everyone of you and knowing I'd better shake my tail-feathers and accomplish something today!

middlesis1966
October 18th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Happy Tuesday all! Its kinda a yucky day here weather wise. Its just a gloomy day. I got started on some candy corn table toppers and now all I have left is to cut them to size and do the binding. I have a few busy days ahead and wont get them until the weekend. They do go together fast because its a quilt as you go pattern.
Have a blessed day all and if its cold where your at snuggle up! If its warm where your at, your one lucky chic!!!

Monique
October 18th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Just a quickie to say hi to everyone. Have an eye appt this afternoon and then off to my part time job. I co-facilitate a support group for grandparents who are raising their children and am so amazed every week just how strong and wonderful they are. Many of their stories are heart breaking. It is an honor to be able to be part of their experiences and to witness the strength they get from each other and from sharing their stories.

Good luck at your Mom's, Cathy. Reliving those memories is neat....you'll probably end up taking most home with you! It is hard to part with....
Mia...love your Avatar! Happy fabric shopping for NFL print. Monique, do you use your bread machine a lot? I found a neat Italian bread recipe that I put in my machine for the mixing and kneading and then take out, let rise again, cover with egg wash and bake in the oven. It is so darn good!

Have a great Tuesday and hope you all get to do something you really love.
Cynthia

Yes Cynthia, I have used it a lot. Mostly for buns. I made them once and they were so good now it is my job to make them for all the family dinners. Trying out my machine one last time to see if it is done or what. I do have a back-up bread machine just in case. Thanks for asking.

quilter.martha
October 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Howdy all! Boy has the day ever disappeared. I ran to JoAnne's this morning do some quick shopping (after having already grocery shopped and started my laundry). Bought backing for the Christmas tree skirt I'm working on. Then ran into my favorite clothes shop--Christoper and Banks--to shop. The whole store was 50% off--that's too much of a bargain to ignore. Bought a lightweight sweater to wear for Christmas and a couple of sleeveless turtlenecks to go under it. I got home to find my son, laying on the couch sick! Don't know exactly what he has, but I sure don't want it! He's sleeping now, which is probably the best thing for him.

I spent the rest of my day sewing! Don't get to do that too often. I've got that tree skirt just about finished. It's been a fun project. I'm still considering taking it to be LAQ, something I've never done before. There's a local lady that does just incredible work with her long arm. I'm going to see what she charges before I make my decision.

Well, enjoy what's left of the day everyone!

toggpine
October 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hi all!

I did get some progress made at Mom's. Found some important papers & some family pictures. Threw a bunch of stuff out and recycled two grocery bags of papers. I know there is more, but I ran out of time before I had to head back to get the kiddo. I also uncovered a stash of cross-stitch projects and a "Learn How to Knit" Kit. I still cross-stitch, but am afraid to pick up the needles and hooks since I KNOW how addicting the yarn can be. I DO have a spinning wheel though. Arrgh!

We are having a "lazy dinner" of chili dogs (canned chili makes it lazy) and chips for supper. I'll have heart burn for sure, but I will enjoy eating them!

I hope to get to some sewing tonight! Catch you all later!
Cathy

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Okay, it's me. I didn't get to the sewing room until after lunch today, but did manage to finish a box bag for DD and a BEAGLE Halloween costume for Li'l Rita Anne. I can hardly wait to see her in it. The tail even sticks out and curves up in the back. Darling. Also started sewing some more strips for the Christmas swap and Al popped in to tell me they were predicting a frost tonight. I got up and brought in my outside plants and tucked them in for the winter and called it a day. Hopefully I'll get down earlier tomorrow. Al is headed to Topeka, KS for the afternoon, and then Thursday he goes to Jefferson City for more training. I'll have a good weekend to myself. Maybe I can finish some projects then.

HandsOffItsMine
October 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
a BEAGLE Halloween costume for Li'l Rita Anne. I can hardly wait to see her in it. The tail even sticks out and curves up in the back. Darling.

We better get to see a posting of all the girls in their halloween costumes! Dying to see how cute they all are going to look. :D

Sandy Navas
October 18th, 2011, 11:15 PM
We better get to see a posting of all the girls in their halloween costumes! Dying to see how cute they all are going to look. :D

You will. Proud GRANDMA!!