PDA

View Full Version : Good morning and Happy Sunday

Ginny B
July 5th, 2015, 08:27 AM
We did more outside work yesterday and then I did get into my sewing room for a couple hours. Had a delish BBQ dinner (burgers, corn on the cob and salads) and then just relaxed and watched TV inside last night. It was too noisy to sit outside.

This morning we are headed to the beach. Hope everyone had a good 4th. Have a great 5th of July too.

irishrn
July 5th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Morning Ginny and all to follow!
Very noisy night with fireworks last night but the t storms passed us by. Poor Casey was having a time with the fireworks. Even with the thunder shirt he was pacing and barking at all the noise. Couldn't get him out till almost 1130 and he would only go with DH!!
Fell asleep finally in the recliner, again! I have to stop doing that at night.
Beautiful sunny day here today. Hope all have a wonderful Sunday!!

Lori63
July 5th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone:). We had a nice quiet 4th. DGD didn't like the fireworks so we came in early. I put a fan in her room to help drown out some of the noise so she could sleep. Today should be another quiet day. After mom and dad pick up DGD I might get a little sewing in.

Ginny have fun at the beach!
Eileen sorry to hear about poor Casey, they just don't understand:(

Enjoy your Sunday!

Leslie333
July 5th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Good morning! We had a quiet 4th and I got lots of sewing done. :icon_happy: Slept in a bit this morning and woke to a sunny dry day, which is nice after all the rain we had here in June. I need to do some things around the house and hope to get back to sewing this afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day!

Angelia
July 5th, 2015, 11:14 AM
String blocks today, I think. My fingers are sore from hand quilting!

Quiet day today, thank goodness! Even though fireworks are illegal in the city limits, it sounded like a war zone last night. I was about ready to hose down the neighbor's display.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Bubby
July 5th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Morning Everyone,

I'm glad the 4th is over with and I hope so are the noisy fireworks. We ended up staying home last night because everyone around us was shooting off loud fireworks and Dottie was frantic all night, even with the doggy downers I got from the vet. Olive takes everything in stride, but Dottie feels it's her responsibility to guard me and she does it to the hilt, bless her sweet heart.

Jeff and I have been working outdoors all day. We trimmed the firebush and some ornamental grasses and as soon as it's dry enough I will jump on my mower and do the front and back yards. There is a NASCAR race on later Jeff wants to watch. We will have leftovers for lunch and dinner....the heck with cooking today!

Wishing everyone a great Sunday.

MsGoodHands
July 5th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Barb, I am in total agreement with you on hoping the fireworks are over. My sweet Scottie, Angus, was looking for a place to hide all night long. Hope you enjoy your Sunday!!

Navy Wife
July 5th, 2015, 04:21 PM
I was quite surprised that Ellie the cat wasn't bothered too much by the noise. Both sons and DDILs were here for dinner. One left to see fireworks and the other stayed on about another hour. Our neighborhood was pretty noisy, but they quit about 10. Ellie laid on the floor by me, behind the coffee table. We got to sleep late and had to get up early for church so I have been staring at the TV and napping since we got home. Maybe I'll catch up tonight.