PDA

View Full Version : All the owls must be recovering from the 4th

Lightwriter
July 5th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Woke up early but the forest is pretty quiet. We are very rural, but two microscopic communities in the county have parades for the 4th anyway. Our local sheriff is running for reelection so we went to ride in the parades to support him as he has opposition. Lots of fire trucks and cute kids. Got home before some storms hit.

Hope all had a safe and happy 4th!

kimsophia
July 5th, 2015, 05:02 AM
I had a great 4th as it is our wedding anniversary and DH made lobster tails! He even clarified the butter...wow, the things they teach online these days. lol I felt like quite a queen eating that meal! All I contributed was frozen veggies and nuked potatoes. :) I enjoyed the fireworks on tv. No mosquitoes. :)

I made a Crafty Gemini headband out of a batik jellyroll strip--I didn't make mine reversible. My hair is so thin now. I dreamed I found a ponytail of hair I had saved up to make a wig and forgotten about. I was really happy!!! :D ha ha My hair stash...

sewlucky
July 5th, 2015, 05:13 AM
I'm not in the States, but I had a pretty good 4th ;) I met up with some good friends for brunch and then sewed all afternoon. Hubby and I watched a few episodes of Grace and Frankie on Netflix. Too funny! I'm still up reading the internet debates over whether to use quilting cottons for garments. Lol. People have a lot of opinions!

Suppose I should get some sleep.

Terri

shermur
July 5th, 2015, 05:30 AM
A silent (thank goodness) 4th of July. It's the first 4th of July sweet Dottie was not nervous and frightened. Our new neighborhood was quiet and there wasn't any loud, obnoxious fireworks set off. And I went to bed early, the long drive from Austin wore me out!

Andrea F
July 5th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Good morning!

I'm glad you all had a nice holiday. Kimsophia, lobster sounds fantastic. My hubby doesn't go anywhere near anything fish-like, it grosses him out. I really like anything fish but don't cook it because he can't even stand the smell (also if there is no smell at all...). I have to go check that headband out. My hair is always in the way. I don't have much or I should better say, it's long-ish but got also thin over the last decade. We have a problem with thin hair on our mother's side of the family.

Yesterday was the hottest day ever, I think. I couldn't stand being outside until the evening when we had a BBQ. Right now it's raining and we have a bit of thunder going on which is great because it already cooled down noticably. At around 10p.m. yesterday I finally got in my sewing room and made another NCW, all in black for my sister. It took me a while, I should have read the instructions again. I kept forgetting things, like adding the closure at the right time. When I came upstairs, it was already after 3 a.m.

Today, sister#3 comes to visit and I want to sew some more. I have to catch up for the ten days I haven't been able to play with my fabrics. Any work is delayed until tomorrow.

Have wonderful Sunday, peeps. Stay safe and cool!